• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why future events should NOT be like the Summer Event

DeletedUser4800

I hate the weird small prizes like 15k gold and production. I mean it would be okay if it was 50k gold and production on all of those, so that they are not as useless, the things that I really like is the 200 diamonds prize, but its extremely hard to get. That was basically the best prize, all other were meh.

I guess I've got mixed results and I'm not really pleased about the awards, although it was technically better than last events.

DeletedUser

The Summer Event is absolutely great, prizes are generous and everyone can get what he wants. I would say this is the best event ever, both in terms of prizes and setup (although Easter Event was great also).

However, I think that complaints about scouting quests are partially valid. There are 2 "Scout a province" and 1 "Acquire a province" quests in this questline. Some players may need to acquire 3 provinces to finish it, which may take too long or to be very expensive in terms of goods. Maybe players should have possibility to skip quests.

Also, the merging of hoods is postponed till the end of the event. This may be very bad for new players. Most of the players who register in the game never actually play it. Without merging, new hoods shrink to very small size in two weeks. For instance, my hood on E (recommended world) has now only 11 players. Small hoods make many quests much more complicated, especially for newcomers. Say, in my hood quest "Polish 25 buildings" would take 3 days if a player doesn't know about friends/guilds/other ways to polish (and new players probably don't know). Also, players in small hoods will receive less medals and the whole event is not so exciting because the wheel can stay unchanged for days.
I like the idea of cooperation within hoods during events very much, but presence of very small/inactive hoods ruin it for many players.

These are minor issues (for me :)) that don't change the general impression from this great event.

DeletedUser7719

Maybe players should have possibility to skip quests.
That's something I would like to see. Even if it means you can't gain the ticket back, at least now you aren't stuck on one quest for the rest of the event (even though in 3 weeks time, it should be possible to get through all of them, in any situation IMO).
Also, the merging of hoods is postponed till the end of the event. This may be very bad for new players. Most of the players who register in the game never actually play it. Without merging, new hoods shrink to very small size in two weeks. For instance, my hood on E (recommended world) has now only 11 players. Small hoods make many quests much more complicated, especially for newcomers. Say, in my hood quest "Polish 25 buildings" would take 3 days if a player doesn't know about friends/guilds/other ways to polish (and new players probably don't know). Also, players in small hoods will receive less medals and the whole event is not so exciting because the wheel can stay unchanged for days.
I like the idea of cooperation within hoods during events very much, but presence of very small/inactive hoods ruin it for many players.
Hmmm... maybe now that hoods are merge by chunks, what's the point of "removing" players from the hood? I still want the to mark a player if he is inactive, but now I don't (and never really did) see a point in "removing" them from the hood.

DeletedUser17245

I have had 2 wells since the Easter event and never gotten diamonds.... saying they are overpowered or even worth the space is a stretch
they dont give only diamonds, you get medals suplyes coins even forge points and its only 3x3 space so yes they r uber overpowered!

DeletedUser7719

they dont give only diamonds, you get medals suplyes coins even forge points and its only 3x3 space so yes they r uber overpowered!
They feel like a normal special event building to me (including that it cost about 2 weeks of egging)

DeletedUser3157

It has it's uses for some players, but it's not even close to overpowered. There's some real overpowered stuff on the wheel though, but I think we will see more about it once the event is over, I think ppl don't wanna show their hands yet.

DeletedUser17245

diamonds-expansions
zepelins-well no more need to say here
wishing wells-i said about that
rogue hideouts-more army small space

byeordie- whats is this egging what you talkin about?

DeletedUser7719

Sorry, I was think about the Easter Event during that post, but when you think about it, you can gain about 4 - 8 Wishing Wells if you plan it right during this event. It's not very useful and wastes a bit of space Motivated Kings give more coins (and they're a 2x2) and a 1-Day production of the Confectionaries gives more supplies (without motivation), so the only use of them would be their goods and medals output. They are of some use in other places though...

DeletedUser276

The wishing wells are far from over powered they have like 1% chance of getting diamonds so its a very rare occurrence. As for there being small prizes... thats why you have to use strategy. Wait till the wheel is in your favor for great prizes before you use your tickets. Though if your greedy and use your tickets when there is only a couple of good prizes chances are you wont get much.

DeletedUser

The only reason why next event should NOT be like the Summer Event is it because this event had very easy quests..
Rewards are so good for this easy quests. I got about 2000 diamonds (just in 1 world playing) , for one non-diamond player that is a lot !
Hope next event will have much much harder .

DeletedUser276

only if you handle the complaints that things were too hard :P

In fact this one has a few complaints if you read the threads in the forum of them being too hard. Some are even giving suggestions to make them easier for next time ;)

DeletedUser

Good strategy is important for this game. It was easy to get good rewards, but people are greedy and spend tickets for most useless things.
If you make easier event , let it be shorter with less premium rewards or game will be unbalanced with one more event like this one.
Give us more challenge . :)

DeletedUser

Listen to all you cry babies babling about the event and the game like i said before dont play if it bothers u and i hope they do this event again and others like it just to annoy all you cry babies at the end of the day i think the game is fantastic

DeletedUser

oh yeah, and the wheel lands on small coin cache or small something else every spin...

DeletedUser

ive had loads of good prizes and loads of not so gd prizes my friend has had nothing but small coins but does she complain no so get on with it folk and stop ur whining.....

DeletedUser13805

my only complaint is now they have given away buildings that many had to pay for ( including me )is there any chance we can have some money back please ?
i suspect the answer is not a chance and if you dont like it then quit the game ? and go and play somewere else as we have taken your money so go away :)

DeletedUser

my only complaint is now they have given away buildings that many had to pay for ( including me )is there any chance we can have some money back please ?
i suspect the answer is not a chance and if you dont like it then quit the game ? and go and play somewere else as we have taken your money so go away :)

So get some of those yourself and get some free buildings. :P

DeletedUser

Does anyone come to you and say how you must buy diamonds ?? No , I don't thing so .
FoE is one of many free browser games ... so who care about you guys who spending a lot of money on free browser game ?
Like I said, event was with easy quests and good rewards. In future give us some more challenge . ;)
Cheers.

DeletedUser17245

i dont agree with a fact that those quest was easy, quest was good, some easy some hard, i doubt they can be harder unles you mean quest as produce 2 days goods production:) xD
but as blacksmiths said ppl was just to greedy but than they should give so much premium stuff, i myself got alot premium buildings.
first quest was collect 2000 suplyes and 2000 coin, its easy for high lvl player but its hard for a beginer in bronze age
scout a province, its easy for beginer and its hard for high lvl player, those 2 examples just say that quests was very balanced.

DeletedUser13805

Does anyone come to you and say how you must buy diamonds ?? No , I don't thing so .
FoE is one of many free browser games ... so who care about you guys who spending a lot of money on free browser game ?
Like I said, event was with easy quests and good rewards. In future give us some more challenge . ;)
Cheers.
yes its a free game but it needs support and to make money. if we were all free loaders then you wouldnt have a game that is free for the hangers on who just get everything for free