• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #20 2017-09-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110195

Well I have a little something to add anyway...seems we have a partial fix for that aggravating audio glitch in battles where a units movement sound repeats on loop forever until another of the unit type moves again or you log out...now it stops when the battle it happened in ends.

I have never heard a peep from tne game.

I see the Kraken has been ranked up again. Now, even at level 20 the first 15 battles of the day will have a 50% chance of the enemy starting a unit down. For attackers, even in the middle ages, the Kraken is now a 'must have'. The FPs are pathetic, so that'll teach those who didn't want the ton of medals it originally put out :(

Unfortunately, I think Inno have catered far too much to the whining brigade over the Kraken.
As it was, the idea of killing even one unit per day just for level one made sense. If they don't scale it back again, this will become a game-changer almost as much as The Arc.

Given how many levels top players can push onto this kind of thing, it will be a slaughterhouse. At level 40, an average of 15 of the first 19 battles will start against only 7 units!

Last edited:

DeletedUser110179

Claiming a "normal" apples per day count is somewhat suspect, unless the bare minimum of aiding causes a player to reach max when server stops awarding them .
Certainly ... I'm pretty sure you reach the daily max for aiding @ 48 ... even if you don't reach the daily average of 52 collecting from apple trees
(due to issues with the friends and neighbours) .

Apple_Tree.png
I don't think that there is a daily limit on planted trees ... so some players may well be harvesting well above the average of 52 ... maybe 150 for those with 300 very active friends/neighbors/guildmates .
(300 daily aids @ 20% chance of planting = 60 trees ... equates to roughly 150 picked ... @ 2, 3 and 5 per tree) .

I've just built 5 paper mills so I can use them to produce packaging, which will fit my city layout the best out of all the goods buildings.
The Paper Mill 2x3 has the smallest footprint of all goods buildings (Ropery 3x2 aswell) ... so beware of flooding the market with too much paper (esp if you're in a sensitive market) ... in which case, it might actually pay to supply some goods from the bigger factoy (eg Porcelain 4x4) which will be in high demand .

Paper_Mill.png

Last edited by a moderator:

vikingraider

Emperor

I see the Kraken has been ranked up again. Now, even at level 20 the first 15 battles of the day will have a 50% chance of the enemy starting a unit down. For attackers, even in the middle ages, the Kraken is now a 'must have'. The FPs are pathetic, so that'll teach those who didn't want the ton of medals it originally put out :(

I've just found a level 44 Kraken. 82.25% x 20 and 35fp.

The Paper Mill 2x3 has the smallest footprint of all goods buildings (Ropery 3x2 aswell) ... so beware of flooding the market with too much paper (esp if you're in a sensitive market) ... in which case, it might actually pay to supply goods from the bigger factoy (eg Porcelain 4x4) which will be in high demand.
Even my HMA city has a surplus of paper. Both guilds already have more than double the amount of paper as any other CA goods.

Yup, despite what some people want, paper is oversupplied and therefore not worth as much as the other goods.

DeletedUser111351

Certainly ... I'm pretty sure you reach the daily max for aiding @ 48 ... even if you don't reach the daily average of 52 collecting from apple trees
(due to issues with the friends and neighbours) .

View attachment 13295I don't think that there is a daily limit on planted trees ... so some players may well be harvesting well above the average of 52 ... maybe 150 for those with 300 very active friends/neighbors/guildmates .
(300 daily aids @ 20% chance of planting = 60 trees ... equates to roughly 150 picked ... @ 2, 3 and 5 per tree) .
I'm fairly certain there is a daily maximum on trees. Also, the "per day" is really fuzzy math. Time slippage certainly affects aiding. My best guess is that time slippage is also a serious player with trees. On a server I don't check as much my trees seem to have clumped (time-wise). I doubt this has anything to do with when players are aiding me, but a factor of me needing to wait until 24 hours has passed since I picked a tree (regardless of the fact that I have trees "planted" and on their own 24-hour clock).

Let us say people can pick 2 trees per day total (I know it's more, using this for illustration). At 00:00 one person plants a tree and at 01:00 someone else plants a tree. Both trees sit there waiting to be picked until I arrive and do so to both trees at 22:00. At 00:01 and 01:01 those same people plant more trees for me. I login at 12:00 and have no trees. I continue to have no trees until 22:00, at which point I have 2 trees. I now have 2 hours to pick one of the trees and 3 hours for the other before they are gone.

If this is how it works, I do wonder if tree max is based on planting or picking. In the above, I don't pick any trees on the second day. Tree one rots and dies at 00:01. A new tree is planted at 00:02. Does this tree appear immediately (because my 2-tree pick limit withing 24 hours has not been met), or does it appear at 00:01 (leaving me 1 minute to pick it).

There's also some server lag/latency and graphical anomalies that come into play. I've been online and seen someone plant and tree and scoured my land and not found any tree. I've also seen trees appear when none were just planted (both individually when other trees had already been present, or collectively, i.e. the tree graphics hadn't properly loaded before that moment and so nothing was displayed for them).

Note: not complaining about the trees, just giving observations.

DeletedUser110195

Well, going by this, it's definitely worth having. 35 FP at 44, that's nearly Cape Canaveral levels of FP production, I'd hardly call that pathetic.

DeletedUser111351

@Bridgeman55 Oh, and I'll add a bit more. You say I likely get my full 48 from aiding. The odds I saw on tree planting was estimated at 20%. So, 48 x 5 = 240. I need to give and receive 240 aids to hit that mark (and that's a rough mark as some days it will take more people and some days less). The stats I listed were 60 neighbors + 30 guild + 85 friends = 175, well short of the 240 I need to get close to the max apples.

That doesn't even take into account the fact that many of those in my guild are also in my friend's list and a number of my neighbors are as well. That lowers my 175 number to more like 150. This would average out to about 30 apples instead of the 48 per day max.

DeletedUser110195

A little off topic of the new OF GB....how many of you have this disgusting pest where you live....
1 wretched pest.jpg
?

DeletedUser111589

Looks like that stinky bug but brown.

Its not too common but not rare either.

DeletedUser110195

I've seen green ones...rare, compared to these nasty brown ones.

I'm fairly certain there is a daily maximum on trees.
On last year's event, the devs apparently ignored warnings of a loophole by some in beta, possibly because no-one in beta exploited it.
When it went live, it caused havoc because by rapidly changing friends list and flipping between guilds, players could amass vast wealth of apples. Yet another case where those who have been playing for some time were able to build their Wishing Well farms, etc.
To stop that this year, they simply capped the number of trees that could be planted or gained in a day. It's not a number people are expected to achieve - on the contrary, the cap is set supposedly high enough that in normal play, it won't interfere with the game but low enough to make it not worthwhile messing around with the loophole, which still exists.

Apple trees appear as soon as they are planted, and can be uprooted immediately (a strange way of harvesting apples!)

Well, going by this, it's definitely worth having. 35 FP at 44, that's nearly Cape Canaveral levels of FP production, I'd hardly call that pathetic.
You're right. I was wrong to call it pathetic. This Kraken is looking more and more like a 'must have'!

Last edited:

DeletedUser110179

I guess the weekly comp is now closed ... hopefully I can win the full set of Kraken bps ... lol

icon128-2x.png

DeletedUser111510

Thanks Bridgeman & Prinza for the info on Modern. I just looked at my guild treasury and Packaging has the lowest of the modern goods. However I might scale things back a bit and produce some of each of the 3 goods I'll be able to make for a while and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.