• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Vikings in FoE? (Spoiler Section)

DeletedUser113110

Reading through these and I am even more confused than before.
Anyone care to explain?

Shad23

Emperor
it's a setlement you help out to build you get prizes for doing the quests in the setlement , to get to setlment once it hits normal servers you'll have to clic on a boat in the lake next to tavern
bateau1-555d255.png
[/url ][/IMG]

Last edited:

DeletedUser114342

@TheKingOfKool , Um, I was thinking more in lines with the new 2x2 building you can get in the upcoming Viking settlements which will give you 2fps for the same space of a SOK. Unless I have the info wrong?

This post was replying to the post found here. It, and the 2 posts following were moved to our spoiler section as they are discussing beta content. Amy Steele

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a quick google on it - looks like those bldgs. have their own space that they can be built in. Not sure what & how that will work though.

Emberguard

Legend
@TheKingOfKool , Um, I was thinking more in lines with the new 2x2 building you can get in the upcoming Viking settlements which will give you 2fps for the same space of a SOK. Unless I have the info wrong?
Replying over here as this is in the Spoilers section.

You can't replace all your SoKs with the new 2x2 building. They're very limited in the amount you can obtain and it would take you at least 2 months to get the first kit. Which if you decide to go for a bunch of lvl 1's then you won't be able to upgrade them fully due to the limited amount you can obtain

DeletedUser

Replying over here as this is in the Spoilers section.

You can't replace all your SoKs with the new 2x2 building. They're very limited in the amount you can obtain and it would take you at least 2 months to get the first kit. Which if you decide to go for a bunch of lvl 1's then you won't be able to upgrade them fully due to the limited amount you can obtain
But I thought you could then start another settlement and get more?

DeletedUser113901

But I thought you could then start another settlement and get more?
A settlement can award you 9 selection kit pieces maximum (and it's close to impossible) and there are 5 levels, wich means 5 selection kits, wich means 75 selection kit pieces, wich means a minimum of 9 settlement, more likely to be more. A settlement can't be completed in 1 day (You could if you had a few hundred €/£/$ to spend per settlement but...). Getting a GRS to lvl 5 would require for the very least 5 month of dedication.

DeletedUser

Oh, so it's a time-based limit, as in, it's doable but it would take forever, not a hard limit.

DeletedUser113901

Cultures first, various other things then:
Audio in german but english subtitles

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah and after 15 settlements the reward is 50FPs

I have yet to see any indication that the runestone fragments for completing in a certain would be available. It's plausible they might be, but I wouldn't be planning around it until someone gets through 15 settlements to find out. (Or a definite is given from those with a beta admin tag)

DeletedUser113901

Yeah and after 15 settlements the reward is 50FPs

I have yet to see any indication that the runestone fragments for completing in a certain would be available. It's plausible they might be, but I wouldn't be planning around it until someone gets through 15 settlements to find out. (Or a definite is given from those with a beta admin tag)
The Yggdrasil can't be won after 15 settlements but the GRS still can.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Of course, odds are that by the time Vikings goes live and we can play through it enough times to get just our first Lv5 Greater Runestone, Egyptians at least will be out on beta and they'll probably have an even better secondary reward?! ;):P:P

DeletedUser113901

There has been some heavy balancing.
Good news:
  • Copper producing diplomacy buildings now work like production buildings.
  • Copper production from culture and residential buildings has been significantly increased (96 instead of 10 for shack!)
  • Goods buildings cost increase is linear, wich means you no longer get a copper penalty for producing in cycles of more than 4h.
  • Expansion costs have been reduced.
  • Tech costs have been reduced.
  • Starting copper has been increased from 500 to 5000.
Bad news:
  • Copper cost for goods have been increased.
  • Timed rewards expire faster.

DeletedUser96901

Bad news:
  • Timed rewards expire faster.
is also a good news
you can do it faster

so you can do more settlements and get more level 5 stones

good news:
  • Starting copper has been increased from 500 to 5000.
that is a fake news
is wasn't increased (correct would be the word "changed")

old one: 500 = 5 times 4 hours
new one: 5000 = 5 times 4 hours

so in both cases with the starting cooper amount you can do 5 times the 4 hours

Copper production from culture and residential buildings has been significantly increased (96 instead of 10 for shack!)
fake news
the shack has been decreased

96 if you need 1000 is less than 10 from 100

DeletedUser113901

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think I've found a possible abuse of this. You can easily finish quest 5 in 9h 10m (let's say 12h). Milestone reward for quest 5 is 20 FP. Cooldown between aborting a settlement is 24h. So you can turn the viking settlement into a machine that provides 20 FP every 36h. Can anybody go post that issue on β as I can't have a forum account there?

Agent327

Overlord
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think I've found a possible abuse of this. You can easily finish quest 5 in 9h 10m (let's say 12h). Milestone reward for quest 5 is 20 FP. Cooldown between aborting a settlement is 24h. So you can turn the viking settlement into a machine that provides 20 FP every 36h. Can anybody go post that issue on β as I can't have a forum account there?

They already know it.