• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood programming is pathetic

DeletedUser2989

Could a Moderator give me a exact definition of the 3 ages rule.

I have seen 2 different explanations of it :

1) as 3 different ages ie EMA, HMA, and LMA
2) as 3 age difference ie EMA.HMA, LMA and CA

Also is the max number of player 80.

I have had 2 different session of being in hoods that did not meet either of the 3 ages option and the 80 max.

In 1 case I sent a ticket and basically told this was not an error and nothing would be done about it. The 2nd case I did not bother.

Also in both cases, I was attack everyday and plundered of all goods and some supplies and coins.

If it happens again, I will close down for 2 weeks and not bother playing.

Because of this problem, and the inability of Inno to make changes, I only buy enough diamonds to get me over major problems that will take a long time to overcome.

Otherwise , I will not buy diamonds to line the pockets of Inno.

The 3 ages rule is not a hard rule as the program aims to have 2-3 ages in a hood (like point 1 of your post) however it's still acceptable to have a 3 age difference (as seen in point 2), thus when looking into if the program is working well enough or not we'll be using the 3 age difference definition.

The max number of neighbors is not limited to 80 (currently my hood is 85) but the system aims to make neighborhoods of approximately 80.

While a 3 age difference is significant what also needs to be considered is the number of neighbors in which age, if there is a spread across the 4 ages in the neighborhood then it's unlikely to be considered out of place (you still have people near your age to trade/fight with). Neighborhoods that shouldn't be forming (from my understanding of the system at least) are ones where there is a gap (so say 3 CA players in a hood where everyone else is PME/ME) and especially ones where new players (Bronze Age) are placed in with players at the end of the tech tree.

DeletedUser101925

naterichster : Nothing constructive to say again. Why bother posting.

No your reaction is useful to this topic! Well done lowering yourself.

I'm assuming nate meant that this complaining about plunder has been going on from the start and there seems to be no end coming to it. Wich seems a valid comment to me.

Personally i'm not against plundering except if it happens 3 ages or more below, thats just stupid. But i've seen plenty of people complaining here doing nothing to defend themselves either. To those people i'd like to say it's their own dumb fault. Every time i get put into a new hood i'll attack everyone and write down their defenses. If you have 2 spears for months as a defense you really do deserve to have your goods taken away no matter what era you're currently in.

DeletedUser

Tankovy

Thank you for that information.

Just for info, the case I put a ticket in for concerned 9 others and myself who were in EMA or below, put into a hood which then totalled 90 and which the lowest players there were in PE. I was attacked and plundered by about 30 each day, and about another 20 just attacking. And as I said was told this was not an error.

DeletedUser

Why say this.? Naterichster has made many posts here on the forum, most are constructive and interesting and add to whatever topic is being discussed and I for one enjoy reading them. He / She has not quoted you and may be replying to another post in the thread anyway so If you don't like the post for some reason then scroll past without leaving personal comments

I hope you notice he/she did not quote who the comment was made to, but came after my post. Also he/she made a similar quote to me on another thread in the last day or so.

So I may be wrong, but assumned the comment was for me.

As to the many interesting posts he/she has made, they were not this one #139.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

I hope you notice he/she did not quote who the comment was made to, but came after my post. Also he/she made a similar quote to me on another thread in the last day or so.

So I may be wrong, but assumned the comment was for me.

As to the many interesting posts he/she has made, they were not this one #139.

Whether Nat's comment was to you or not it did not warrant the reply you have made which bordered on a personal attack. Now I'm not getting into an argument, someone else already explained what Nat
meant so why bring it up again. Just drop it and let the thread continue, and on topic please

DeletedUser

No your reaction is useful to this topic! Well done lowering yourself.

I'm assuming nate meant that this complaining about plunder has been going on from the start and there seems to be no end coming to it. Wich seems a valid comment to me.

Personally i'm not against plundering except if it happens 3 ages or more below, thats just stupid. But i've seen plenty of people complaining here doing nothing to defend themselves either. To those people i'd like to say it's their own dumb fault. Every time i get put into a new hood i'll attack everyone and write down their defenses. If you have 2 spears for months as a defense you really do deserve to have your goods taken away no matter what era you're currently in.

syph0n

You may be correct in your assumption on nates meaning, you may be correct that is vaild. But I said constructive, we all know plundering been going on from the start, well shortly after at least. Just again repeating what everyone knows is not constuctive.

I know I have nothing constructive to add, I have only asked for information to clarify, even if its just for me, the rules concerning the merges, and given info on my experience with this problem.

I believe there is an Idea's section setup for this problem also. So if anyone has any constructive idea's on how to solve the they should post there.

