• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Whats with all the massive lag recently?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Seems to honestly come and go, sometimes its terrible, but other times its like its always been perfect

DeletedUser113278

In
What reply do you expect? Are they supposed to confirm it? :rolleyes:

Was just expecting some kind of explanation why the game now runs like complete crap at times, thats all... these things don't just 'happen', something has been changed.... and its not INNO's interest for their game to have massive lag (at times).

EDIT: And before you make some smart ass comment about me not knowing what their interest is, forget it, Ive read plenty of your dumb ass posts on here before trying to defend INNO... I am just simply trying to get an answer for the massive lag thats been happening recently, yes its on and off, but when its on, cant even log in, is it a problem me just asking why? Mods are supposed to be representatives of the company... so come out and explain something please!

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Was just expecting some kind of explanation why the game now runs like complete crap at times, thats all... these things don't just 'happen', something has been changed.... and its not INNO's interest for their game to have massive lag (at times).
I haven't a clue why as far as anything current goes. Been a few reports but no specific cause found. Works fine on my devices

DeletedUser113278

I haven't a clue why as far as anything current goes. Been a few reports but no specific cause found. Works fine on my devices

Ok thankyou... are you in Australia?

EDIT: Cause things have been really bad here lag wise and its not my internet, everything else is working fine, just this game.

DeletedUser113278

Yes.

Edit:
Any particular part of the game or just everything?

Everything, at times cant even log in.

EDIT: Never had this problem before, its only started in the last week or so... otherwise all good... A mate told me to try Opera browers and I have and it seems better, but still, mobile has lots of problems.

DeletedUser113278

FoE is optimised for Firefox and Chrome. So worth giving those a shot if you haven't already

Do you use data or wifi for mobile?

My main browser is Mozilla and thats where I get massive lag, mobile (iphone wifi and data, have had big problems), but it comes and goes, its not all the time, otherwise I would have just quit completely out of frustration.... If you havent heard anything, then I guess it aint known... sometimes only when people stop playing the game does it become a 'known problem' and by then its too late.

Agent327

Overlord
My main browser is Mozilla and thats where I get massive lag, mobile (iphone wifi and data, have had big problems), but it comes and goes, its not all the time, otherwise I would have just quit completely out of frustration.... If you havent heard anything, then I guess it aint known... sometimes only when people stop playing the game does it become a 'known problem' and by then its too late.

They know about it. Advise given is to contact Support, so they can look into your situation.

I've also been having this problem with the pc for some time now. Hangs-up or freezes most of the time when trying to open up anything. I have to do all the aiding and visits on a tablet which is unaffected. Thought it might be the pc.

DeletedUser110131

Support will be familiar with typical issues for FoE. In the meantime, to tide folks over with unhelpful tech talk, here are some of my wild guesses:

It may be connected with the one significant, new feature, Battlegrounds. It requires more communication between client and server. Apart from being obvious that it must do so, I've also noticed some teething issues. If so, some techs at Inno is sure to be working on it already.

Australia has a famously temperamental Internet access. It's a mishmash of different technologies working (poorly) together, some of them prone to downtime and lag. There may be an issue with your carrier, dealing with problems between you and them, or, less likely, but possible, them and the wider World. A submarine cable provider experiencing issues could result in unpredictable routing through several continents, which would fluctuate. There are also a number of possible issues with your configuration. It may be anything from issues with your DNS (tends to come and go, and be specific to some sites) to your router (tends to be constant) and more. The gist of it is that it can be virtually anything, most of it having nothing to do with Inno. If others from Australia are experiencing the same lag, you may want to compare notes, especially on providers. You may also want to run some ping tests; there are sites that offer this. If anyone knows the geographic location of the physical .en servers, that would help with the ping tests. I could check, but, unfortunately, I'm lazy.

Short of that, you may need to have a chat with folks in OF; who knows, they may be tampering with Australia's submarine cables. Any enemy guilds consisting largely of OF players are natural suspects.

DeletedUser116762

its got nothing to do with Australia, the last time it happened, after I had tried clearing cache and trying different browsers and the app I asked on the guild I was in, a large number replied that that they where having major issues doing anything with it freezing etc.....people from Australia, new zealand US, UK South Africa and even when I sent a screen of the comments they still said it was just me and clear my cookies lmao, cant read or just look at thge topic and paste a pre written reply