• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Event on Forge of Empires: discussion

DeletedUser

well if I had to guess, I reckon it will be on new years eve. No clue as to what the quest will entail though.

DeletedUser

well if I had to guess, I reckon it will be on new years eve. No clue as to what the quest will entail though.

They did say "(Don't forget to login in the new year)" on the announcement page =D So maybe New Years Day?

DeletedUser7137

What's with the "special winter Premium bonus"? Is this the 25th bonus quest? If it is, well, non-diamond users would sure 'love' it.

DeletedUser

Have I read the notice announced tonight right,

You need to buy diamonds to continue with the winter quest.

DeletedUser

It's says the 25th bonus quest is to buy premium diamonds with a 10% discount or increase in number of diamonds purchased not sure which it was.

Purchase time was 0001-2359 starting tonight to complete the task.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's says the 25th bonus quest is to buy premium diamonds with a 10% discount or increase in number of diamonds purchased not sure which it was.

Purchase time was 0001-2359 starting tonight to complete the task.

No, this is in fact not the quest, it is merely a bonus offer if you should buy diamonds. :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser7719

That's your opinion, lots of people enjoy the quests. ;)
(most of them aren't here, because they've got nothing to complain about :p)

- L
I enjoy the rewards which is enjoying the (outcome of the) quest (hence the second post in this thread)

DeletedUser

Like Mutzena said, it's not a quest. It nowhere says it's a quest.
It is simply a Winter Event bonus in which you get +10% diamonds, should you decide to buy diamonds in that 24hr window.

@Byeordie, I was referring to your spoiler in which you outed a less enthusiastic statement.

- L

DeletedUser

So does anyone actually know what the bonus quest is or when it starts?
It's been pretty annoying having to keep logging on on christmas day only to find there is no quest.
I find this bonus quest quite misleading and i am not happy about this.

DeletedUser

Hey matz316,

Sorry to hear that, but there is no quest for the 25th.
Today is a day meant for spending time with family/friends/loved ones, not questing. :)
The objective tracker merely states there is 1 more quest coming, it doesn't specify when.
Just know you have until the 6th of January to finish these quests, so it has to be before that. :)

- L

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11317

awh man i thought the last quest was going to be just before midnight, good thing i checked the forums or i wouldn't be able to sleep ;p

DeletedUser8119

Long answer...

Confectionary - 4x2 production building.
  • BA - requires 25 population, gives 84 Supplies per hour
  • IA - requires 46 Population (thanks to IFlip92), gives 200 Supplies per hour
  • EMA - requires 69 Population, gives 320 Supplies per hour (thanks to StygianOni)
  • HMA - requires 90 Population (thanks to NimaV), gives 490 Supplies per hour
  • LMA - requires 110 Population, gives 620 Supplies per hour
  • CA - requires 130 Population, gives 790 Supplies per hour

Not quite true, but near enough for most people... the age of the building is set when you ACCEPT the quest (not when you complete it) - for most people there is no difference but if, for example, you accept the quest in EMA and then go to HMA before completing the quest then you will get an EMA building and not an HMA one. This happened to one of my guild mates with the nutcracker.
Yeah, I waited until now to unlock the confectionary because I just made it to LMA but it's only HMA, which is lame.

DeletedUser

It appears that I might have skipped one of the quests (:() and now I'm stuck at 21/22 for the samantha portrait reward. How can I cancel this one? There is no abort button. Thanks.

DeletedUser4089

You rejected 2 quests, and aborted another. You will be stuck at 21/22 until the 25th quest is released.
You can't abort or cancel the xx/15, xx/22 or xx/24 quests, they will update if you complete them, otherwise they will disappear on the 6th Jan,

DeletedUser

... the age of the building is set when you ACCEPT the quest (not when you complete it) - for most people there is no difference but if, for example, you accept the quest in EMA and then go to HMA before completing the quest then you will get an EMA building and not an HMA one. This happened to one of my guild mates with the nutcracker.

Is there an official statement to back up your words? I just had this problem with the Confectionary and I'm considering it to be a bug, as I'm in the Colonial Age and after building this facility it says it belongs to LMA...