• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Vikings in FoE? (Spoiler Section)

DeletedUser112892

The amount of players who have quit due to bugs is greater than you obviously realise
Those must be ones who really can't stand any bug.
"Ohh, my event building show goods being produced instead of Coins, I cannot stand that, I leave"
"I cannot stand GvG bugs" etc etc.
For now, I literally don't know any player that retired because of bugs, and I only know those who planned to retire or have retired because of:
  • Boredom;
  • Lack of free time.
Every game has bugs and literally no game is perfect in that terms. Many games have much bigger problems with bugs than FoE has.

DeletedUser

"I cannot stand GvG bugs" etc etc.
For now, I literally don't know any player that retired because of bugs

As you are obviously not a GvG player you would not notice the amount of players who have quit, in my main world alone loads quit.

DeletedUser112892

As you are obviously not a GvG player you would not notice the amount of players who have quit, in my main world alone loads quit.
I am not a GvG player yet necause I haven't raised my ZAC and Traz to goal level so I can actively play. Even when I reach those goals, as my guild is not that much into GvG, I will only ghost.
But, speaking from example of top 100 players, where only a few guys quit the game.

DeletedUser112892

Sorry, again you show your lack of knowledge here, we have lost many high ranking players
Langendorn hasn't.
Again, it is up to attitude of player. One player will enjoy playing game even with bugs, another is obe who has OCD and wants game to be completely bug free.
As I already stated, every single game has bugs, and I mean lot of them, some just remain uncovered.
If you have OCD and want game without bugs, then, sorry, you won't find any.

DeletedUser

Again, it is up to attitude of player. One player will enjoy playing game even with bugs, another is obe who has OCD and wants game to be completely bug free.
As I already stated, every single game has bugs, and I mean lot of them, some just remain uncovered.
If you have OCD and want game without bugs, then, sorry, you won't find any.

As has been proven the bugs can be fixed only to be broken again, so again the above is incorrect

DeletedUser112892

As has been proven the bugs can be fixed only to be broken again, so again the above is incorrect
You actually meant "Bug can only be fixed if another one can take it's place"?
And, what was incorrect in my last post, as I didn't mention fixing bugs in it?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The more I read about this on the beta forums, the less this seems to be anything to do a new GvG system...
More likely, this might be a port of Elvenar's 'guest races', but instead of being forced it'll be an optional element, and one that can be played over and over again to gain even more settlement quest rewards?!

The love-it-or-hate-it part will be if we need to use existing space within our cities, or else if we end up getting a new 'cultural settlement map' to work with.
Most cities are already overflowing as is, and with so many constant events, I highly doubt that many active players will want to demolish a large section of city for what looks to be a 'side-quest' type dealie... (especially if it ends up becoming a choice between being readily able to play in seasonal/special events vs. this new settlement thing)

At the very least, I'm at least lucky enough to be sitting on 56 store building kits just case I ever need them?! :P

Shad23

Emperor
just checked out that vikings thing on beta and looks to me like somthing only diamond buyers will use and get to full capacity

Galladhorn

Monarch
just checked out that vikings thing on beta and looks to me like somthing only diamond buyers will use and get to full capacity

...Not Accordingly to one of the YouTubes on FoE, this part game can be played without using Diamonds.
– Usually Diamonds are for those who can´t wait

DeletedUser98451

Having tried the vikings on beta i welcome it, anything new keeps the game fresh and although the current rewards dont look that impressive i'm sure many of us will engage with it. My only issue is the extra time required, speaking as a player with multiple cities i'm going to face the difficult choice of dumping cities in order to save time, not easy after years of building them. While the switch from manual aid certainly helped the tavern and DC's eat time and the vikings will do the same, maybe we're at a point where the devs need to come up with some form of mass aid and/or tavern visit

DeletedUser96901

...Not Accordingly to one of the YouTubes on FoE, this part game can be played without using Diamonds.
– Usually Diamonds are for those who can´t wait
correct with diamonds you are faster

so you get the 2nd buildings more often

the first building is unique and everybody will get it to the last level when he plays long enough

Shad23

Emperor
yeah right well they almost force you to use diamonds for expansions on your new litle city as to produce what you need to buy expansions you need space and you have practicly no space in that city for starters so i still think i'm right + there is no market to trade those vikings goods

DeletedUser96901

trading for what ?
you need a axes. b Mead c Horns and d Wool.
(don't forget to use the first produced goods to buy the 4 expansions which you can get for that good)
(the amount in the research is random and will be different in your next settlement)

so you produce
a axes after that b mead. then c horns and finally d wool

and trading would be abused. at the end you have much space so you can produce more
trade it to somebody else who is at the beginning of his settlement
and at the beginning of your settlement somebody else at the end of his would help you to be faster