• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Event on Forge of Empires: discussion

DeletedUser

Doesn't it say in the objective?
Apart from that.. I don't understand how that can get any clearer than it is?

DeletedUser

Today's Xmas quest to spend 18 Forge Points is bugged. I logged in this morning and spent the overnight 10 points. Then applied points normally as they accumulated. The counter has reset to zero with less than 18 hours available.

This seems to have happened to at least one other in guild.

Advice currently is "press accept ASAP". Just to point out. This is the penultimate day for this mission line. The accept feature has not been necessary in previous missions, many a time I've logged in and collected goods or w/e and pressed complete.

Shoddy scripting FoE! :) Fix IT NAO! :))

EDIT: The original quest (without accept) accumulated the 10 points instantly, then applied the 11th point when the 11th point was applied to Dinnot's Great Building, returning to apply the 12th point to Dinnot's Great Building I received the error message "An error has occurred, please try again later" <-- It was at this exact time the counter reset to zero, and the button on the quest defaulted to OK instead of Accept.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Actually, as far as I know there has not been a single bug throughout the whole winter quest. And this is definitely not the first that needed accepting.

Always make sure the quest is accepting before spending anything to complete it.

DeletedUser

I'll wish you the best of luck when you go to full release. Deleting the Village (was going to cash £16.49 for St. Marks but you are atrocious).

DeletedUser

Hey Eystteinn, welcome to the Forums. :)

To be honest, I don't really see how Bartimaeus46 is being atrocious.
He is merely explaining what your problem most likely is, as it has been the same problem for a lot of other players whom simply forgot to specifically click on "Accept".

The Winter Event quests automatically appear each day, but are not automatically accepted.
Sometimes it shows a small amount of progression if you have not Accepted yet, but keeps resetting the quest, until you do.

Anyway, I hope you'll have a merry christmas despite this hiccup. :)

- L

DeletedUser

Advice currently is "press accept ASAP". Just to point out. This is the penultimate day for this mission line. The accept feature has not been necessary in previous missions, many a time I've logged in and collected goods or w/e and pressed complete.

Actually, it's not the penultimate day. You have until January 6th to complete the whole quest line :)

DeletedUser11375

Really regretting aborting the delete 3 units quest on my 1st day. That confectionery looks tasty:rolleyes:

DeletedUser11375

i guess i will never know!:( but i think it will be a high efficiency supplies production building

DeletedUser

i guess i will never know!:( but i think it will be a high efficiency supplies production building

You'll just have to hope that there is a "Day 25" bonus quest so that you can get the reward even if you have skipped one.

DeletedUser

Indeed the name and it`s shape does look like a supply building and I guess the production will depend on the age of each player in particular.
Too bad you can only build one of those.

DeletedUser9815

Really regretting aborting the delete 3 units quest on my 1st day. That confectionery looks tasty:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:Doe, lol...of all the quest's to skip, event days are not one, the cultural buildings are classic! :D

DeletedUser11375

:rolleyes:Doe, lol...of all the quest's to skip, event days are not one, the cultural buildings are classic! :D
completely agree, it was just unlucky timing on my part.I think this quest came to me when i had just built my 1st spear barracks and i had 4 or 5 spears at most with the 2 freebies. At that time, this quest would have cost me over half my army lol

DeletedUser

I just completed quest 22 and got the reward a potrait of samantha.. but where do i find it ?? I have nothing in my inventory.

DeletedUser6065

You'll just have to hope that there is a "Day 25" bonus quest so that you can get the reward even if you have skipped one.

C'mon Frosty, have a heart here. It will make up for that stupid plunder quest.
MAYBE Santa will bring you something too!

DeletedUser

Frosty's actually warned explicitly and more than once to not skip the quests or you'll miss out on rewards.
Anyway, the quest asks you to complete 24 quests in total.
Considering you can finish quests til the 6th of January, I'd wait and see if there may be more quests coming after the 24th, which will allow you to complete that objective anyway. ;)

- L

DeletedUser

Now that would be a welcome xmas present!

C'mon Frosty, have a heart here. It will make up for that stupid plunder quest.
MAYBE Santa will bring you something too!

Surprise, surprise... Frosty is now asking me to finish the "winter bonus quest" to get another reward (having just completed all 24 of the other quests).

Looks like there will be a 25th quest... so you might be in luck.