• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood programming is pathetic

DeletedUser653

............ in the later ages you'll be more likely to see larger points variation in your neighborhoods. This is due to tech difference being the only consideration when constructing a neighborhood and the fact that so many things contribute differently to your score. Some players will have higher level GB, more GB's, others will have collected more or less supplies/coins/goods, others will have fought more battles and so on...

Surely the only thing that matters in hoods weekly recalculations is the troop buildings age, average troop age held and maybe defence/attack GB's.
Having a L25 St Marks should not matter.
Having 2 GB's or 10 GB's should not matter (maybe it matters re defence or attack GB's but the total number?)
Why on earth does it matter about how many coins, supplies or goods i collected?
Why does the number of battles I fight impact my hood.

Tankovy, assuming you are speaking from a situation where you know this to be true can you please post the rules for deciding a players hood as for 2 years we have asked about this and no one has ever said what the logic is and i for one would love to know the logic.

many thanks - Mark

DeletedUser7719

What about just ordering the hoods with respect to the total amount of FPs spent (tech tree and yours and others GBs)?

DeletedUser2989

Surely the only thing that matters in hoods weekly recalculations is the troop buildings age, average troop age held and maybe defence/attack GB's.
Having a L25 St Marks should not matter.
Having 2 GB's or 10 GB's should not matter (maybe it matters re defence or attack GB's but the total number?)
Why on earth does it matter about how many coins, supplies or goods i collected?
Why does the number of battles I fight impact my hood.

Tankovy, assuming you are speaking from a situation where you know this to be true can you please post the rules for deciding a players hood as for 2 years we have asked about this and no one has ever said what the logic is and i for one would love to know the logic.

many thanks - Mark

@HRC, I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood what I said in that quote. In the quote I was attempting to explain why in later age hoods there are larger point variations between neighbors than in lower age hoods. So one with mostly ME players will vary lots in terms of the players score where as a hood with mostly EMA players will have scores a lot more closer together.

It is indeed true that the current system doesn't consider your GB's, coins, supplies, goods and/or battles, the current system will only consider your tech level.

As for the logic of the system. The merge system in place is designed to take the existing hoods and break them into "chunks", these are determined by the tech difference between members of the hood. So considering just 1 hood for now, say you have 3 different ages represented across 80 players fairly evenly. Most of the chunks should be even sizes and the people in a chunk are probably only going to vary by a few techs. In a way a chunk is a "mini-hood", however it is possible to get "chunks" that have only 1 person in it. Now considering an entire world of hoods, they are all broken into such chunks. The chunks are then compared to one another and reassembled into hoods.

This is where the system gets a bit fuzzy and a bit difficult to explain. Ideally you'd want all the hoods to be sorted out at the same time and to have the system be sure there are no better combinations. However realistically the system is building some then moving on and not touching up previous ones till the end. Now you may ask "then why do I end up in almost the exact same group of 80 people?" and the answer would be a time saving measure coupled with another factor "pace". If a lot of the chunks remain unchanged or "evenly paced" then the system will save time and put it back together and set it aside (potentially topping it up with a chunk that no longer belongs in it's old hood). If some chunks begin to out pace others in the hood there is a greater chance that they'll get moved to another and that a new chunk will be brought in (same thing for if a chunk starts to fall behind the rest).

Now I'd like to acknowledge that while the above may sound simple enough (thus why can't it get it right) we do have to consider that this happens 10 times every 2 weeks. Over a two week period a lot as changed for some people and not for others and each time your fast paced and slow paced people change (everyone experiences times where they swiftly progress through the tech tree and other times when they stop dead still). So we are left with an imperfect system working with imperfect data trying to create groups that are perfect (we are bound to have errors, the frequency of which are multiplied by 10).

Last the question of "Why does it put a group of people that are way below the rest in a hood?", well this is the expression of the errors that were bound to happen from the above mentioned imperfect system. With the system trying to save time and most likely some processing effort by forming some hoods and then moving on it can leave a few chunks that can't reasonably form a hood and all the ones they are compatible with are already full up (80 or more people). It then goes through and places them in it's next best option, the next closest age hood with room for more (thus one with less than 80 people). This is likely to happen with each merge and the same number of times for each world and as I've mentioned before with 10 worlds we'll see a lot of errors overall (still a small percent of the total number of hoods).

The case of "why is there 1-3 people that suddenly appeared in my hood from the wrong age" is less the merge system and more the inactivity one, they dropped out of full hoods due to going inactive and then when they came back it has to try and find a hood with spare space. There is a pretty high chance at this point of the people being placed in the wrong hoods.

DeletedUser65431

What about just ordering the hoods with respect to the total amount of FPs spent (tech tree and yours and others GBs)?
I think that would mean the only sensible strategy would be to simply charge through all research as quickly as possible without wasting any forge points on great buildings or unnecessary tech tree items.

