• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Apply system changes to all user interfaces

I was going to limit this proposal to one relatively small matter to do with no message being displayed when a search results in no data. However, I see no reason not to make it all-encompassing.

If an update is going to be made; and when an update is declared on FoE's changelog, that update should apply to all player interfaces, regardless of which (supported) browser or which (supported) monile platform.

This proposal results from me logging a bug. You can see from that bug thread that it is declared that just because the changelog says that a change has been made, improving the interface, it doesn't mean that all players will get the improved interface. Clearly, the changelog does not need to bother specifying which users might or might not benefit: some will, some won't.

(I know many of you are thinking of another change that was partly implemented for just some users on browsers a few weeks ago. That instance, too, is covered by this proposal.)

If you look up the right source, you will find Forge of Empires described as a browser game. However, Forge of Empires is being advertised to mobile users as a strategy game played with a free app. The adverts to mobile users do not mention that it is primarily a game requiring a browser but which players can keep in touch with using a mobile - no expectation other than full, free-to-play (with in-game purchases) gaming.

Apparently, Inno are currently looking for financing to concentrate on mobile. This could mean that in a year or two, the app catches up with, and even overtakes, the facilities on the browser. This, too, is unacceptable. Until and unless a policy statement is issued that gaming on browser or on mobile is going to be phased out, or that players on one platform or the other will not be abke to access the entire game, effort should be made to provide a compatible experience and at the very least, any changes which could apply to both platforms should be applied to both.

This is the bug report I filed, which has been closed because the change was never intended to apply to everyone.

• World: Several.
  • Browser and Version: App on iPad. Latest version (1.102?) Edit: Just checked the very latest 1.103 and the bug persists.
  • Overview of the bug:
The changelog for version 1.102 states:
"We spotted some areas in the game, where we did not always provide applicable visual feedback for users. Therefore we now added it in the 'Search Friends' window when no player with this name could be found and after dissolving a guild."
However, a serch that fails to find a matching player still gives no feedback.
(I do not know about any message after dissolving a guild.)​

• Screenshots: I am unable to upload graphics to the forum.
  • How often this occurs: All the time.
  • Urgency: Would be minor but since it was in a changelog, it is major.
  • Preventative Actions: N/A
  • Summary: Visual feedback needed when a player search results in no data.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Yes/N/A.

DeletedUser103370

You're right. If App players would have a separate server, then it'd be different. However they play in the same environment, but with inferior tools. It's surprising that it still hasn't caught up with the browser, literally years passed by since I last tried it, and from the feed-backs it seems it's still missing many crucial elements. So they should apply the new updates equally, otherwise how the hell it's gonna ever catch up?