• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood programming is pathetic

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
If that is what the players in your guild tell you, you need a better guild. The probability of being moved to a neighborhood of your own age is not low at all, on the contrary it is almost certain. I've had neighbors several ages behind me several times, and they never stay longer than two weeks before being moved out. If your guild members claim otherwise, they are either idiots who don't know any better, or they are idiots who get a kick out of lying to you.

DeletedUser

Fair go needed.

Since this last round of neighbourhood started, I ended up with the top players in the world I am in, so there is at least a 5 age's gap between those at top and those at bottom. Is that suppose to encourage those of us still building our cities to continue playing, I DO NOT THINK SO. I personally are 2 age's from the top group of players and get destroyed 4 or more times in a 24 hours period. Makes it worse that most of the top in this hood love to plunder goods too, really great with the summer comp on and 24 hour production quests.

Will never bother to spend money (and I have it to spend on things like this game) whilst there is such an imbalance in the hoods as such. It is a bloody joke for me to even consided doing a retalitory strike on those top players, all of whom spend diamonds to get things and have the top units. Last night was a prime example of this when hit by units from LMA defeated my EMA units without any damage to them. And then the ahole plunders me too.

Have two other friends feeling the same about this as its happening to them too, they wont bother spending either and both are looking at pulling the plug as well. More players doing this will only make a game die a swift death.

Get your heads out of your ass game designers and fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103478

How long till next merge? am getting extremely sick to death of being plundered. how am i meant to do the dam event quests when all my good gets plundered by the same lame people every single day? A few days the mod told me... nearly two weeks ago............. ........ dont give a dam about being plundered by people the same age or an age or above but come whats the fairness of people FOUR AGE'S ABOVE YOU PLUNDERING YOUR DAM GOODS

cant see how hard it can be to make the merge system put people together that are an age or two at most apart, four ages is just over the top and has 100 % ruined my time playing the game not to mention slowed my progress down loads and my participation in the summer event.

DeletedUser103478

not when you have a life, children and a job.... i missed my collection by 2 mins.. but again, the point is the unfairness of being in a hood where every one is 4 ages above me. collecting my goods is not going to change that is it? if i was in a equal hood i would not care in regards to being plundered as ill be able to plunder back or atleast get one hit of on their army before all 8 of mine is dead..

the point im making is its unfair, im sure it cant take a genius to program the merge system to move people in a fair manner.

Dont go of topic, Topic is Neighborhood-programming-is-pathetic << that has nothing to do with plundering.

you also didnt answer my question " How long till next merge? "

DeletedUser

I must have hit it lucky - I've managed to reach almost the middle of the Iron Age without being plundered once. Only two attempts, both of which were fended off with a simple 8 Spearmen defence.

DeletedUser103478

careful you might find you self put in with people in modern era next week..................... good luck defending against tanks with them sticks

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
...it cant take a genius to program the merge system to move people in a fair manner.

I agree with you on that one - but the quality of programming for the whole game seems to be quite poor overall. I wouldn't employ an Inno programmer in my company.

My whole hood is in PME, but they still complain about being attacked - and I seldom plunder.

DeletedUser2989

The merge system is programmed to occur every two weeks, so assuming it continues along as scheduled the next merge will occur sometime around the 8th of September. The only exception I can think of is if the devs decide to add in an extra one before then but after the end of the current event.

I'd say that it is more likely though that the next merge will happen as programmed.

DeletedUser100832

just started a few new cities on new worlds

in two of them there's a PME player in a n'hood with beginners (in stone and bronze ages). Wow, just wow.

DeletedUser2989

I believe that has to do with players going inactive for a period of time (getting removed from their neighbourhood) and then coming back and just getting lumped in any free neighbourhood. After the next merge those PME players should find themselves in the right (or at least better) neighbourhoods.

DeletedUser97969

Under the current system is a big problem that lose 3-4 - up to 6 units and battles are very difficult fight for medals is very difficult, I should not fight one month, to gather troops and lose them at 1 - 2 weeks in active combat.

DeletedUser6065

I believe that has to do with players going inactive for a period of time (getting removed from their neighbourhood) and then coming back and just getting lumped in any free neighbourhood. After the next merge those PME players should find themselves in the right (or at least better) neighbourhoods.
I should imagine your reply pretty much supports the title of this thread. I refuse to believe the referenced player 'fell asleep' in a Bronze neighborhood. I also refuse to believe there did not exist a single, solitary, one-of-a-kind, neighborhood that they could not have been 'lumped in' with proper planning and programming. Again, read the title of the thread. Pathetic is exactly the word, as we flew right past laughable when this new and improved merge system did not work the very first time it was implemented.
. . . . . . mk

DeletedUser102246

Merge? I think they're waiting for us to Yield...

