• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why future events should NOT be like the Summer Event

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Well just thought i should add my 2 cents worth in this topic ...this game was supposed to be strategy and skill based when it started out a year back ...Of course even at that time using diamonds would get u an easy way out of these both (strategy and skills) and then came the GBs which furthermore hampered the skills part of the game ... All u got to do is get ur GBs boosted up to the maximum and then dont worry about how u attack whom u attack ...just press autobattle and finish the game ...LOL... and now this event is the last straw for throwing out all the strategy and skills required for this game ... It has become more a game of chance now ...No skills required no strategy required ... U dont need to build anything u dont need worry about the coins or supplies required u dont need to worry about the space needed ...just get everything from this wheel ..the game's becoming easier i guess ...and thats y i find a lot of people happy with this event ...people are happy for getting free diamonds... free units ... free buildings ...Free BPs ....LOL...everything is free in this ...and its far more cheaper now with just 120 diamonds to spend for each spin which of course u can win from the event itself ... SO where is the strategy and skill part that the game started of with ?? ... I find players who have just entered PE maybe 1 week back having snipers conscripts tanks in their defense ...whereas once upon a time we had to get such high powered units only with great difficulty and strategy - finishing the researches collecting the resources finding a suitable space to place the building ...LOL....now nothing of all those is need...I m sure there will be more events like this in future as they cannot go back to the old type of events anymore as this event has already set a very high bar for future events to come ...

Well dont get me wrong here guys ...I m not against this event ....its a good one.... after all we do get a lot of free stuffs dont we?? :-)

DeletedUser7990

I disagree that it's all luck. I have 6 tickets. I look at the board and there are no diamond packages there, there is one thing I want, so I wait, I wait till someone refreshes the prizes and then I go. If you look at the way the prizes are being given out you can see perhaps a pattern and make a judgement call on when to spin the wheel.

You get random prizes, well you get random blue prints and so on. However if you want the blueprints for a certain building, you can go get them. I've done that, and I got the buildings I wanted.

if people think there is no strategy and skill involved then they are just a little deluded, sure, you might not be able to get what you want, but that's life, deal with it.

The reason they shouldn't have an event like the Summer event again, is because it is happening now. Variety is the best. A different twist on every different event. Free stuff, hell yeah.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
@Frigidweirdo : LOL waiting to get the FREE item u want is strategy and skill is it ?? ... ANd i was talking about getting stuff easily as many as u want.... not about not getting it ...I think u should read the post completely and understand what i m trying to say before replying to it buddy ... I m not against the event and i dont care also what happens in future events ... I was just saying what i felt about this event and by the way I am also enjoying the free stuffs it gives ...I was just saying that its making the game easier to play than it was before ...

DeletedUser7990

ddevil, yes, waiting is part of strategy. As for re-reading the post, sorry to beat down on your vanity, but I wasn't replying to a single post, i was replying to all the posts I have seen.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
if people think there is no strategy and skill involved then they are just a little deluded, sure, you might not be able to get what you want, but that's life, deal with it.

LOL...I dont think this line has to do with all the posts in here ... i was the 1 talking about skill and strategy and i dont know why u mentioned about not getting what we want in the same sentence if it was not meant for me ... I dont think anybody here has been complaining about not getting any stuff ...it was mainly about whether the event is good or bad for the game ...so i think then u need to read the whole thread starting from the OP all over again to understand what its all about ....

ddevil, yes, waiting is part of strategy.
LMAO .....

DeletedUser3157

Well just thought i should add my 2 cents worth in this topic ...this game was supposed to be strategy and skill based when it started out a year back ...Of course even at that time using diamonds would get u an easy way out of these both (strategy and skills) and then came the GBs which furthermore hampered the skills part of the game ... All u got to do is get ur GBs boosted up to the maximum and then dont worry about how u attack whom u attack ...just press autobattle and finish the game ...LOL... and now this event is the last straw for throwing out all the strategy and skills required for this game ... It has become more a game of chance now ...No skills required no strategy required ... U dont need to build anything u dont need worry about the coins or supplies required u dont need to worry about the space needed ...just get everything from this wheel ..the game's becoming easier i guess ...and thats y i find a lot of people happy with this event ...people are happy for getting free diamonds... free units ... free buildings ...Free BPs ....LOL...everything is free in this ...and its far more cheaper now with just 120 diamonds to spend for each spin which of course u can win from the event itself ... SO where is the strategy and skill part that the game started of with ?? ... I find players who have just entered PE maybe 1 week back having snipers conscripts tanks in their defense ...whereas once upon a time we had to get such high powered units only with great difficulty and strategy - finishing the researches collecting the resources finding a suitable space to place the building ...LOL....now nothing of all those is need...I m sure there will be more events like this in future as they cannot go back to the old type of events anymore as this event has already set a very high bar for future events to come ...

