• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hall of Fame nerfing

DeletedUser96901

It says: Power influences ranking.
and that is still a lie

HoF doesn't influence ranking anymore :rolleyes:

or how does the HoF influences the guild ranking after the change :confused:

Your power contributes to your prestige
not the HoF power

You guys are making my head spin.
the truth is clear:
so which lie is it :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

HoF DOES influence your ranking! Power leads to leveling up, leveling up adds to your prestige. Therefore, HoF impacts/influences prestige/ranking!

This is so much more simple than everyone is making it!

DeletedUser13082

What are you guys talking about?! Where are you getting that power = guild ranking?! I am starting to wonder if you guys are thinking clearly at all, or just so focused on this vandetta against Inno you have that you can't think straight...

NO WHERE does it say "power = guild ranking"! It says: Power influences ranking. It does NOT say "power is your guild ranking", or "power, also known as prestige", or "power, prestige, ranking are all the same".

You guys are making my head spin.

Lol, I'm thinking the same but in reverse mate. Seriously it says right there, you said it yourself. Power influences guild ranking. So how does power from the HoF not influence guild ranking. It was supposed to influence it, it was supposed to work the same as a sector does. It was all intentional.

You're saying all of this about "prestige" but prestige is just the name of the rank score, not what adds to the rank score. There is nothing in GvG which you can do which gives "prestige" all you can gain is power. That power IS prestige. You don't take a sector and gain prestige which then gives rank points. You take a sector which gives power which in turn gives rank points. Therefore power = rank points which are called prestige.

DeletedUser13082

HoF DOES influence your ranking! Power leads to leveling up, leveling up adds to your prestige. Therefore, HoF impacts/influences prestige/ranking!

This is so much more simple than everyone is making it!

If that's the case then "power" shouldn't go directly to the rank of the guild, whether from a sector OR HoF. It should only go to levelling the guild up and guild ranks would consist only of the points given for each level up the guild receives, because that is the only place where you can gain prestige, if from guild level rewards. Nowhere else in the game can you be rewarded with prestige, only power.

DeletedUser1081

The official "Full GvG Guide" includes a glossary.

Power - A sector produces power during the daily calculation for the guild that owns the sector.
Prestige - Prestige is calculated from the level of a guild and the daily power. It is used for the global guild ranking.
Prestige Bonus - According to the level of the guild, every day the guild will get a certain amount of prestige.

I remember asking way back when what they mean by "calculated from" - what calculations, what's the formula? Similarly in the example you gentlemen are gnawing at, what does "influences" mean - influences how, exactly? It's like they went out of their way to make this all opaque when it should be clear.

Anyway according to the Full Guide prestige = power + the prestige boost, so there's still no reason to think the power from HoFs wouldn't count in it.

DeletedUser

See my post above, death o.

The problem is that you guys want to make your own definition of influence. Just accept the dynamics of the game the way they are, the way that they have been designed for us. I'm not saying you have to like the way it's deigned, or that you can't suggest improvements/alternatives. But you can't be mad that it doesn't work the way you'd like for it to. You also can't blame the devs because you didn't understand how it worked. We've all made mistakes because we didn't understand something, or weren't paying close enough attention. Just look at the new thread "laughable mistakes". It's all a learning process.

DeletedUser

Aside from all the above we've already touched on, no where does it say that HoF's have to influence prestige/ranking in the same way winning sectors do.

I don't see anyone upset or confused and complaining that the number of power listed under "level" in your guild info isn't applied daily to the prestige. For example, it shows that my guild has 50k+ power to my next level. It shows this for every other guild, too. Why is no one complaining that there's not this daily number of power added to prestige? I'll tell you why.... because it's obvious that power DOES NOT EQUAL prestige! LOL ;-)

You also all know that winning a sector does not add DAILY to the prestige. It adds it ONCE, when it's first won. However, it's added DAILY to your level up power progress bar. Why would you think that the HoF, which is collected daily, would add daily prestige? Makes no sense.

It's all very simple and I don't understand why people are having such a hard time with it.

It's starting to feel like people are just mad because it doesn't work the way they wanted....mad because they thought they could buy their way easily through the rankings, and it didn't work out that way.

DeletedUser13082

"Prestige - Prestige is calculated from the level of a guild and the daily power. It is used for the global guild ranking."

So let's shorten that quote a bit:
"Prestige - Prestige is calculated from the level of a guild and the daily power."
"Prestige - Prestige is calculated the daily power."

So I was right then? Prestige is the name of the rank which is calculated by the power owned by the guild. Power = Rank and rank is called prestige. So therefore, the power from a HoF should also add to the rank AKA prestige. Power from a sector and power from a HoF are the exact same thing. How can one add to the guilds "prestige" but not the other?