DeletedUser

Whether Nat's comment was to you or not it did not warrant the reply you have made which bordered on a personal attack. Now I'm not getting into an argument, someone else already explained what Nat
meant so why bring it up again. Just drop it and let the thread continue, and on topic please

I suggest you stop attacking me, on a comment I made to someone else, it has nothing to do with you. If nate believes I am attacking him/her, then leave it to nate.

DeletedUser97349

Alright I think it's time a line was drawn under this... If anyone does have something constructive to add please feel free, but this isn't the place for personal arguments :)

DeletedUser14782

Why say this.? Naterichster has made many posts here on the forum, most are constructive and interesting and add to whatever topic is being discussed and I for one enjoy reading them. He / She has not quoted you and may be replying to another post in the thread anyway so If you don't like the post for some reason then scroll past without leaving personal comments
thanks akkers.

and guys...
its cool. dont argue 'bout me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97018

todays shuffle:
player ranked #1 = 2.923.382
player ranked #84 = 44.403
need i say more? :confused:

DeletedUser99588

todays shuffle:
player ranked #1 = 2.923.382
player ranked #84 = 44.403
need i say more?

Yes you need to state how many ages apart they are :p

DeletedUser101925

I've been moved to a new neighborhood recently. It's actually not too bad compared to my previous one.
The only downside is that i'm going to miss out on 1200+- medals a week.. oh well that's how the cookie crumbles. ;)

New neigborhood:
Highest player - 1.5mil points (ME)
Lowest player - 90k points (InA)

Old neigborhood:
Highest player - 500k points (PE)
Lowest player - around 50k'ish (don't remember exact) (LMA)

DeletedUser2989

It's good to see that in your case the age variance decreased :)

I think I might point out as well (probably has been pointed out before but will do so again) that in the later ages you'll be more likely to see larger points variation in your neighborhoods. This is due to tech difference being the only consideration when constructing a neighborhood and the fact that so many things contribute differently to your score. Some players will have higher level GB, more GB's, others will have collected more or less supplies/coins/goods, others will have fought more battles and so on...

DeletedUser

Had an amusing reset this week on Houndsmoor... I've been pretty inactive on there lately as I am concentrating on Korch but anyway... I am rank 77 on 40k points and LMA, rank 75 in my hood is 500k points and PME, 12 times my score and 5 ages in front, you can imagine the rest of the hood. The top 10 in the hood is all in the top 40 on the server lol. I have attack helicopters coming after my trebuchets lol

But it bothers me not, I understand and accept that random calculations will throw up nonsense like that from time to time. I will continue as before. If I get plundered I get plundered, not exactly anything I can do about it haha. Hopefully will get kicked out the hood and put somewhere more age appropriate soon, will see.

DeletedUser100832

of course it doesn't bother you, you are hardly active in that world...

DeletedUser99170

In my Greifental hood the last merger added 5 new CE palyers to our CA/Ind/PE hood, we are now 85. Of course the CEs enjoy the easy prey. Strange that the merger saw the need to increase our number to 85 rather than to bring all those scattered Greifental CEs into one hood.

DeletedUser2989

Had an amusing reset this week on Houndsmoor... I've been pretty inactive on there lately as I am concentrating on Korch but anyway... I am rank 77 on 40k points and LMA, rank 75 in my hood is 500k points and PME, 12 times my score and 5 ages in front, you can imagine the rest of the hood. The top 10 in the hood is all in the top 40 on the server lol. I have attack helicopters coming after my trebuchets lol

But it bothers me not, I understand and accept that random calculations will throw up nonsense like that from time to time. I will continue as before. If I get plundered I get plundered, not exactly anything I can do about it haha. Hopefully will get kicked out the hood and put somewhere more age appropriate soon, will see.

I suspect that your inactivity may have something to do with you ending up in the wrong neighborhood. It seems more likely that you'll get dumped in an random hood (high chance of it being the wrong one) if you go inactive for long enough to be removed from your old neighborhood.

DeletedUser

I suspect that your inactivity may have something to do with you ending up in the wrong neighborhood. It seems more likely that you'll get dumped in an random hood (high chance of it being the wrong one) if you go inactive for long enough to be removed from your old neighborhood.

That makes sense, thanks for the suggested explanation :)

DeletedUser97969

From a year now I am with the same neighbors. Only a small percentage are replaced with new ones every 2 weeks. How do can I ended up in a brand new neighborhood?
I am 13 position with 5.2 million points. 1st neighbor is 11,75 million points. ( kickflip720 ). I do not want ( Petervl ) in my neighborhood. He makes excessively many battles for PvP :(