• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #28 2017-11-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingraider

Emperor
I know people who have 5 figure fps in the inventory with probably 5 times that invested in other GB's. But some of these players have spreadsheets, use algorithms for the best use of fps and so on. I'm not ready for all that.

DeletedUser111589

That gaming is not enjoyable.

I knew people in other game that were manually farming gold and their fastest map run was roughly a 1 minute while I needed double that on auto which is more relaxed gameplay (could go that fast when wanting). They were taking game too seriously and were scolding me for not "managing time properly".

Hardcore playing makes me think they don't have an outside life

DeletedUser110179

Some people "live to work" ... others "work to live".

I know people who have 5 figure fps in the inventory with probably 5 times that invested in other GB's.
But some of these players have spreadsheets, use algorithms for the best use of fps and so on.
I'm not ready for all that.
Quite so ... not everyone wants to be in the Top 10 (even in 10 years time) ...
most people in RL and FoE are searching for a more simple and relaxed way to live and play.

That gaming is not enjoyable.
They were taking game too seriously and were scolding me for not "managing time properly".
Hardcore playing makes me think they don't have an outside life
Some people take games (or work) seriously. Workaholics enjoy what they do best ... work.
Others work to get a small income and enjoy their time with friends, family and holidays.

DeletedUser108047

@Prinza the Hunter you must be a dad with a joke like that...

Whoo hoo - just topped the server... for a day :)
forge-db.com/noarsil
"Top Fighter for 11-16-2017 is Dane thorson with 250 battles."

won't last long :(

DeletedUser111866

Nice one Dane :)

Hardcore gaming is what really envies me, and indeed it takes so much dedication I doubt these people really have a life. Still I am reading a lot of guides that encourage to save time while doing the same within here, so maybe they also get relaxed over the years. Man I want to have extra hours in a day solely for myself... won't happen, too old :D

DeletedUser111866

Good morning world :)
"worlds" maybe? :D

I wonder people, do you gather stats on incidents, at least rare ones, that wikia doesn't yet have stats for? I believe those 10% boosts are a lot more common than other prizes in a rare incident.

I have come to the conclusion that putting down supply-producing GBs is a waste of space and effort. So many quests — and many Daily Challenges, should they ever be made available to more than just a favoured few — require using production buidlings that it only makes sense to have permanent production buidlings (“forge of blacksmiths” seems the wrong way to go when you will need to build the blacksmiths every other day). While it would be nice to have 10 to 12 special production buildings, that is a lot of space, so it is likely that some will be standard supplies buildings. With all that supplies production effectively required if one is to play quests/challenges to the full, there simply is no point having a Grreat Building turning out even more.

I have a bunch of InA goods. Given that the Capitol is a supplies building, I am left to wonder if the Royal Albert Hall is worth building. Its goods provision per FP invested is quite good but its goods provision per square is low, compared to other GBs. It also has a supply production boost, which might be helpful if I am never going to have a supplies GB.

Any thoughts people? I am especially wondering just how important supplies are as I progress through the ages. Right now, I already have a few million spare and in one city have almost as much supplies as coins.

vikingraider

Emperor
Build inno tower. Population and fp. I used to struggle for supplies but LoA and a few supply buildings have got me to around 8m.

Build inno tower. Population and fp. I used to struggle for supplies but LoA and a few supply buildings have got me to around 8m.
1. I can’t build Inno Tower with the InA goods I have
2. Inno Tower does nothing for supplies and I don’t know how much supplies matter later in the game
3. I have the LoA and consider it one of the ‘essential’ GBs, especially since it can be built so early.
4. Having scrapped the idea of Capitol, I am now thinking I will build Habitat in this city for my population (best population per FP and slightly better population per square than Inno Tower). I’ll be putting Inno Tower into my other city and like to keep them distinct other than for the ‘essentials’. This town is a bit short on FP production and I might consider Cape for that, or just work hard on good special buildings for FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.