• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #49 2018-04-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser112581

I like negotiations better. I'll go with brute force for a while now, until my goods production is back on track, but I'll turn back to negotiations as soon as I can.

In Sweden we say that tastes are like butts: split.

I've advanced to the LMA quite fast and I haven't built a decent military prowess, so my attack boost is like 42%.

That's still more than mine I think. I fight up to level 3...fight a few scattered easy fights in there and then negotiate the rest. It's why I work harder for goods but end of L4 every week is worth it!

In Sweden we say that tastes are like butts: split.

Hahahha I'm using that! (The joke not the butt)

DeletedUser111866

Negotiations are a whole lot faster than fighting GE through. 15 minutes and you've done a whole level (provided you got attempts as ransom drops). Fighting is for those that can spare time for it. I run GE with auto attacks sometimes, maybe up to first haf of GE2, then I go back to negotiations.

DeletedUser112581

That's still more than mine I think. I fight up to level 3...fight a few scattered easy fights in there and then negotiate the rest. It's why I work harder for goods but end of L4 every week is worth it!

I'll try that sometime.

Negotiations are a whole lot faster than fighting GE through. 15 minutes and you've done a whole level (provided you got attempts as ransom drops). Fighting is for those that can spare time for it. I run GE with auto attacks sometimes, maybe up to first haf of GE2, then I go back to negotiations.

My point though is that I don't find negotiating fun. I'd rather finish level 2 or 3 fighting and leave it there.

I run auto and can get through pretty much all of lvl 2, some of lvl 3 in Iron age at 17 / 12 (attack/defence)

Do you use vial boosts? That's pretty good I'm surprised. Do you watch your fights or just go straight to the results? Do you lose a lot of units?

Lately I've experimented a few tricks in fighting that have allowed me to fight a few fights deep into L3 too. I have to really plan them out though keeping check with every unit I'll be up against. I suppose this will be good training for when my boosts are high enough to be doing it without so much preparation beforehand.

Emberguard

Legend
no boosts just optimising which units to send. And yeah I probably do lose a lot but I don't notice because I have a lot so I can replenish quickly given the age is about 1.5-2 hrs for a unit (buildings - 3 heavy, 2 light, 2 ranged, 3 short ranged, 2 fast, 1 champ (rarely used))

no boosts just optimising which units to send

The combinations is what I need to learn more about. I usually either take 1 heavy 7 rogues or 1 champ 7 rogues. When there are stronger waves I'll take two normal units a combination of heavies or champs. Champs are actually replacements of fast units in HMA I feel, being just a bit better because they provide added boost. So yeah, champs have more value than i originally gave them. Interesting that you have so much military production. I just use my traz and bonus units from GE heh

Emberguard

Legend
posty post

@Deep the Fried Potato If I'm facing two waves I look at the second wave and work out what I would need to defeat the second wave, put that in my army first, then work out what weakness those troops aren't covering in the first wave and fill in there.

Usually this means 1-3 heavies, 3 balistas and whatever else.

But that's not when the opponent has a full second wave. At that point I just negotiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.