• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #10 2017-07-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Well Amy's already confirmed we can get pieces of different BPs...up to 7 different ones obviously, what I really want to know now is: Can we choose which section of it we get? It seems logical that we would, but I'll be a whole lot more enthusiastic reading a confirmation of this.

While you cannot chose which section(s) you get, we would make sure we do not award any duplicates (unless of course you choose a GB for which you already have all 9 BPs!)

DeletedUser110195

Well that's just as good, as I'm missing 8 pieces of the Dynamic blueprint, just one more from anywhere and that one's finished.

A while ago, I posted a bug report because a change in the changelog had not shown up.

Apparently, it wasn't a bug because the developers had never intended that ALL players should think they will have the change; in this instance - without it being stated - the change was only for browser users.

I don't think that's good enough. It is bad enough that the app - without it being advertised or stated as such - makes mobile players second-class. To rub that in by making system improvements that don't even apply to all players is awful.

I was asked to create the issue as an Idea, so I did, with a wide coverage:
Apply system changes to all user interfaces

Amy Steele

General
Hey Prinza! Sorry you were disappointed with that. In fact the changelog that you saw was a browser changelog, as it was posted in the browser changelog section of the forum. Thanks for posting your idea 8-) hope you get plenty of support for it, but please understand that for technical reasons it's not always possible to make the same changes/improvements to the app version at the same time as the browser version.

This doesn't in any way mean that app users are 'second-class' or being overlooked in any way. I for one prefer the way the social lists (neighbours, guild etc) work on app, and also the GB contribution system changes, which were introduced first on the app version ;) browser users had to wait quite some time for those changes to be applied!

DeletedUser110195

If you mean the new GB contribution window, the app users can keep it....I'm happy to not accidentally stumble into blowing diamonds on 10 FP. Call me when they implement a system where you enter the exact number of FP you want to contribute.

If anyone saw my typo....I don't know how but it had to have been the spirit of autocorrects past haunting me....

I'm surprised to hear that I have a better GB contribution screen: I seem to suffer the same problems that I read browser users have.

Because of the touch screen, I suspect that going through the social lists is indeed faster. I can just keep my fingers over the same sposts on the screen and, with the players auto-scrolling, tap away quite quickly. Recommended for any browser users who have the anility to also play on an app.

As for not being a second-class player, Amy, I will believe that when I can take part in GvG (sounds good but..), the Guild Forum (I wonder what that's like..), a market with equal capability such as seeing who is selling...

If you mean the new GB contribution window, the app users can keep it....I'm happy to not accidentally stumble into blowing diamonds on 10 FP. Call me when they implement a system where you enter the exact number of FP you want to contribute.
Nope, I don't have that .. I don't think, anyway!

Amy Steele

General
Hehehe - I didn't mean that in fact Augustavian - I meant the way you can now see a list of which GBs a neighbour, guildie or friend has by clicking on their avatar in the social bar, and can also then enter the GB directly from there, So much easier than going via Town Hall etc

Hehehe - I didn't mean that in fact Augustavian - I meant the way you can now see a list of which GBs a neighbour, guildie or friend has by clicking on their avatar in the social bar, and can also then enter the GB directly from there, So much easier than going via Town Hall etc
Oh! Yes, that is helpful. I never realised browser players didn't have that ability. They should have.

DeletedUser110195

That must've been rolled out for everyone before I started, it's been that way since I could contribute, way back in December.

Oooh I got promoted! I can lead even bigger forum armies now!

joesoap

Major-General
gvg on the app....after years of trying they cant get it right for the browser so whats the point of putting it on the app, all that achieves is having more players complaining about how bad it is & saying it needs major work done on it

DeletedUser4089

I just use the app to collect when i'm not at my computer

Edit: And congrats on making 2-star Augustavian

DeletedUser110195

Heh, reminds me of playing a certain wolfy FPS where you gained rank as you improved skills, all the way up to 3 star general I think it was(it's been forever ago since I played that, best FPS ever)

"FPS"?
FPS...
Fried Pork Sandwich
Fighting Player Software
Forged Product Syndrome
False Playing Strategy
Nah, still can't get it. OK, I looked it up:
First Person Shooter​
... so what happens when you need to shoot a second and third person? ;)

DeletedUser110195

Turn the mouse and hold down the left mouse button again ;)

Unless of course I was a sniper, then it was carefully put the crosshairs of my scope on their forehead and then press the button once, headshots were almost guaranteed deaths.

DeletedUser110195

Too bad PE snipers don't know how to get them....two shots to kill something, easily visible(frankly they should have stealth in forests)

DeletedUser4089

I get around that by not fighting lol

And just because I can:
From Positions (on open forum)
Positions on open forum

Private 0
Corporal 50
Master Corporal 100
Sergeant 150
Warrant Officer 200
Chief Warrant Officer 250
Second Lieutenant 300
Lieutenant 350
Captain 400
Major 450
Lieutenant Colonel 500
Brigadier-General 600
Major-General 800
Lieutenant-General 1,000
General 1,200

The higher ones people have to figure out themselves :P But so far the titles go up to a cap change of 5000 posts.

DeletedUser110195

My patience died at what is basically FoE Quebec and I decided to fight it green. 4 snipers vs a bunch of natives and a couple jaegers, won without taking damage, but every kill took two hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.