• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #67 2018-08-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati2

Legend
It's a fair requirement to say Colonial Age and above for top guilds.

In GE your age determines how much guild power the guild receives from your participation. One IA fully completed 64/64 would be blown out of the water by Lvl 1 of a Oceanic Future player.

Sure, an IA contributes fewer points, but isn't that only an issue if the guild is a full 80-member guild, and thus could do better with a high-level player? If it's not full, then any amount of points is more than no points.

Emberguard

Legend
true, except for each member in your guild the cost to open lvl's increases

I have no problem with bringing in and growing younger players. After all they're less likely to experience burnout a short time after joining as they wouldn't have been playing for as long. But it is still a cost to the guild to do so and high era players would be far better equipped with more space to do anything the younger player can achieve

I find it a joy to watch players progress and love to help those worse off, but it has to be something the guild is prepared to take on. There are plenty of other guilds to cater to younger players, so it's ok for there to also be niche guilds of established players

Ati2

Legend
true, except for each member in your guild the cost to open lvl's increases

Isn't it a constant X goods per player fee, no matter how many members there are? More members mean more times that constant fee. But does that fee per member increase as well?

Emberguard

Legend
*shrug* don't know, but regardless it's still an increase of goods. A IA player isn't going to be able to produce goods for each of those levels. So they're still reliant on the guild for that. Doesn't bother me, but obviously some guilds don't want lower aged players

Ati2

Legend
*shrug* don't know, but regardless it's still an increase of goods. A IA player isn't going to be able to produce goods for each of those levels. So they're still reliant on the guild for that. Doesn't bother me, but obviously some guilds don't want lower aged players

This page: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Expeditions suggests that it's a fixed fee per player. If I understand this correctly, then adding 10 IA players will only increase the IA goods requirement. Am I misunderstanding this?

DeletedUser111866

Isn't it a constant X goods per player fee, no matter how many members there are? More members mean more times that constant fee. But does that fee per member increase as well?
Well, the X grows with era, and you can't manipulate guild treasury to convert say OF goods into EMA for example. No, fee per member doesn't increase, but the lack of low era goods can then stall the entire guild for a week should the only low era person not bother to check if his donations are required.

PS: Awww, I'm no pirate, I don't get dubloons. Ha ha.

DeletedUser99692

Hi folks, we have winnnnerrrrrrrrrrrssssss!! (Only 2 this week, so I thought I'd big it up a bit :D)

Congratulations go to Emberguard and Deep the Fried Potato,* both of whom posted at or within 2 minutes of the chosen time, which was

We will be in contact with you shortly about your Dubloons. A new thread will be started later today. Meanwhile please keep using this one

* No Zips, Zaps, or Zops were involved in the making of this post :)

Can the winners check their in game mail please for a quick prize award

Ati2

Legend
Well, the X grows with era, and you can't manipulate guild treasury to convert say OF goods into EMA for example. No, fee per member doesn't increase, but the lack of low era goods can then stall the entire guild for a week should the only low era person not bother to check if his donations are required.

Just so I don't have a guilty conscience: if I'm in IA (GE unlock requirement is 2+4+8 IA goods), there are free spots in the guild, and I donate say 20,000 goods each week, then I'm not pulling the guild back in any way, right?

Emberguard

Legend
Hey Twom :D Just checked on Rugnir, nothing there. Went onto Noarsil and by the time I got back to Rugnir there was a support ticket xD I was thinking "wow that was quick now to post on the forums" and you've beat me to it! haha. You're one step ahead of me all the way :)

Just so I don't have a guilty conscience: if I'm in IA (GE unlock requirement is 2+4+8 IA goods), there are free spots in the guild, and I donate say 20,000 goods each week, then I'm not pulling the guild back in any way, right?
You get that much from Chat Fron??? I must be doing something wrong. Oh wait, I never lvl mine.

But yeah that much IA goods should be more then enough to cover your expenditure assuming its spread across each IA good and not all Iron :P

Ati2

Legend
You get that much from Chat Fron??? I must be doing something wrong. Oh wait, I never lvl mine.

But yeah that much IA goods should be more then enough to cover your expenditure assuming its spread across each IA good and not all Iron :P

It's 20,000 total, spread out pretty evenly. That's from CF mostly, yes, after the GE negotiations. It will be more--I'm not even half-way where I want to be with it. :)

Hi folks, we have winnnnerrrrrrrrrrrssssss!! (Only 2 this week, so I thought I'd big it up a bit :D)

Congratulations go to Emberguard and Deep the Fried Potato,* both of whom posted at or within 2 minutes of the chosen time, which was

We will be in contact with you shortly about your Dubloons. A new thread will be started later today. Meanwhile please keep using this one

* No Zips, Zaps, or Zops were involved in the making of this post :)

Lol
Woohoo thank you!! This will definitely help balance what I've been missing out on because of RL. Thanks again!! To meaningful posts *clink*

DeletedUser111866

Just so I don't have a guilty conscience: if I'm in IA (GE unlock requirement is 2+4+8 IA goods), there are free spots in the guild, and I donate say 20,000 goods each week, then I'm not pulling the guild back in any way, right
For me, no you aren't. That's why I said about allowing Iron Age folks, at least those that have Obs or Arc built.
I say you get that mich from Arc (lv200 for exactly 20k, but lv80 gives some 100/day of each, way more than you spent for GE).

Yup, grats you wealty pirates XD

Status
Not open for further replies.