Well dont get me wrong here guys ...I m not against this event ....its a good one.... after all we do get a lot of free stuffs dont we?? :-)

You are thinking of "old times" being a bit better than they really were. You used to be able walk over the dumb AI with spears, then archers, then longbows and then the 1 gren 7 FG strat. Space since CA in general has actually gotten much tighter, last 3 ages they gave out way less expansions than in previous ones with the buildings getting also bigger. I'm actually playing some towns through the ages now again, and I see some nice balances they have made since I first completed them with main. Talking about "skill" in such easy game is a joke anyways, a 5 yearol can complete it doesn't matter if starting today or a year ago. I think you do got more options and choices right now though, more variebles in play among which you need to make best decisions.

DeletedUser17220

i do feel a bit strange to see some players have 6-8 wishing wells plus 3-4 zeppelins in their cities all of a sudden... so yes i agree the game has become easy for them because they have been lucky (or maybe they spent diamonds to spin the wheel..)

probably the number of special buildings like wishing wells or kings/queens in one player's city should have been limited... after all they are SPECIAL buildings.. having so many identical special buildings is just like having a row of identical GBs like Zeus statues or lighthouses isn't it?:(

Last edited by a moderator:

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
@ Hint u would be surprised to find how many were / are still struggling to finish the game ... Maybe u got such intelligent 5 year olds around u....but I know a lot of adults finding it difficult to finish the game ... the fighting did needed some tweaks during those old times and i think it was done few months back to an extent ... Most of the easy attacking was mainly because of the GB advantages ... I have played and finished till CA without even a single GB buddy and i know how difficult it was to attack at that time and now the current scenario its almost impossible to even finish the map without those GBs... Again I am saying this after trying to play in another world without GBs ... By the way lets not divert from the main topic on this thread ... its all got to do with the summer event only ....not about any discussions about the game as a whole ...and i think i was only talking about the event making the game easier for a lot of players ...

DeletedUser17245

i do feel a bit strange to see some players have 6-8 wishing wells plus 3-4 zeppelins in their cities all of a sudden... so yes i agree the game has become easy for them because they have been lucky (or maybe they spent diamonds to spin the wheel..)

probably the number of special buildings like wishing wells or kings/queens in one player's city should have been limited... after all they are SPECIAL buildings.. having so many identical special buildings is just like having a row of identical GBs like Zeus statues or lighthouses isn't it?:(
this one
with this one i must agree, havin 8 wishing wells makes this game prety much to easy, you can even delete now some bad gbs
with 5 cepelins well you dont even need anymore gbs which gives hapines

DeletedUser

wishing wells

With the random factor of WWell production, plus the fairly low output, I would hesitate to say they make the game "too easy". Sure, you can in get a rare diamond find, and fps are always nice, but they're hardly the best use of space with PE buildings available.

As for the Zepps, I figure it just levels the diamond/non-diamond field a bit. I saw plenty of players with Zeppelin/Deli/Art stacks prior to the event. It's nice to have a pair of my own. They'll fade over the ages, but the excitement of having premium buildings for the first time, definitely made me enjoy the event.

DeletedUser7990

LOL...I dont think this line has to do with all the posts in here ... i was the 1 talking about skill and strategy and i dont know why u mentioned about not getting what we want in the same sentence if it was not meant for me ... I dont think anybody here has been complaining about not getting any stuff ...it was mainly about whether the event is good or bad for the game ...so i think then u need to read the whole thread starting from the OP all over again to understand what its all about ....

LMAO .....

Like I said, I replied to the thread, including what you had written. That doesn't mean I was responding TO you, it means I was giving my opinion based on the negative views I have read. But hey, if you want to tell me what I think then fine.

