• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.271 Feedback Thread

harold mouse

Corporal
I think this change is a big improvement. Yes, there is an unexpected side effect that it affects the selected army. Perhaps just that part of it can be switched off, but if not I think I will get used to it soon enough. In all honesty, I don't think it will be a handicap when one is used to it.

Galechade

Corporal
I would like to know exactly who the "you" is that requested the change to the Currently Selected Army troops. Those people obviously never fight in GVG or during the opening in GB where fighting is done as fast as possible.

joesoap

Major-General
the change asked for & requested made perfect sense but in Inno's usual style they implemented it in the worst way possible, sometimes its just better to live with minor annoyances than ask for them to be changed because then they have the potential to become major annoyances

Sattrega

Private
What a shambles this is.

The damaged troops should be behind the healthy troops in the Unselected Army ONLY and not in the Selected Army. I mean, come on, it's not rocket science here.

This has caused a total nightmare in the opening of the new GbG round, especially in races. At the very least give us an option to turn this off as you can with the Stacked Units.

What a shambles this is.

The damaged troops should be behind the healthy troops in the Unselected Army ONLY and not in the Selected Army. I mean, come on, it's not rocket science here.

This has caused a total nightmare in the opening of the new GbG round, especially in races. At the very least give us an option to turn this off as you can with the Stacked Units.
Agreed, now that GBG has started it's even more obvious it's a total pain in the butt. I bet mobile users can't wait to have this downgrade.

Puablo

Corporal
Given it a few days of fighting, and this is worse than ever. Now takes for ever to select the troops, as we keep ending up in the partly used ones or those recovering. If I was fighting with 2 plus 6 rogues, i was always aware that the used/injured troops were at the end of their 'type', so could allow a little and select what was wanted. Now, there are so many injured troops in the same area I am halfway up the bar to find usable ones.
Go back to what we had. Hide in injured/damaged/badly used ones out of screen shot all together, they only matter if you have less than 20 of the troop anyway, then they would stay at the end of the line - showing you were running out. i.e. if you have 2000 of one type, you will never need any of the injured troops!
Get real and spend your time making the game changes we want, not getting the easy payments from doing rubbish changes. You should take some of the hard earned diamonds back off them.

harold mouse

Corporal
Given it a few days of fighting, and this is worse than ever. Now takes for ever to select the troops, as we keep ending up in the partly used ones or those recovering. If I was fighting with 2 plus 6 rogues, i was always aware that the used/injured troops were at the end of their 'type', so could allow a little and select what was wanted. Now, there are so many injured troops in the same area I am halfway up the bar to find usable ones.
Go back to what we had. Hide in injured/damaged/badly used ones out of screen shot all together, they only matter if you have less than 20 of the troop anyway, then they would stay at the end of the line - showing you were running out. i.e. if you have 2000 of one type, you will never need any of the injured troops!
Get real and spend your time making the game changes we want, not getting the easy payments from doing rubbish changes. You should take some of the hard earned diamonds back off them.
You will find the uninjured troops at the beginning of the bar every time. This actually make fighting faster. The only question I had concerned the ordering of troops in the selected army, which I had not expected to change. After 600 fights in GBG I think this actually makes it a little faster too, because the troops I want to replace are closer together. I think Inno have done a good job on this one, and any complaints I have seen have been due to the need to learn to adapt to the change. Ability to adapt is part of the game.

It's much easier and faster now with all the wounded units out of view.
But I guess it's because I always fight with 8 of the same type of unit, and I no longer use rogues in the army. And I stack the units.
I switch between 2 types of units and they are always on the top of the list now, stacked.
No need to use the selection tabs anymore or hunt for healthy units somewhere down the list. And no clutter of wounded units on top of the list.
That's pretty nice. And it makes switching units much faster.
I have no need to see my wounded units. Let them heal in peace, tucked away somewhere among all my outdated rogues. They'll jump to the top when they are fresh and fit for fight.
True though, as it's already been said, it should have been a "show/hide wounded units" button, not a push to the bottom.

Last edited:

Mark Bromham

Private
What an absolute mess this new stacking of unit. There's no set pattern as to where the injured troops appear when you have a mix, amongst your Rogues... arrghhhh! Makes quick fighting almost unplayable. I never ever comment on anything, but this has been the worst update ever and I am always a Happy Forger. But honestly, it's almost unplayable hunting around for an injured unit to replace, that could appear anywhere within those 8 allocated slots :(

Deleted member 127677

100% agree and devs should take a long hard look at what they’re doing when the best option is to create a button to inactivate a change they’ve made. Consider what people are asking for and if you decide to implement it, do it in a way that actually makes sense.

Deleted member 127677

I switch between 2 types of units and they are always on the top of the list now, stacked.
I don’t, and even if I did, the DA shows first (which it shouldn’t), then the wrong troop first, then the one I might use 8 of but I never do, I always mix it with rogues and occasionally may bring in something else. The stacking feature has been turned off since the day it was launched for the same cack handed implementation reason this new ‘improvement’ should be rowed back. If the feature suits only one type of army selection, why have 5-10 different troops to begin with? Just make them all the same and we have solved the problem in one go.

the DA shows first (which it shouldn’t)
Agree. But I've fixed that by not having any DA. Let the attackers get the few rank points they get from attacking the default 2 spearfighters. And if I get plundered, it's my own fault for not collecting on time.
But sure, need a show/hide option for the DA as well as the wounded units.

Last edited:

Gorroth

Private
So to sum it all up. Those that use rogues hate it, those that don't use rogues love it.
It's not just the people who use rogues. Many examples have been provided in this very thread.

If the intent was to piss off a good chunk of your customer base, then mission accomplished.

The dev team should strongly consider adding a "toggle" feature to this new "improvement". If they can't, they should revert the changes ASAP. As a guild leader, I'm not happy having some of my best fighters have their gameplay be so affected that they're considering to quit the game.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I like the change, it speeds up the switching in both selection and selected army windows. It felt a bit weird in the selected army window at first but I got used to it quite fast.
Agreed once you have rewired your Brain to work in reverse its a great change

Deleted member 127677

So to sum it all up. Those that use rogues hate it, those that don't use rogues love it.
‘Love’ seems a bit of an overstatement from two people saying they ‘like it’ and one other saying they find it easier and faster. Not sure ‘hate’ is the way I personally feel about it either. Try somewhere between dismayed and outraged, the chosen army window works fine so no need to tinker with it. If devs want to tinker with the stacks on army selection, feel free, as long as I have the option to not use it, as is the case now. As others have said, first play the game, then tinker with stuff if there is an improvement or quality of life issue at stake. With the army selected window, neither is the case.

harold mouse

Corporal
Not really. I use rogues and I love that I can always select rogues from the same place, without having to search for them among injured troops, and I don't ever have to change tab to find them. After a very short time to get used to it I also think deselecting troops is quicker now. There is much more benefit when using my rogue army than when using my alternate army of all fast.

Taffy540

Private
This is the biggest stuff up since trying to boot the towers. When you are a fighter, do quests that require it or battlefields and the ge it's stuffed up the ease and speed you need for repetitive battles. It might help beginners with 5 troops but seasoned players will all hate it. 9 years playing and being happy with battle structure of troops first then rogues, you could mix and match and replace damaged troops Wirth a glance. You now have to stop and look closely at each battle. My comfort in playing is reduced, my enjoyment of 5 battles between troop changes is gone as every dot you loose changes the unit order. It is aweful and needs reverting to the original format in an update NOW!

Galechade

Corporal
So instead of working on Raids to make it playable, the devs are screwing around with other parts of the game to try to keep us all distracted. What a poor way to run a gaming business.