• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Wildlife Event 2024 Feedback Thread

Vesiger

Monarch
Well, with another Event soon to come to an end - having gone through this thread and laughing at all the whiners crying that the Event building would be impossible - as usual, it is very much obtainable without using a single diamond (as it usually is). I am surprised so far to find my secondary city has even been able to get the fully levelled building and if nothing messes up, should make top 5% in both worlds - not very common to make that goal, but to currently be 140k above the current 5% threshold, I am astounded. Wonder how many whiners (new vs returning) on the next Event that will be claiming after only a couple days how impossible it will be to get that Event Building.
I have been squarely in the middle of Apprentice league throughout, but discovered that I had apparently obtained all the Flamingo Habitat upgrades without even realising (I still have a couple of days and a lot of tools left). I am not sure whether my various attempts to do the Rival challenge assisted in this or made it harder!
There did seem to be fewer boards with zero Paws this time, although there were definitely some where none appeared until only a handful of turns were left...

Zontan

Private
Getting the Flamingo Habitat fully levelled for free is possible but it should not be overlooked that the number of paws required per ticket is higher than last year - 3.9 (or 3.6) compared to 3.11 paws per ticket

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
Getting the Flamingo Habitat fully levelled for free is possible but it should not be overlooked that the number of paws required per ticket is higher than last year - 3.9 (or 3.6) compared to 3.11 paws per ticket
and the event is longer this year so should balance out

suethegreat

Captain
As usual with your false comments - NO, it did not 'require' diamonds. There may have been instances where a player might have felt like they needed to spend diamonds - but required?? Absolutely not. I only played one Rival on each world (as I detested the idea of having a sub-game created to alter and expect me to play the game differently that I wanted to) - and as someone else mentioned at some point, the only real secret was that you could/should not have spent any of your Event currency or used any of the tools outside of the Rival game. Whether diamonds might be needed to play all 3 rounds of Rivals, I cannot say (since I did not experience it) - but to make a blank, false statement saying that diamonds are required - shows nothing but your false claims (which goes hand in hand with the amount of complaining that you, Sue, also make all the time)
This is a feedback thread and given you dont play the game to the full you cant judge those that do. Playing 4 cities and 2 Rivals per city needs diamonds but of course you dont have to do it, You dont have to play nor be engaged and give feedback. For once i didnt mind the spend with 5k+diamonds and seeking to reduce my cities it was a good way to get rid of them. Lockdown is long over and the 'game' changes come at a good time.Happy Forging!

Zontan

Private
and the event is longer this year so should balance out
The figures are based on the number of tickets during the event so already take into account the event being longer. The threshold for the full event building is higher this year compared to last (450 paws vs 280 paws).

For free we can get around 115 tickets (which is what the 3.9 paws per ticket is based on) plus the 3 golden tickets (which is what the 3.6 paws per ticket is based on). Last year it was 90 tickets which is what the 3.11 paws per ticket figure is based on.

The event has been nerfed from last year.

Like the boiling frog metaphor, looks like the strategy of changing a few things and nerfing a bit, hoping the playerbase doesn't notice is working.

Agent327

Overlord
This is a feedback thread and given you dont play the game to the full you cant judge those that do.

Strange thing to say. If he can not judge others because this is feedback why can you judge him. He did play in full. He just did the Rivals only once and still got the main prize, without using diamonds, so who are you to judge him if you couldn't?

Byakuren

Private
I think that this event was terrible. I hated the minigame (which seems to be the most popular for some reason) and I hated the addition of timed quests from rival, which were probably only doable for p2w players. I completed the daily quests and I used almost all free tickets and yet I was not able to get the fully upgrade event building. In the previous events I was usually able to not only fully upgrade it, but also have a few leftover upgrade kits. This event I ended up with lvl 7. Overall I hated every minute of it and I was looking forward to not having to participate in it once it's over.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I think that this event was terrible. I hated the minigame (which seems to be the most popular for some reason) and I hated the addition of timed quests from rival, which were probably only doable for p2w players. I completed the daily quests and I used almost all free tickets and yet I was not able to get the fully upgrade event building. In the previous events I was usually able to not only fully upgrade it, but also have a few leftover upgrade kits. This event I ended up with lvl 7. Overall I hated every minute of it and I was looking forward to not having to participate in it once it's over.
Getting the levelled Event Building is like most other Events - as a player, you have to choose whether to go for Daily prizes, or the Event Building - not both. I agree with the dislike for the minigame and that stupid Rival mess, but even so, you should have gotten the Event Building - as long as you had the time to put into it (and this particular Event/game requires much more time involvement than most others). for myself, no use of the Golden Tickets, and still have fully levelled plus a couple additional Upgrades on both worlds. If I did not dislike Rivals so much, maybe it would have possible to have gotten a 2nd fully levelled Event Building.

Piet1963

Private
What is the difference between a golden ticket and a normal ticket? My golden tickets only had a golden colour and a timer on. After 25 moves I had to use tokens to carry on ? Previous event the golden ticket had no cap on moves while timer was running.

Emberguard

Legend
What is the difference between a golden ticket and a normal ticket? My golden tickets only had a golden colour and a timer on. After 25 moves I had to use tokens to carry on ? Previous event the golden ticket had no cap on moves while timer was running.

Golden ticket = unlimited uses for 5 minutes
Normal ticket = single use

It doesn't change the amount of moves during the mini game. It just allows you to start a new round without consuming additional tickets

suethegreat

Captain
Strange thing to say. If he can not judge others because this is feedback why can you judge him. He did play in full. He just did the Rivals only once and still got the main prize, without using diamonds, so who are you to judge him if you couldn't?
of course i got fully levelled event builds in 3 cities and one short in a well only small city where i didnt even play the rush or daily challenges or some daily quests if they involved supplies as had deleted them lol so go figure (no mega diamond spend either)... Feedback if not glowing is not moaning but a hope it is taken on board for next time. You often dont realise if you have a fully levelled build until the very end as your ranking can get pushed down at last knockings as the goalposts move. Yes you could manage a fully levelled build without diamonds but doing all the Rivals and managing to get so close to the 3 golden tickets the use of diamonds came with the territory. The paws were luck as midway you were lucky to see 2 or 3 per board whereas last night i had 6 a one stage and no free means left to get them and as not close enough to the 25 it was pointless.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
of course i got fully levelled event builds in 3 cities and one short in a well only small city where i didnt even play the rush or daily challenges or some daily quests if they involved supplies as had deleted them lol so go figure (no mega diamond spend either)... Feedback if not glowing is not moaning but a hope it is taken on board for next time. You often dont realise if you have a fully levelled build until the very end as your ranking can get pushed down at last knockings as the goalposts move. Yes you could manage a fully levelled build without diamonds but doing all the Rivals and managing to get so close to the 3 golden tickets the use of diamonds came with the territory. The paws were luck as midway you were lucky to see 2 or 3 per board whereas last night i had 6 a one stage and no free means left to get them and as not close enough to the 25 it was pointless.
No means to get them? You could spent a small amount of diamonds to purchase an extra ticket or 3 or so and would have gotten it. Just because you choose to not spend a few diamonds to get the final upgrade is purely a choice you made - not a problem with the game. Do not whine and cry just because you were too cheap and made a bad decision that was completely within your sphere of choice to make.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
My final results:
1) In my main city I got to 507/550 for free, then bought 10 tickets and needed to use 8 of them to get to 550 (for the Golden Animal Crossing upgrade). I got barely any paws from the last two tickets.
2) In my second city I got to 538/550 for free, then bought 4 tickets and had to use all four to get to 550

In both I got 100 Fragments for the Silver Upgrade and NO Fragments for the Golden upgrade. I also finished in Bronze (or whatever it was called).

In both cities I played the same way and did not do the Rival quests. All three times I did the first quest, since it gave a ticket, and then ignored the rest of the Rival quests.

So why 31 points of difference between the two cities? Luck, that's why. In my second city I had overall better boards – more paws on the board and more tiles to pop. That's one whole grand prize (25 points) and then some – THAT'S how much of a difference dumb luck makes. I really hate having to rely on luck.

Was it possible to get the Flamingo Habitat to level 11 for free? Sure. Was it possible to go beyond that? Not really, unless you got really lucky.

In the end I did not enjoy this event. At times it felt more like a side job than something I do for fun.

Philodus

Corporal
My final results:
1) In my main city I got to 507/550 for free, then bought 10 tickets and needed to use 8 of them to get to 550 (for the Golden Animal Crossing upgrade). I got barely any paws from the last two tickets.
2) In my second city I got to 538/550 for free, then bought 4 tickets and had to use all four to get to 550

In both I got 100 Fragments for the Silver Upgrade and NO Fragments for the Golden upgrade. I also finished in Bronze (or whatever it was called).

In both cities I played the same way and did not do the Rival quests. All three times I did the first quest, since it gave a ticket, and then ignored the rest of the Rival quests.

So why 31 points of difference between the two cities? Luck, that's why. In my second city I had overall better boards – more paws on the board and more tiles to pop. That's one whole grand prize (25 points) and then some – THAT'S how much of a difference dumb luck makes. I really hate having to rely on luck.

Was it possible to get the Flamingo Habitat to level 11 for free? Sure. Was it possible to go beyond that? Not really, unless you got really lucky.

In the end I did not enjoy this event. At times it felt more like a side job than something I do for fun.
I think it is meant to end around those numbers. 505 and 538 looks quite neatly balanced rather than having 500 and 600. In GBG goods sometimes look more precious than diamonds, I once got 90 diamonds for around 100 fights but 0 goods.

As this was a game of chances, it is impossible to land on an exact number for all players.

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
No means to get them? You could spent a small amount of diamonds to purchase an extra ticket or 3 or so and would have gotten it. Just because you choose to not spend a few diamonds to get the final upgrade is purely a choice you made - not a problem with the game. Do not whine and cry just because you were too cheap and made a bad decision that was completely within your sphere of choice to make.
ok i will slowly explain so you understand. My comment re 6 paws and no means to get them meant i had used all my tools and extra go coins. Yes i could spend diamonds to get them but using my brain i had just collected a 25 paw reward and no way was i close to another 25 and a stupid diamond spend for nothing as the game had only a couple of hours left to run was not happening. I spent approx 3k diamonds as it was doing 4 cities and the Rivals fully in each for as far as possible. My diamonds however are not there just to be admired but to help in the game and as reducing to 2 cities now (a mine and main) I was glad to get rid of some. I find it strange to call another player cheap when you didn't even do all the Rivals quests so have no idea as to costings. My only bad decision is wasting time with trolls lol.

Agent327

Overlord
no but in some events you do in which case you often don't know until after the event.

You can count, can't you? At the start of the event you can see how many levels the building has. How many upgrades you get and where you will get them. There is no surprise after the event.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Overall, I though the nerfs to this event from last year were for the best part well structured and thought out, for once I actually enjoyed this event, and although the main buildings were disappointing for me personally but reasonable given some of the overly powerful building in events of late, there was good secondary buildings available to grab, there were a few minor bugs and small errors but they did not detract from it being a good event. I give this a resounding 8/10 this year