• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #28 2017-11-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110179

P. . t Drver

PostDriver 400px.jpg

The bits are way too hard to get hold of; 103 stars for 1 halmbock so far. Not sure how many stars are available in total, but already missed 20 'cos I'm app only over the weekend and they release late on the app.

Also, only 2 chances at each set building over the entire course of the event...
I agree. I have 4 buildings — two of them through exceptional luck — but missed today’s (yesterday’s) even though I spent all 130 stars that I had saved up.

Unless players are willing to shell out huge amounts of diamonds, there is something like a 1/3 chance of getting any one building. I don’t think that is enough.

DeletedUser110179

The bits are way too hard to get hold of;
Also, only 2 chances at each set building over the entire course of the event...
Looks set be a status acquirement
(Indian Palace produced heaps of fps, Cherry Garden fps and attack ... while the the winter event combo is more about bragging rights).

You need a lot of pieces without a massive output.

2-way Comparison.jpg

DeletedUser111866

Hey people, is it just me, or the mo/po algorithm is seriously broken? This event I had a quest of 30*5m productions, and a DC with 10*8h productions. At one time I had 1 butcher doing 5m's while all other production buildings were running 8h. During this time I received 4 aids and ALL of them hit the 5m butcher - well, there could be more, but 4 hitting the same building with no less than 30 available for buffing within such a small time frame is VERY unlikely, up to the point of suspecting RNG being rigged.

DeletedUser96901

who says the algorithm chooses the next building randomly ?

maybe it has an order and always hits the buildings in the same order

DeletedUser108047

I vaguely remember from discussions about using pol/mot to get bps by doing it manually - the alogorithm looks to highest era unmotivated then random pol/mot until era buildings are exhausted, then next era etc

DeletedUser110179

Coming soon ...
I guess the little tent is where the light infantry work out in the gym ... to graduate to heavy infantry.
Heavy_Infantry_Barracks.png
I wonder if it's worth unlocking the 5th slot (100 ) ...

1 HI + 7 Rogues ... it's probably the rogues that will be in short supply for GvG.
Eventhough 7 HI + 1 Rogue make good DAs ... I found that 4 Trebs + 4 HI cause the most damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

Why'd you be doing such a thing @ih8regin ? Put all of them in same production length and it will seem faster. As for algorithm, I do think its designed to aid buildings in certain order, perhaps by order of being built? Of course, highest age takes priority.

Is it my imagination or has the GE fighting engine changed a little?

I am finding my units start in different order (e.g. 2 artillery in the middle, whereas they are normally on the outside) and the enemy is playing more coy, keeping range units out of reach, at least on the first turn.

Not that it is stopping me much! I used 8 IA archers to clear out the penultimate encounter on difficulty one against HMA units :) It cost me 4 archers but hey, they’re cheap and quick to replace.

DeletedUser111866

Why'd you be doing such a thing @ih8regin ? Put all of them in same production length and it will seem faster. As for algorithm, I do think its designed to aid buildings in certain order
Order you say? That would make sense, however I don't yet find any order in motivation when I geg my cottages hit by aid. As for why did it go this way, well count it as a mishap.

DeletedUser110179

Funny thing ... the trebs kept targeting the rear HI (which had spawned from the damaged rogues) ... never the Knights.
He only lost 2 rogues by battles end.

It's admirable that he targets the whole neighborhood ... not just the weak and helpless
(despite the fact that I've recently posted Tower points in excess of 3 or 5 times more than his).
This is his 3rd successful attack and plunder.

I'm looking forward to the next installment ... will keep you posted.

Ferdinand the Noble 3rd Battle.jpg

DeletedUser110195

Of course they did, the AI targets whatever is weakest and within a unit's range and a treb has attack bonus against heavies, them being hurt was just the icing on the cake.

DeletedUser110179

Of course they did, the AI targets whatever is weakest and within a unit's range and a treb has attack bonus against heavies, them being hurt was just the icing on the cake.
Thanks for the insight.

I reset my City Defense with 4 Trebs + 4 HI ... dying to see the outcome
(although his setup seems to have changed in response to the entire neighborhood).

DeletedUser111866

A clever warrior there is I see :) and, did you plunder him in return?

Finally the first uncommon relic in GE - 200 goods, quite a stuff :) although I'd like 100FP more than this...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser110179

A clever warrior there is I see :) and, did you plunder him in return?
No, I aided him along with everyone else on my daily aid program ... lol (it's a kinda investment, hunger and free aid all in one).

Status
Not open for further replies.