It says it right there. All I have taken out of that quote is the information saying what prestige is, and the information saying that guild level also adds to the rank. It clearly says right there, prestige is calculated by the daily power. A HoF offers daily power, which means it offers prestige. They are one in the same thing!

DeletedUser13082

LOL....*face palm*

WHERE are you seeing that "power = rank"?!? You keep repeating this, and I keep telling you that's NOT true! Where in the world are you getting this from?!

It is true! if you take a sector it gives you power and that power goes to your guild rank! POWER = RANK. RANK is called PRESTIGE

DeletedUser96901

@ohcrapitsalex
why not quoting the true formula (not some short try to explain it to stupid people)

old formula:
prestige = daily power + guild prestige bonus

that was changed to
prestige = daily power (but only from sectors) + guild prestige bonus

power --> prestige --> ranking
or short: power --> ranking
or in "bad math": power = ranking

maybe you understand that in the future

DeletedUser

He is getting it from sectors saying they give power which determines our rank, open your eyes and you will see where Death is coming from. Miss wording from INNO, i would not be shocked if those that bought the hall of fame required a refund.

Sectors say power... they give us rank points... yet rank points are called Prestige, and with HOF power is level... The wording most definately needs sorting out!

DeletedUser98465

The production of power from HoF and the amount of power you have from sectors is used for your Guild Level, the power for your guild level is also derived from the daily bonus you receive.

Prestige is derived from sectors you own and the power they hold, this number is used for your Guild Rank, you also relieve a "prestige" bonus based on your rank.

The inherent problem was that the HoF produced prestige when it shouldn't have, of which it wasn't advertised that it would, and neither was it communicated it would, an neither does the tooltip state this, however it was a known issue.

EDIT: Yes' some pretty poor descriptions and cross-terminology from Inno which only add to the confusion.

DeletedUser

Sorry Death, just said pretty much same as you, only slower. Agree completely with your previous comments.

DeletedUser

The inherent problem was that the HoF produced prestige when it shouldn't have, of which it wasn't advertised that it would, and neither was it communicated it would, an neither does the tooltip state this, however it was a known issue.

Surely the test server is used to find such 'issues' or is it just there for the sake of it?

DeletedUser13082

The production of power from HoF and the amount of power you have from sectors is used for your Guild Level, the power for your guild level is also derived from the daily bonus you receive.

Prestige is derived from sectors you own and the power they hold, this number is used for your Guild Rank, you also relieve a "prestige" bonus based on your rank.

How was it not advertised that it gives prestige? It gives power, power is what calculates the guilds rank (which is known as prestige). The HoF gives power, therefore the power it gives (due to the terrible game design here) should, in fact, go to the guild rank. Why did it go to the guild rank to begin with? Because it was supposed to, it was intentional! It was all planned from start to finish. It doesn't matter how much rubbish is thrown out claiming it's a bug and trying to twist people around so they can't see in a straight line, the facts are still there.

Power = prestige = rank. HoF gives power. So the power from HoF should, and was always supposed to, give rank points. It wasn't a bug, it was a scam. They knew exactly what they were doing when they implemented the HoF.

DeletedUser98465

Surely the test server is used to find such 'issues' or is it just there for the sake of it?

That was what I was trying to say with regards to known issue. Why they chose not to address it is anyone's guess. Maybe the forum feedback isn't a relatively strong enough source for them and they believe they know best ;)

How was it not advertised that it gives prestige? It gives power, power is what calculates the guilds rank (which is known as prestige). The HoF gives power, therefore the power it gives (due to the terrible game design here) should, in fact, go to the guild rank. Why did it go to the guild rank to begin? Because it was supposed to, it was intentional!

Back to the terminology again, did it categorically state "Prestige", no. But that's what it did. People are getting caught up on assumption and poor wording from Inno.

DeletedUser

I have nothing else to say here. For once, I actually feel sorry for Inno, now that I see what they have to deal with day in and day out.

DeletedUser

Yes DoubleDecker, it seems a lot of these so called issues (especially the blatantly obvious ones) make it onto the 'live' servers. I would just suggest that they take more time instead of rushing things like GvG, i think we got 2 days notice before that arrived and it was quite frankly bug ridden. Don't get me wrong some of the items and events they introduce are rather good. Just done a little too quickly.

DeletedUser13082

Back to the terminology again, did it categorically state "Prestige", no. But that's what it did. People are getting caught up on assumption and poor wording from Inno.

Does a sector "categorically state "prestige""? no. But that's what it does. People are getting caught up on assumption and poor wording from Inno. Sectors should not give rank points.

It works both ways :p