• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #14 2017-08-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110179

Choose your friends wisely ...

Warriors of Doom, Langendorn. The recruitment time reduction is awesome, but sometimes you need to wake up in the middle of the night if you want to collect efficiently :))
That's the best time ♫

DeletedUser110195

Choose your friends wisely
I surely did, once I started moving my city development toward building advanced GBs. Cut more than half of my friend list as it was infested with dead weight from one end to the other. Replaced it with high end people one of which supplied me with the goody goods to build an Arc, now I'm on my way to being as overpowered as they are. ;)

On beta. I went with the power-friends trip from day one.

It is equally wrong!

I have scatterings of high-level blueprints right throughout the ages (and yes, almost a full set for Arc) but the most I have of lower GBs like Zeus and Lighthouse are four blueprints!

DeletedUser110195

That's what neighbors are for. They'll always be your age. ;)

Whether you aid, or plunder, though aid will get you more shots at blueprints.

On beta, I have yet to see a neighbourhood that has more than a couple of people with the 2-spear defence. Aiding them just doesn't feel right, though :)

LadyHecate

Major-General
But plunder will get you more FPs and goods :) depends on the play style ofc, but I definitely prefer plunder. Especially after summer events when you have dozens of Palaces in your hood.
I agree! I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside of me when my Atlantis Museum doubles a plunder on a Maharaja Palace!

LadyHecate

Major-General
Atlantis Museum? Not heard of that but I want one
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Atlantis_Museum it's (currently) the only GB in Oceanic Future. Due to the fact that it's from OF and very few players actually regularly plunder there have been very few of them built. Consequently, getting BPs for them has been difficult! Mine's maxed out at level 10 and I've been actively targeting OF buildings to Aid but still a BP short of unlocking level 11. At level 10 I have a 23% chance to double the output each time I plunder a player's building output. With all the new Set buildings that have big outputs that can be plundered it has become a good FP and goods production building for me!
On the plus side, OF goods are worthless at the moment and thus cheap to buy or trade for if looking to amass the goods to build the GB.

Last edited:

LadyHecate

Major-General
time to stack up on the OF goods then?
I think that really depends on how good they make the next OF GB; which I assume will now come out with the final part of OF. If it's as good as Arctic Orangery then OF goods will rocket in price, but if it's like Gaea then OF goods will remain worthless. Currently, they're cheaper than AF and TF goods!
That's the advantage of being a Beta player; you get advance knowledge and game play of everything coming out and can get ahead of the game before it hits the live servers. When the Orangery was first released, I already had cleared the space in my city and traded for the AF goods well before the day of its release and thus had it up in a couple of hours.

DeletedUser108047

@LadyHecate - do you use Atlantis in combination with Voyager? Been wondering whether to put them down for the plunder bonuses

DeletedUser110914

I think that really depends on how good they make the next OF GB; which I assume will now come out with the final part of OF. If it's as good as Arctic Orangery then OF goods will rocket in price, but if it's like Gaea then OF goods will remain worthless. Currently, they're cheaper than AF and TF goods!
That's the advantage of being a Beta player; you get advance knowledge and game play of everything coming out and can get ahead of the game before it hits the live servers. When the Orangery was first released, I already had cleared the space in my city and traded for the AF goods well before the day of its release and thus had it up in a couple of hours.

On the world that I play I'm currently in Industrial, so even if I were to play beta and test out stuff for future era's, I don't think i have much use for that information right now. I plan on staying in IA for a while, building up my goods, BG's, city etc :)

LadyHecate

Major-General
@LadyHecate - do you use Atlantis in combination with Voyager? Been wondering whether to put them down for the plunder bonuses
Never been enamoured with Voyager so never built it. It'll only give me current Era goods with the new neighbourhood system and I can produce twice as many with another goods building in the same footprint. The secondary boost of supplies in also worthless.
On the world that I play I'm currently in Industrial,
I'm only CE and have no plans to move on; TE is a terrible era to play in! That didn't stop me getting Arc, AO and AM to give me an advantage over my CE hoodies!

DeletedUser110914

Time to make some good friends and get working on those blueprints then ;)

LadyHecate

Major-General
Time to make some good friends and get working on those blueprints then
I'm quite ruthless with my Friends' list; regularly clearing out "Friends" that either don't Aid or visit the Tavern. I've also targeted a lot of the top players; you'd be surprised how many of them will accept you as a Friend if you have the best Tablecloth in your own Tavern. The advantage this brings is lots of top Age/Era buildings to target for BPs when Aiding, lots of Friends with high-level Arcs who'll snipe the top places in your GBs for free, and (if you ever make it to the top Ages/Eras) they won't immediately plunder you because they're already Friends!

Is anyone else having problems setting an army in the Army Management screen, or in being able to attack?

I can't attack on 2 servers/3 worlds but want to be sure it'ss not just me, before lodging the bug.

DeletedUser108047

@LadyHecate same thinking here... but it is kind of cool looking and I wonder how much of a deterrent it is just by being there :)

DeletedUser110914

I'm quite ruthless with my Friends' list; regularly clearing out "Friends" that either don't Aid or visit the Tavern. I've also targeted a lot of the top players; you'd be surprised how many of them will accept you as a Friend if you have the best Tablecloth in your own Tavern. The advantage this brings is lots of top Age/Era buildings to target for BPs when Aiding, lots of Friends with high-level Arcs who'll snipe the top places in your GBs for free, and (if you ever make it to the top Ages/Eras) they won't immediately plunder you because they're already Friends!

Time to send invites. I only need to upgrade my floor once more and get 3 more chairs to have my tavern complete :)
How do you find people that don't visit your tavern? I recently deleted all friend who hadn't been active in a while (EG not being online and not growing a single point in a week orso)

Is anyone else having problems setting an army in the Army Management screen, or in being able to attack?

I can't attack on 2 servers/3 worlds but want to be sure it'ss not just me, before lodging the bug.
I have had no problem with that. Though a few minutes ago I couldn't log in. MMight also be due to the fact that I have a mining rig running on my pc ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.