• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #43 2018-02-26 (or thereabouts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

I prefer the 15% option... doubling to 30% when the pot is 100 or over is almost infallible

DeletedUser110179

Woke up to 500 florins in 5% and 10 tickets, spent em all, nada and -200 net income. I feel rigged.
I prefer the 15% option... doubling to 30% when the pot is 100 or over is almost infallible
I've found great abundance on the 5% ... Looks like you used the "double chance" option.

Considering that I only got involved in this event a few days ago (without doing the quests) ...
I've converted about
100 tickets into 3,755 (exclusively on the 5%).

The 15% may give-back to the community more that the 5% since
the 15% pot starts with
50 and is won 3-times more often than the 5% (which starts at
100).

3755 Florins.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why does the hoodie guy hate me so much and have me negotiate encounters every week?

DeletedUser110179

The 5% tickets give more to the community (and the pot) than 15% tickets (it's a better fundraiser).

The 15% option is like the Parable of the Talents all over again (just less so than the # 1 option ...
1 for
10).

DeletedUser108047

show me the math.... my experience is that I can regularly put 5 or 6 on the 15% and make a profit (ie more than than guaranteed win) whereas 5 or 6 or 20 on the 5% gives me no return. I have little interest in winning the prize for the gamester - rather have enough currency to have a crack at the rewards I want to buy/gamble for

DeletedUser111866

The 5% tickets give more to the community (and the pot) than 15% tickets (it's a better fundraiser).
Hmm. 15% ticket is 85% 10 and 15% 50 profit, average 16, 5% ticket is 95% 15 and 5% 100, average 19.25. I'd not call this parable of talents, as you still contribute to community's wealth, not just for yourself, and its morale was to not have it all to yourself. At least the person with 5 talents gaining another 5 and the one with two gaining two more were equally rewarded.

DeletedUser96901

The 15% may give-back to the community more that the 5% since
the 15% pot starts with
50 and is won 3-times more often than the 5% (which starts at
100).
but the 5% gives more for losing :P

it needs 20 times 5% (average)
makes a total of 100 + 19 * 15 = 385
(19 lost + 1 won)

in that times you could win 3 times 15%
3 * 50 (start) + 17 * 10 (lost tries that increases) = 320
(17 because 3 won makes 20 tries)

so the 5% gives much more back

DeletedUser110179

but the 5% gives more for losing :P

it needs 20 times 5% (average)
makes a total of 100 + 19 * 15 = 385
(19 lost + 1 won)

in that times you could win 3 times 15%
3 * 50 (start) + 17 * 10 (lost tries that increases) = 320
(17 because 3 won makes 20 tries)

so the 5% gives much more back
The more you lose (to the neighborhood) ... the more you (and everyone) can win from the pot.
A neighborhood playing @ 5% wins more (from Inno) ... than a neighborhood playing @ 15%.

If everyone in the neighborhood could collude (work together) ... you would all get further together.
Nobody should click the "double chance" ... it makes everyone poorer.

DeletedUser111866

If everyone in the neighborhood could collude (work together) ... you would all get further together.
An utopia, or a prisoner dilemma, the one that if both confess, both get jailed for one year, if one confesses, he gets 15Y and the other gets released, and if both won't confess, both get 3Y. Whoever plays altruistically, loses more, unless everyone do the same.

DeletedUser

But in this case, even if everyone played to the 5%, it isn't guaranteed that everybody would individually get more than if they had played at 100%.

DeletedUser

I think that Rain Forest Project is one of the prettiest Great Buildings.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.