• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

We need better neighbourhood merge

DeletedUser7719

An idea that has just occurred to me (similar to some others already mentioned) is this:
Merge triggered when a hood reaches 60 players. All triggered hoods have their average score and age calculated.
Of these triggered hoods, the oldest one without a merge is selected as the first to be split.
It is then split into 3 groups of 20, the top 20, the mid 20 and the low 20. The average age and score is then calculated for these 3 groups.
The top 20 is then merged into the triggered hood where the top 20 players and the hood have a similar average score and age
The Mid 20 is then merged into the triggered hood where the mid 20 players and the hood have a similar average score and age
The low 20 is then merged into the triggered hood where the low 20 players and the hood have a similar average score and age
The process is then repeated until there is less than 4 hoods with 60 players. Less than 4 because the process requires 1 hood to split, and 3 to receive a merge.

No doubt there will be problems with my theory, but it helps keep hood above 60 each week
About the same as Praecetors

DeletedUser

Soooo many valid ideas. So little action. Yet another week (4 now) with only 39 in my 'hood. :mad: :confused:

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
we still have 50 ...although we have at least 10 who drop in /drop out regularly ...perhaps just logging in once every couple weeks...and therefore prolonging the agony ! ..... these people are not really playing the game are they !
arrrrghhhh
doing my head in.
please devs... use one of these ideas , at this stage i dont care which !

DeletedUser11899

please devs... use one of these ideas , at this stage i dont care which !

..me too :)

Praeceptor suggestion (in post #277) ensuring 60 players per 'hood at least is a good suggestion, like many others above, and I think it would'nt very difficult to do.

DeletedUser276

lol well the devs are aware of all thats in here. the matter though is prioritization. You got mates to attack so its not too high of a priority in comparison to some of the other things that are needed. But it is being looked at.

DeletedUser

Thanks Blacksmith for clarify to all of us, that before the"neighbourhood merge" issue, was priority to make a Quiz with 3 questions every 8 days :)

All of us have been waiting desperately for the Quiz , for around half a year, gonna be a big change in our life-game :)

DeletedUser7719

Thanks Blacksmith for clarify to all of us, that before the"neighbourhood merge" issue, was priority to make a Quiz with 3 questions every 8 days :)

All of us have been waiting desperately for the Quiz , for around half a year, gonna be a big change in our life-game :)
Yea, like redeveloping neighborhood merges take seconds to program/come up with :rolleyes:

DeletedUser276

yeah we wait for sarcastic players :) Thanks for that. You made our waiting since Feb of 2012 now worth while.

Though you may realize that better merging of neighborhoods is dealt with by devs and contests and such are done by local support staff like mods and cm's.

DeletedUser

Though you may realize that better merging of neighborhoods is dealt with by devs and contests and such are done by local support staff like mods and cm's.

With this explanation, are you telling us, who is "really working" in the company?

Jokes apart, yesterday speaking with some (around 5 players) industrial end players, all we are waiting for "something" more to do,1 was wondering in quit, the others get bored, etc I realize "mods and cm's" are aware of that, for that is done the Quiz, but dunno if the devs know that :) At least they can give a shedule of dates, for the next major changes or even say in which order are the priorities.

DeletedUser

Absolutely love the post. I would have gone for it myself if you hadn't beaten me to it. I shall wait for another opportunity and blame Blacksmith on doing nothing about the extinsion of the black-footed ferret.

DeletedUser276

With this explanation, are you telling us, who is "really working" in the company?
At least they can give a shedule of dates, for the next major changes or even say in which order are the priorities.

Everyone works. If not they are fired. Just like every other company out there.... well except govt agencies..

but seriously the devs are aware. They do putter through our forums. Especially the lead dev. There are way higher priorities now than the merges being tweaked. they do happen. There is a large player base still in each world so its not all that bad. as for a list and dates of upcomings.... I dont even have that. They try new stuff and look for conflicts. If there are some then its put on hold till they can get it running fine. All I can say is have patience and wait. Honestly its probably sept or so at a guess for what you want. if you have 50+ diamonds in your account then I am sure if you left for a while and checked periodically then your account will be fine.

DeletedUser

. .....All I can say is have patience and wait........

we have been waiting 10+ months now...

....if you have 50+ diamonds in your account then I am sure if you left for a while and checked periodically then your account will be fine.

this i will do. At present the 'hoods make the game so un-balanced and unfair, i can put up with it no more. It is sad. Perhaps i will return, perhaps not.. Goodluck to all!

DeletedUser5180

im as keen as any player for the next age and guild wars (finished the InA in around 10 days) BUT I WOULD RATHER IT TOOK A BIT LONGER and was as near FLAWLESS as possible, than rushing it for release and it being full of bugs.

DeletedUser13805

we have been waiting 10+ months now...

this i will do. At present the 'hoods make the game so un-balanced and unfair, i can put up with it no more. It is sad. Perhaps i will return, perhaps not.. Goodluck to all!

i feel exactly the same way as the huge on this issue.
i have been playing the game for ages i am ranked 25 i finished up to the ind age without any castles, then added castles as i had nothing to do with my forge points. i now have an 80% boost its made life a lot easyer for my battles.

my moan now is i can not catch up in the leader board as my hood is 42 with me only having 40 battles over 1 million points a week but its not enough : (
so now its getting boreing nothing to attachive i help out in my guild but its dead now as i know i will never advance and get to top 10 under the current system :(
i have quit fighting in other worlds and will let them towns die out i will still help others in the guild and try to push for number 1 spot with the guild but as for the game now its just left me feeling i have compelted it so there is nothing at all to aim for ?
i guess this happens to a lot of the top players but in all fairness i can not understand why on earth people are not grouped together in the age there currently in ?

i will give it another month and if there is no improvement i will just not bother i might come back in a years time and see if by then anything has been dont to improve things as i should think that would be more than enough time ?

DeletedUser5904

Meh so one of the most important things that affects city score balance (neighborhood size), is broken and has apparently been back burner-ed even though it has been an issue for 10 months...wonderful. So my only recourse to even attempt to keep up is to drop a megaton of dough on diamonds to build a Wheelwright city or sit idly by and watch those who either don't have my neighborhood issues or decided to spend the $$$$ (or both) blow past me in the rankings...fabulous. And it doesn't matter how highly populated the worlds are when I have 41 in my hood....I have no access to the others. Make excuses for the why of it, dangle the carrot of random this and that, tell me how hard they are working on new content but it all rings hollow. Simply put they should have focused on fixing the broken things before throwing time and resources at new things.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Simply put they should have focused on fixing the broken things before throwing time and resources at new things.

I see we're up to page 30 now, with the developers taking no notice of this problem.

It seems to me that it's the people who fund this game that are getting the most angry, and yet nothing is being done. Not even an announcement. Nothing.

If this game wasn't so badly broken in this area I might be tempted to spend a few diamonds to help things along; but what's the point?

If this doesn't get fixed soon the cash is going to dry up. The top players have nothing to play for. I'm certainly not going to fill my city with wheelwrights and click the collect button all day long - where's the challenge in that?

For goodness sake devs - WAKE UP!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

but seriously the devs are aware. They do putter through our forums. Especially the lead dev. There are way higher priorities now than the merges being tweaked. they do happen. There is a large player base still in each world so its not all that bad. as for a list and dates of upcomings.... I dont even have that. They try new stuff and look for conflicts. If there are some then its put on hold till they can get it running fine. All I can say is have patience and wait. Honestly its probably sept or so at a guess for what you want. if you have 50+ diamonds in your account then I am sure if you left for a while and checked periodically then your account will be fine.
I don't think this is in the fine print...