• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #19 2017-09-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support quite massive armies (far more than anyone recommends) in my EMA and HMA cities. It's not that difficult unless you are trying to "finish" the game quickly. [Tip: since there is no win condition, there is no way to finish quickly.]

DeletedUser110179

[Tip: since there is no win condition, there is no way to finish quickly.]
Reach a plateau more likely.

I went onto Facebook and was amazed how many people can't even spend diamonds ... because they've bought all the expansions and there's nothing worthwhile left for them to purchase.
It makes me think of communist Russia when people often had to queue for stuff that was in very short supply (even if they had the money).

I guess ... life is a journey, enjoy the ride ... the destination that we seek isn't always there .

Apple Tree2 400px.png

DeletedUser111589

@Prinza the Hunter I play on android app and yes, this is forum I end up when searching for game forum. As for what server.

@Bridgeman55 I'm currently working on leveling up my great buildings and just putting spare FP into research so aging up won't be anytime soon. I plan on getting my GB up to at least lv 6 before fully going into research.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I went onto Facebook and was amazed how many people can't even spend diamonds ... because they've bought all the expansions and there's nothing worthwhile left for them to purchase.
I'm similar! I have six diamond mine cities to support my main city which is now in CE and I have no interest in progressing into TE or beyond. Consequently, I've amassed c. 20,000 Diamonds.

Scouting has been removed from DC, following user comments during beta.
I know Research a Tech had been removed, wasn't sure if Scout Challenges were still included for those that take less than 24 hours?

DeletedUser110179

I'm similar! I have six diamond mine cities to support my main city which is now in CE and I have no interest in progressing into TE or beyond. Consequently, I've amassed c. 20,000 Diamonds.
What keeps you going ... because you clearly enjoy the game.
Stored my Fountain of Youth and Hedge Maze on a quest to streamline my city for the big push ... to level GBs to 101.

101_Dalmations.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

Its only 3 GB for now - Lighthouse, Babel and Hagia. Babel is currently the focus for that little extra of population and more daily goods.

LadyHecate

Major-General
What keeps you going ... because you clearly enjoy the game.
I enjoy playing in CE; fighting through all 64 GE encounters, doing GvG, and plundering the 'hood (although I always Aid everyone during Spring/Fall/Winter events). I'm part of my guild's Leadership so enjoy helping to guide the more junior (and sometimes senior) players.
My mining cities are all in different Ages/Eras (and not CE) so I get a variety of play each day; including one which I've pushed to AF just to see if I'm really missing anything by staying in CE.

I know Research a Tech had been removed, wasn't sure if Scout Challenges were still included for those that take less than 24 hours?
Now you mention that, I think you are right and I was wrong earlier. Yes, I think it just depends on the time it takes to scout, which probably means you would be in EMA or below to get a scouting task.

Get your gold apples before they tarnish .
That's not very pure gold if it tarnishes!

I have thought about having "mining" cities but backed away from that play, even closing down my city on Mount Killmore. I prefer to play more intensely on my two main cities, with beta as a test-bed for ideas, mucking about and what limited testing is possible there.

DeletedUser110195

Takes time, until you have it on autopilot. I manage 10 worlds in about 1 hour, collection/new production, FP spending, aiding and tavern sitting. Can blaze through 64 GE encounters in about 45 minutes if the goods are there, not even my main world can fight that many that fast.

vikingraider

Emperor
Hats off to you. I play in 3 worlds and sometimes just log in to collect etc. 3 hours later I'm still there because I had to retaliate to a plunder, then check the hood for sniping opportunities and so on.

DeletedUser110195

Sniping is just so not worth it to me, besides that, I don't like the idea of building up a neighbors GB. If you're not on my friend list or in my guild, I regard you as hostile. Once I have postmodern units, I'll probably start attacking neighbors with reckless abandon. Since no one will ever get plunder out of me, I couldn't care less who gets torqued off.

Hats off to you. I play in 3 worlds and sometimes just log in to collect etc. 3 hours later I'm still there because I had to retaliate to a plunder, then check the hood for sniping opportunities and so on.
That's more like me but as one of the leaders of a guild, with a specific role, that takes a little time, too. I rarely bother with retaliation: half the time, I reckon I'd lose anyway. Instead, I check what troops the attacker had and change my defence accordingly. I get raided but not often more than once per neighbourhood as I make it too expensive to win (the last attacker lost 7 good troops for 120 coins).

vikingraider

Emperor
I'm no longer a leader in one world due to 'Guild-enders' I mentioned last week. There's been an update to that if anyone would like to know. And augustavian, Hood watch out! Hall of fame today as the prize for those who've been waiting for it.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I have thought about having "mining" cities but backed away from that play, even closing down my city on Mount Killmore. I prefer to play more intensely on my two main cities, with beta as a test-bed for ideas, mucking about and what limited testing is possible there.
Time is getting scarcer and scarcer, as more 'things' are introduced, to manage mining cities! Originally, I played them all almost as much as my main city then, with the introduction of the Tavern I had to scale back quite a bit; 2x8hr + 1x4Hr collections and only negotiating 32 GE encounters. With Daily Challenges coming I can see me moving to the 1x24hr collection model; I'll only be doing DC on my main city.

You may as well open the Daily Challenge on every city, just to see what required. (I had suggested that a player not lose a Challenge point when they didn't even look at the tasks but this has not been adopted.) Some of the Challenges are difficult for some people but not for others and it is just possible that you can gain something extra for doing what you would be doing anyway, though it takes more dedication to complete the 7/7 and gain the additional prize.

DeletedUser111589

For 30 FP I have to
-visit 30 taverns
-donate 10 FP to someone's GB
-gain control of 4 sectors
-spend 1k tavern silver

Gaining control is far worst. Still lot better than yesterday when I wanted champions

Oh right, I'm in main server with daily challenges already live... (Probably)

Status
Not open for further replies.