DeletedUser10851

so many people saying its powerful and nice... and yet the creator of this thread says this event sucks :P

The events arent always the same. There are events that allow a breakout from the norm. This one was to help people get buildings that are gone and unique. Plus other rewards. I think its a great event. Though the easy answer is.... if you dont like the event. then dont play the event.

Yes it does suck and I agree with the original poster. I'll explain why.

Sorry to hear that this event did not impress some people.
Imho, this is the best event i have ever witnessed. It's true that the east event was great with those watch fires, wishing wells and rogue hide out etc... but what make this event so much interesting is, we were not knowing at that time of the old events how much special was those special buildings and which one to prefer than others. But now during this event, we can wait and grab almost the gist of all those previous events; just need to be patient for the right time to put your tickets in to the wheel :cool:

As an InGame Moderator, of course your opinion would be that this is the best event ever. How could it be otherwise?

For some of us, we can read between the lines and are very good at it. Here's how that goes.
We ask oursleves a couple of questions. First being, Why does the quest line have a stick point that a good number of players can get past and must turn to Diamonds?
Second: Did they not recently adjust the amount5 of Diamonds you get to a lowwer number claiming it was done due to expences?
Third: Ho9w do you put as many players as possible into a position of buying Diamonds?

This quest is the perfect answer. I like the the quest but hate it's format of getting tickets. Like many others I am suck on #3 of the quest line that wants you to "Scout a province" and not on 1 server but on 3. I either do not have the military might to get through the provinces I have now until I build which is still a long way off. Nor do I have the resources to negoiate my way through. Both would take me more time than what the event runs.

So here are my only options. Buy a ton of over priced Diamonds and:
1- Buy a ton of Diamonds, to be able to buy forge points and resources to speed my way through Reseach to get the buildings I need for an amry to get through my current provinces, to be able to scout and get back on the event quest line.
2- Buy a ton of Diamonds, to be able to buy forge points then resources to speed my way through Reseach to get the buildings for making resources to negotiate my way through those provinces, to be able to scout and get back on the event quest line.
3- Or, and I like this one, Buy a ton of Diamonds to Spin That Wheel....

I tip my hat to Inno for coming up with this one, well played. So for people like myself who will not spend, who are stuck because of quest, thank you for leaving us well behind the pack. We do know that you have the numbers of who has what where and who is able to work the quest line. I will buy Diamonds but in numbers much much less than I did before you over priced them. I, however, will not risk spending what I do have on the possibility of getting a female portrait that is valueless.

DeletedUser

I think you are mising option #4: Trade the goods necessary to negotiate the sectors you are talking about, As you mention being unable to defeat the provinces militarily, I have to assume those are the entry sectors of a new age/era. The resources required to conquer those are ALWAYS of an age lower than their own, so you should be quite capable of producing and trading them.

Unless you somehow managed to conquer a whole age of the map while still being in the previous age and the map is now two ages ahead of your development (in which case: kudos) - but which means you should be pretty much at the end of your current age and that should make it possible for you to speed ahead a little (without diamonds) to acquire a few units and goods of the age predating the one you are stuck in on the map.

Long story short: There's absolutely no situation I can envision that would make it impossible to solve that quest in THREE WEEKS time.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser276

But Anwar they want it all and they want it now. Of course living in an age of guides and walkthroughs for every game out there there isnt much patience left in children and adults these days. Working for 3 weeks for something is beyond most players capabilities. I mean... its actually work. So the only thought they think of is... hey we should buy diamonds to get us through this the fastest possible.

Hopefully though they will prove me wrong and throw it in my face. Cmon bring it :D Make it through and grab some screen caps and prove me wrong. Then point and laugh at my expense.

DeletedUser

agreed. this event has been a disappointment. i'm doing OK and the event isn't over yet but so far it's a headache.

i will admit that it's creative and the developers' hearts are in the right place but it's not fun. players feel like they're being cheated, no matter how "random" things are.

a player doesn't need to be showered with diamonds endlessly but i think he deserves some fairness. that's what we all got during all the other events. we played, we got the special event prizes and we were happy. too easy. this time it's almost the opposite.

again, i love the game. it's a great game. but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

DeletedUser

With the random factor of WWell production, plus the fairly low output, I would hesitate to say they make the game "too easy". Sure, you can in get a rare diamond find, and fps are always nice, but they're hardly the best use of space with PE buildings available.

