1. Drop by the FOE Cafe!!

Stop by the Cafe! Grab a coffee, ask a question, join in the conversation and more! Find it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forge Questers

Don't forget to take part in this months Forge Questers for a chance to win 1000 diamonds here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Vikings in FoE? (Spoiler Section)

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DarkUros222, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Brigadier-General

Personally I'm hoping it's like a new side-quest area where we can end up building up various 'guest colonies' from across various historical eras?! ;)

Oooooh! Or better yet, what it;
    1. GvG gets obliterated via Exterminatus from high orbit.

2. This replaces the defunct GvG, but can function on an individual player basis, with pts that go towards an overall 'guild score' similar to GE.

3. This new 'colony' could then become THE true PvP element, with the ability to go all 'Murder Christmas' & brutally conquer everything in sight, and/or diplomatically trade resources with rival/allied guild players?!

2. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator Ingame Moderator

Hmm... How many events do you think they plan ahead of time? 'cause those look kinda Christmas like...…

3. bradype

bradype Emperor

Christmas town hall?

4. firestormfury

firestormfury Warrant Officer

Maybe they are just using FoE code for a completely new game. But too lazy to sandbox it. In that case I can't wait for Virtual Viking Future!

vikingraider1 likes this.
  5. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

6. Galladhorn

Galladhorn General

The buildings provided by DarkUrus222 seasm to be to big for a regular Event – Townhall, Roads, Houses, Blacksmith/Weasponssmith, Honey producer for "Mjød", Hides and the last one I do not know what it – perhaps the sheep header for wool. + a Ship – That is more or less all the basics for an Era minus the unit buildings. Either it could be a completely new kind and more prominent Event type or a new game section. Also as suggested a next part of VF - but I somehow doubt that, since these images do not provide any hints of VF – e.g the digital displays. Will in any case be interesting to see.

7. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

However, the fact that there is ship leads me to one conclusion.
    There will be new city which we will discover by sailing with the ship. Now, I don't know if that is true or not.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  8. bradype

bradype Emperor

What did Vikings do well?
    Raise sheeps-> wool and maybe a sheep caring game like city is built on batlefield and sheeps are walking around and you should keep them in your third of batlefield ane steal the enemy's.
    Drink-> silver coins kinda looks like tavern silver maybe tavern based feature.
    Sail-> take a ship and solve a continent map nbr 2.
    Raid-> real PVP with 30 vs 30 half auto battles and wreckage in Viking city.
    Expand (south of Italy, north west of France, all of England, south of Greenland, Iceland, north east of Canada and Scandinavia of course were all under Viking nations domination when they were the most powerful)-> collect Viking city expansions by destroying other Viking cities.
    Just analise Viking lifestyle to make weird suppositions.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    DarkUros222 likes this.
  9. Thomas Covenent

...So I have the full info on what this new 'Vikings' feature is.
    [youtube]

DarkUros222 and Erinne like this.
  10. Erinne

Erinne Warrant Officer

FoE crossover with School of Dragons?

11. Michael K.

Michael K. Major-General

I dunno.
    What has me stumped the the uniqueness of the Town Hall.
    Remember, all Town Halls in all worlds are the same.
    Why is this one different?
    Two cities in each city? A different city for GvG or GEx?
    No, and no. Two cities in each city is too much work. And Vikings against tanks?
    Hardly.
    No, the Town Hall is the key to the mystery.
    . . . . . mk

DarkUros222 likes this.
  12. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator Ingame Moderator

@Michael K. thats what had me thinking winter event possibility. Last year everything was covered in snow. Of course that didn't change the actual town hall beyond snow covering, but you never know.

DarkUros222 likes this.
  13. firestormfury

firestormfury Warrant Officer

I like the idea of having a second city somehow linked to the main city much more. Maybe instead of battles we can have dragon races or something too. :D

Migraine of Ord and DarkUros222 like this.
  14. Thomas Covenent

It could very likely be a second city, especially if Inno has decided to port the 'Fellowship Adventures' of Elvenar into an FoE version... (*cries in horror*)

DarkUros222 likes this.
  15. Mithrander

Mithrander Warrant Officer

Personally I like the idea of fixing the existing game and issues before they go any further forward :(

bradype likes this.
  16. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

Do you wish to wait whole eternity for them to fix all existing issues? I don't really want that :)

Migraine of Ord and Cursedveggie like this.
  17. Mithrander

Honestly, hell yes

They are becoming like Microsoft, instead of the fixing the issues, they only patch, that became apparently clear, when the last event launched, cause all the good work they had done was wiped out.

This is where we differentiate between those who actually care about the game and its longevity and those who are only interested in their own agendas

18. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

As long as I can play game without problems that would make it almost unplayable, I like it.

Cursedveggie likes this.
  19. Mithrander

As I said "This is where we differentiate between those who actually care about the game and its longevity and those who are only interested in their own agendas "

20. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

I actually do care about the game, but bugs are not the main reason players retire from FoE.
    Main reason is boredom, caused by lack of new content. Giving players some hype, like now, with something related to Vikings, and with recent releasing VF, is what keeps players playing it.
    For the time I am playing this game, I have encountered severe bugs only few times, and those were fixed.

Migraine of Ord likes this.