DeletedUser7719

I think that would mean the only sensible strategy would be to simply charge through all research as quickly as possible without wasting any forge points on great buildings or unnecessary tech tree items.
You would still need some FPs for getting up a Lighthouse and St. Marks as coins and supplies will run out easily without and also quite a few in military GBs unless you want to try taking the map with unboosted units (which is not easy at all).

DeletedUser5180

From a year now I am with the same neighbors. Only a small percentage are replaced with new ones every 2 weeks. How do can I ended up in a brand new neighborhood?
I am 13 position with 5.2 million points. 1st neighbor is 11,75 million points. ( kickflip720 ). I do not want ( Petervl ) in my neighborhood. He makes excessively many battles for PvP :(

your actually rank 33 :p

DeletedUser97969

New Easy neighborhood please , I no longer want to play this game if I can not fight for 1 st place in the tower. :( even left the guild to reach faster to 40,000 medals. will no longer army for battle all killed in battles :(.

DeletedUser5180

New Easy neighborhood please , I no longer want to play this game if I can not fight for 1 st place in the tower. :( even left the guild to reach faster to 40,000 medals. will no longer army for battle all killed in battles :(.

winter event is not far away with plenty of chances to gain medals then

DeletedUser15432

I hope it is the same type as last year, I know this is off topic, and during the winter event, there was not neighbourhood merge last year so expect to stay in the same hood throughout December

DeletedUser5180

Once more we are given a propaganda scam instead of any attempt to fix a pathetic problem. The comment from Amy about "the system is automatic and unfortunately" is the glaring example of a group of developers that, instead of correcting the worst aspect of the game, continue to blather away excuses

Amy is not a developer, She was part of the forum mod team (but i don't think this is the case now as her banner is no longer). anyway my main point is your quote about the devs 'blathering away excuses'

the biggest problem is that the devs don't speak to us, i'd be happier if they did actually make excuses, at least we would know then that they are actually listening to our concerns and could even come forward and explain how the merge system works and what they are doing to find a solution. atm all we get is silence from them and that is more frustrating than anything

DeletedUser2989

I hope it is the same type as last year, I know this is off topic, and during the winter event, there was not neighbourhood merge last year so expect to stay in the same hood throughout December

I'm not certain about skipping the merge, it's certainly happened in the past and not just with the winter event, but things are always subject to change. So a skipped merge is possible but at this point we can't know for certain if it will happen, I think we'll leave any more winter event discussion till there is a announcement about it. :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I'm active everyday in Jaims (so can't apply inactivity as the reason)..yet after this latest merge today I am now in a n'hood where the #1 player is in Contemporary Era...and I'm only Colonial Age...

DeletedUser2989

I'm active everyday in Jaims (so can't apply inactivity as the reason)..yet after this latest merge today I am now in a n'hood where the #1 player is in Contemporary Era...and I'm only Colonial Age...

Are most of the other people in your hood around your age? I only ask because if the CE player is essentially the odd one out (or if the top 3 are CE and the next is IndA/PE) then it could be a faulty merge due to inactivity on the part of the CE player, or he/she may have been removed from his/her old hood (no longer fit in there) but then the program had no appropriate ones available and placed him in yours (which he/she still doesn't fit into).

As always with bad neighborhood merges you can report them to give us more information that we can relay.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yes.. I am #2.... the lowest placed player in the n'hood is HMA.

So the entire n'hood, irrespective of what they do or what defences they have etc. are at the mercy of 1 player who is between 5-7 ages ahead...

DeletedUser97349

and what they are doing to find a solution. atm all we get is silence from them and that is more frustrating than anything

Anyone with a truly unbalanced neighbourhood, please submit us a ticket and our mods will check the neighbourhoods, and send any confirmed unbalanced hoods to me so that I can add them to jira. The developers can then use these hoods to help improve the merge system and iron out the issues which are causing the problems.

Unbalanced neighbourhoods are defined by gaps in ages not score, as Tankovy has described earlier in this thread.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Ok fair enough. But what about instances whereby one player is CE and the remainder of the n'hood (say 78 players) are HMA-CA (5-7 ages lower)? Surely manually moving the one odd entity out of the n'hood would be the correct and proper thing to do.

DeletedUser4879

Just my 2cents worth: I've played this game since august 2012.
3 worlds I play in the top age (en server), 1 colonial age (Beta) and 1 LMA (US server)
The only one out of the above with a fair Naborhood I'm part of was the last change
on the us server! The rest hasn't changed all that much over the years!
Maybe just maybe the devs finaly taking notice and doing something about it!!!???
As a Footnote, it is no fun to be at the end of a Naborhood when starting this game without
having any GB's as a backup!!! Maybe one of the reasons why a lot of players don't hang around much!!!:rolleyes: