• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

DeletedUser7719

With our new max of 90%, when versing a ranged unit (paratrooper, sniper, etc.), the Mechanized Infantry only gets 4 more points in attack and looses 1 point in defense compared to the armored car. When using a sniper or paratrooper against a melee unit (bazooka, conscript, etc.), the sniper has 11 more points in attack and a whopping 51 more points in defense (more or less since we're not considering the dugout of the bazooka, the range of snipers, or if their using trees or not).
With our current 150%, the mech infantry was better overall, paratroopers weren't as bad, but conscripts would be a bit more useful against long range units (it literally came down to it's range though).

DeletedUser

I've had some time to think on the change, and I guess I've shifted my position on the subject. Originally I said I was ok with the change. But after thinking about it, I can't say I am okay with it.

When they introduced the change to ME GB good production, I accepted it because I could simply opt out of the change by not entering the modern era (I was at the end of the progressive era when the modern era was released; I remain at the end of the progressive era). This change, however, has a huge impact on my ability to play the game, and there's no way for me to "opt out" of this change. I have not managed to fully clear the ME map, and I'm not sure that I'll be able to because we were given so little warning that GvG is coming on the 19th.

In summary, whereas the goods GB change was something I could opt out of, this change is not.

DeletedUser4879

It lot is said about watchfires that they are bought!
I think that is incorrect in my case as all 30 I've got
in my city are from last years Easter quest!!
Remember all those eastereggs we collected and
gave to friends!? I had that feeling at the time to
cash mine into Watchfires instead of some other
useless stuff on offer at the time!!
Looks like I was right and others where not if I
remember the negative comments at the time correctly!!

DeletedUser13805

It lot is said about watchfires that they are bought!
I think that is incorrect in my case as all 30 I've got
in my city are from last years Easter quest!!
Remember all those eastereggs we collected and
gave to friends!? I had that feeling at the time to
cash mine into Watchfires instead of some other
useless stuff on offer at the time!!
Looks like I was right and others where not if I
remember the negative comments at the time correctly!!

looks like you was right well done with your choice and you can bet there is going to be a stampede for watchfires at the next easter event and after it i bet they then nerf the watchfires : )
this is all guess work of course but given whats just happend with the castles on 2 occasions i think its only a matter of time before they will have to change them

DeletedUser96901

everything will get nerfed
like wishing wells other people took at the easter event 2013

and I would still take 1 wishing wells instead of 20 watchfire :rolleyes:

DeletedUser15432

Well, earlier in the thread it was mentioned the secondary bonuses of great buildings affected would be adjusted to compensate for the loss of the military bonuses

Zues - no secondary bonus so should have remained at 50%
Aachen - coins level 10 increased to nearly 19000
Del Monte - no increase in forge points - so building is degraded
St Basils - no increase in the number of goods given - building degraded
Deal - medals level 1 increased from 22 to 26 or 18.2%, so building degraded

DeletedUser

I am loooving this new change. I sent in an army of 51% boosted tanks, conscripts and snipers, against 18%/42% boosted paratroopers/mech infantry/bazookas/mech artillery

Results: 4 dead units, 2 injured units. How the heck am I supposed to PvP any more??

DeletedUser4089

I am loooving this new change. I sent in an army of 51% boosted tanks, conscripts and snipers, against 18%/42% boosted paratroopers/mech infantry/bazookas/mech artillery

Results: 4 dead units, 2 injured units. How the heck am I supposed to PvP any more??

If you click on the barracks you can recruit new units to replace the old ones. Damaged units will also heal over time.

DeletedUser7719

lol, your acting like we can easily find our attached units to battle :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

If you click on the barracks you can recruit new units to replace the old ones. Damaged units will also heal over time.

Thanks. Now I know. I can recruit one unit every 4 hours from each of my 4 military buildings. If I lose 4 units per fight, that means I can complete 5-6 battles per day now. Glad we clarified that.

DeletedUser8813

your not they set out to kill pvp ..and force everyone to GVG..

DeletedUser

I'm stuck in a neighborhood of players in the Modern Era, while I'm in the progressive era. Before, I was able to successfully attack the weaker players with 0-2 losses per battle (depending on their defense bonus). Now, against one of the easiest neighbors to beat, I lose half my army on manual battle.

You can bet I'll be camping goods from the neighbors I beat now.

DeletedUser

Shame on you Innogames and apologetic staff. You've just ruined several months of playing this game. Shame.

DeletedUser13805

so far i have done half my hood run
i have lost 15 troops, got murdered in one battle, had to run away from 1 battle and its taken me over an hour extra to do just half my hood and in the next half i face a lot more high boosted defenses so i expect even more losses : ( i guess its going to be the same for everyone as i have max att def boost so i really dont know how weaker players are going to keep playing it ? there are only 2 defenses with spear defenses in my hood so the lower players will have to make do with them i guess ?

is the ai attacking differently ? as i notice when going up against 6 or more mech arts they normaly attacked by trying to hit the next troops of mine to weaken it and now they seem on targeting one unit and killing it : ( i could of sworn it never did that before ?

DeletedUser100756

I loved this game before this update... Now Im sorry for every single € I spend on this game... Inno you took out the fun in this one of the best(before today) war games ever!

DeletedUser276

This is the discussion thread not the feed back thread. Please keep feedback in the proper thread.

DeletedUser1556

This new GB set up has totally killed PvP which as said before is what is was suppose to do which sucks. I spent time and money getting my chosen GB'a Aachen Zues and Monte up to max bonus only to find you changed the whole game play in 1 fell swope. What a bunch of no brains must in charge of development in this game as it has killed my interest in it. What was the point in striving to have the 3 att gb's at max then have it made pointless . You really have scunnered me with the whole game. I dont think I will carry on with the game.

Diziet

DeletedUser3315

I am told this needs to be in this thread (although its clearly regarding something not about the balancing changes)

So - obviously today my Zeus gets nerfed from 25% down to 15% - i then go to Natsuisha (ME campaign map ME PVP tower sector) which before the nerf the NPC defending army was boosted 50% defense and attack to find that now the NPC army has a 50% attack bonus AND a 100% DEFENCE BONUS ?!

Really - i mean this was hard enough to beat with 25% boost vs 50% boost but this is almost impossible now.

Just to check i was not seeing things i then went to Santa Catalina (Mexico heavy boosted section). And the defending NPC armies there previously had 110% att and def boost. They now have 110% attack boost and 220% DEFENCE BOOST ?!

How on earth am i supposed to beat that with my lowly 15% (now) att and def boost - even if i had all GB's maxed i would only have 90% att and def boost.

Maybe this should have been posted in bugs as this surely cannot have been deliberate?