The merge system is programmed to occur every two weeks, so assuming it continues along as scheduled the next merge will occur sometime around the 8th of September. The only exception I can think of is if the devs decide to add in an extra one before then but after the end of the current event.

I'd say that it is more likely though that the next merge will happen as programmed.

I haven't *seen* a neighborhood merge since July... no message about new neighbors, no noticeable changes. The constantly plundering jerk sitting at #1 in my E-World hood still has at least 4x the points of player #2 and roughly 11x the points of the average player there. Are INNO ever going to get this merge system properly sorted?

DeletedUser2989

The merge system is based on tech progress, not on score. The leader in my neighborhood for example has 10x the score I have (regardless of the much higher score is is possible for me to defend my town successfully), however all the people (bar 1 person) are in the ME or PME, thus PvP battles are as fair as they can be considering tech progress alone. That being said it is possible (and somewhat frequent) that current hoods will not change (based on little change in tech difference) and thus the message may not appear (as no one new joined).

So technically the only errors in the current system that Inno would need to fix would be the creation of neighborhoods comprised of more than 2-3 ages (as clearly it is not merging people with similar tech levels). There is also the issue of people going inactive and then rejoining inappropriate neighborhoods but I'm not sure if it is an oversight of the current system or something it should cover but doesn't. Other than those if the merge system is making neighborhoods with less than 2 ages variation then it is working as intended.

If players would prefer a system based on points and rank there is an idea (along with some discussion which might be worth reading), you could always add your support here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24204-unfair-mergers-Idea

Other than that people can feel free to present their ideas (in the ideas section, formatted if possible) on how neighborhood merges should happen. This thread has discussed it a little and it might help if people can form a coherent idea for the devs to work off rather than "just fix it" (after-all there are many different ways it could be taken and some could end up worse). Personally I think a tech based merge system is better than a points based merge system but I can understand that GB's also present a significant factor that is being overlooked (there may be others as well).

DeletedUser101925

The merge system is based on tech progress, not on score..

-> If this was truly the case there wouldn't be any BA/IA/EMA stuck with PME/ME players.
-> If this was truly the case then I wouldn't be the first in my hood to reach Colonial Age, Industrial Age AND now Progressive Age AND be the strongest player overall for months in a row. (in my hood anyway)

Please, if you do not know how the merging system works that's fine. Honestly I don't have a clue how it works either. But I do believe that the players deserve a better system then the one currently in use and I believe there needs to come some clarification what the requirements for getting into new hoods really are.

Edit: This thread has been going on in circles for about 10 pages and still no one knows how hoods work. It's really really sad.

DeletedUser99588

From my observations the neighbourhood system does indeed work how Tank has described. However, there appears to be more to it than that and it may also take into account activity levels and possibly the type of activity. I think they try to get a good mix of all these things so you don't have all of one player style in a neighbourhood (lol or maybe I'm reading to much into it).

The fact we have a number of threads complaining of such differences in Tech does highlight that for whatever reason the merge system struggles at times to keep it balanced. Maybe this is an ideal question the developers could answer in detail on a forum Q/A (please not via video) even if it just explains why it is so difficult to get it right all of the time.

DeletedUser

The answer Tankovy has given is the same every mod that I have ever seen give. To your first point, syph0n, that is the way it is supposed to work as far as anyone has been told, but the process isn't perfect and it's further complicated by people becoming in/active in the middle of the week, and incorrectly sized hoods. (seems to me that the priority is size of the hood, not the composition of the hood).

To your second point, I can guess that you're in the same situation I am in. You're significantly higher in rank points than a lot of other people in your current age. I have nearly 1 mil points and just now at the end of Indy, compared to many players who are in the middle or end of PE, and only half of my points. If you're higher than the average point wise, of course you will be at the top of the hood. Since we didn't get the last merge we were supposed to have, I am one of the top 3 in my hood, and a third or more of an era behind nearly a dozen players across the hood. If you're not in my situation, I bet you're hood hasn't changed much then, no significant mergers in a few cycles. Then of course you're at the top as you progress, that is the way it should work who ever had the slight advantage several cycles ago generally keeps that advantage.

As to your third point, dang right we deserve a better system. I keep having to move on my tech because, despite my military GBs, my hoodies outstrip me militarily. A better system would certainly better suit more player's play styles.