• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #43 2018-02-26 (or thereabouts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Dear all,

Here is the thread for this week's contest. This week we have a double rollover! This means that not only are the prizes for the last couple of weeks still up for grabs, together with the new prize added for this week, but also rather than posts within 2 minutes of the randomly chosen time counting, all posts withing 4 minutes either side of the chosen time will count. All other rules remain the same. This week you can win:

A full set of Blueprints for any Great Building up to and including the age you are in
An amount of medals according to the age you are in
(see spoiler below for amounts)
500 Florins

Bronze Age20
Iron Age50
Early Middle Age100
High Middle Age200
Late Middle Age350
Colonial Age600
Industrial Age1000
Progressive Era1500
Modern Era2200
Post Modern Era3000
Contemporary Era4000
Tomorrow5500
The Future7200
Arctic Future9000
Oceanic Future10840
[th]Age[/th][th]Medals[/th]

This week's competition will close at 11pm on Sunday 5th March. Good luck everyone!

DeletedUser111589

Indeed, 800 florins would be suitable reward - or even better, one SoK, since amount of medals is to scorn at.

Art in Dungeon defense is among best of all novels I have read.
e789dc6ee0caf233d6d719c03b6d9971.jpg

DeletedUser111866

Woke up to 500 florins in 5% and 10 tickets, spent em all, nada and -200 net income. I feel rigged.

DeletedUser

Hey, Amy didn't say it was ingame florins, maybe it's tell florins.

DeletedUser108047

Bit suspicious that the Venice event currency is florins.... which are the currency of the arch rival Duchy of Florence.... whereas the Serene Republic uses Ducats...and being a money lenders paradise they are very protective of their currency.

I'm half expecting Rinbin to announce at the end that we are all (like Casanova) going to jail for fraud and counterfeiting

DeletedUser110179

That's some hefty amount of florins, as well as a very long loss streak (143), even at 5% this crosses 1 in 1000 boundary with great ease.
2245 Florin Pot.JPG
I'm guessing that most of the pot didn't come from the neighbors.
I've never seen such a high pot ... it may well be that jozzjozz spent all his tickets until he won (a self-made pot).

I find that the "double chance" works very well when the pot is already over 300.
The game may be geared to fleece (or help) players with many tickets ... you get the pot but you have to keep going until it's yours.
That said, make sure you have a few Florins in reserve to play "double chance" ... My En6 world is dead in the water since I spent all but 10 of the Florins ... can never seem to get the pot (and can't activate double chance).

For players interested in SoK ...
it may well be cheaper to buy it with 6,500 than trying the 700 or 730 chest with a 10% chance (10 x 700 = 7,000).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.