As for the Zepps, I figure it just levels the diamond/non-diamond field a bit. I saw plenty of players with Zeppelin/Deli/Art stacks prior to the event. It's nice to have a pair of my own. They'll fade over the ages, but the excitement of having premium buildings for the first time, definitely made me enjoy the event.

I have had 2 wells since the Easter event and never gotten diamonds.... saying they are overpowered or even worth the space is a stretch

DeletedUser

Yes it does suck and I agree with the original poster. I'll explain why.

As an InGame Moderator, of course your opinion would be that this is the best event ever. How could it be otherwise?

For some of us, we can read between the lines and are very good at it. Here's how that goes.
We ask oursleves a couple of questions. First being, Why does the quest line have a stick point that a good number of players can get past and must turn to Diamonds?
Second: Did they not recently adjust the amount5 of Diamonds you get to a lowwer number claiming it was done due to expences?
Third: Ho9w do you put as many players as possible into a position of buying Diamonds?

This quest is the perfect answer. I like the the quest but hate it's format of getting tickets. Like many others I am suck on #3 of the quest line that wants you to "Scout a province" and not on 1 server but on 3. I either do not have the military might to get through the provinces I have now until I build which is still a long way off. Nor do I have the resources to negoiate my way through. Both would take me more time than what the event runs.

So here are my only options. Buy a ton of over priced Diamonds and:
1- Buy a ton of Diamonds, to be able to buy forge points and resources to speed my way through Reseach to get the buildings I need for an amry to get through my current provinces, to be able to scout and get back on the event quest line.
2- Buy a ton of Diamonds, to be able to buy forge points then resources to speed my way through Reseach to get the buildings for making resources to negotiate my way through those provinces, to be able to scout and get back on the event quest line.
3- Or, and I like this one, Buy a ton of Diamonds to Spin That Wheel....

I tip my hat to Inno for coming up with this one, well played. So for people like myself who will not spend, who are stuck because of quest, thank you for leaving us well behind the pack. We do know that you have the numbers of who has what where and who is able to work the quest line. I will buy Diamonds but in numbers much much less than I did before you over priced them. I, however, will not risk spending what I do have on the possibility of getting a female portrait that is valueless.

Attacking the person who is making the argument rather than their argument is never a good or intelligent response. You can see many examples of this on this forum.

I will guess that maybe you are in PE map and have all IndA units? If you only have last territory to scout, but have scouted everything else, I can see this being a concern. I don't know how you would be in this situation on 3 servers though. I was in a situation where I would have had to buy diamonds to complete an event and didn't get much help on here, but I was able to track down one of the 3 or 4 people on the server who could give me the goods I needed to negotiate (houndsmoor did not have a lot of IndA players at the time). I was at end of IndA map and was only about halfway through CA so there was no way I could produce IndA goods in time to negotiate for the quest. My best suggestion would be find a guild with members who can loan you the trades or whatever. If you can provide a little more info I will try to give you some advice rather than call you a baby

DeletedUser

The scouting quest is a little unfair for sure, I had to take 3 provinces on one world. A decent guild will easily get you the goods you need though, as others have said. Overall it's a very generous event, I don't see how anyone can say it's a ploy to get players to spend money, since thousands of diamonds are being given out. Future events should definitely be like this one : )

DeletedUser

I activated my accounts on all 4 extra worlds that I do not play in on the US servers when the event started, have earned around 22-25 tickets for each one of those so far, and don't plan on using them once I am done as I just play on one world there.

So far I have only used the tickets on two of them and one still has 8 tickets and both still have a few event quests left so may get more diamonds as that's the only thing I want.

On one I had a wheel with a 200 diamond and 50 diamond prize and that one got me 700 diamonds and then later someone cleared almost the entire wheel after a refresh except 4 spots and I won another 200 diamonds there so a total of 900.

On the other it had the 200 diamond along with a two ticket spot and a avatar spot so I could only win that once and that one has gotten me 800 diamonds with 8 tickets still left on it.

With the other two hopefully if I can win at least another 1,200 diamonds I will be set for the next two ages for the diamond expansions as I was up to date with them except for one but have caught up because of this event.

On my main server I have gotten a couple watchfires and a rogue hideout and happy as that's the main thing I wanted but if you want everything then you need to work for it one way or another but storing up enough tickets at once is what you want to do if you want certain things.