• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.271 Feedback Thread

I don't get why some of you hate stacked units so much.
With units stacked and the new sorting with wounded units out of sight, you have all healthy units of all types right at hand on the top of the list. You can see how many units you have left, and the units stay in the same position on the list all the time.
It's extremely easier and faster to select the units you want in the army than it was before with wounded units cluttering the top of the list.

stacked.jpg

But sure, if you want to use rogues, it's pretty annoying to have to look for them somehwere down the list or click on the No Age tab. I suppose the No Age tab is faster than looking for them on the list where they don't stay in the same position.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The inventory area is not the problem. I am sure the new sorting helps there very much.

The problem is in the 8 selected units playing musical chairs with each other after every fight! If you use 2-3 different kinds of troops in battles, its a disaster. If all players do is fight with 8 fast units or 8 artillery all day long, they won't even notice the problem because the unit sort is not in play and the injured were always to the right regardless. Everyone who uses mixed troop kinds has to deal with the injured sorting all over the place after EVERY fight, and it's ri-donk-ulous (aka ridiculous with emphasis)
1702244771510.png

Absinthia

Private
With units stacked and the new sorting with wounded units out of sight, you have all healthy units of all types right at hand on the top of the list. You can see how many units you have left, and the units stay in the same position on the list all the time.
It's extremely easier and faster to select the units you want in the army than it was before with wounded units cluttering the top of the list.

View attachment 25384

But sure, if you want to use rogues, it's pretty annoying to have to look for them somehwere down the list or click on the No Age tab. I suppose the No Age tab is faster than looking for them on the list where they don't stay in the same position.
most players dont hate stacked units or wounded reserves sorted after healthy ones. the issue is with the sorting of the 8 active units, it becomes a mess. and it has nothing to do with using rouges or not. in fact rouges are easier as they stand out compared to other units. it gets worse the more categories of units being used.
if active units were sorted after category, not health, it would all be fine. then they would be in the relative same position, easy and fast to deselect.

Last edited:

Shoahey

Private
Happy Friday, Forgers! Our changelog for Monday's update is ready for your perusal here. As usual, leave any comments below!
Please can you explain to me why troops from Space Age Venus is losing to Space Age Asteroid Troops? Also, why is it that every GE it gets harder and harder to pass Level 4. Losing eight battles on one section in Level 4 when the previous GE I completed with no issues, is not something to laugh at.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Please can you explain to me why troops from Space Age Venus is losing to Space Age Asteroid Troops? Also, why is it that every GE it gets harder and harder to pass Level 4. Losing eight battles on one section in Level 4 when the previous GE I completed with no issues, is not something to laugh at.
Depends on a few things:
* your attack boosts compared to the opponents
* whether or not you are using the right troops
* most important of all, LUCK. If the opponent's Keen Eye triggers more often than that of your troops, you can lose a battle you would have won otherwise

Without more information we can't offer more help than this, as we have no way to know what you're doing wrong.

Timeshift

Private
I'm really loving the new troop selection screen and I'm a fast fighter. Now there's no trade-off between using rogues and using all the same units - it's as fast to play with a mixed army as a single-unit army. I really hope we stay with the new arrangement. It will make it more fun for weaker players as they can select artillery plus flyers quickly, which will be good for them. Some people seem to hate it, others love it. I think it just takes a bit of getting used to, just like troop stacking did.

Having had this change in Beta, the army pool (troops at the bottom that actually stack) change is great but there is an unintended change in "selected army" which is about enough to make me want to hang this game up. While the stack part is great.... for those of us who don't fight with 8 of the same troop this is a disaster. I tried to explain to a few folks why this was bad but they didn't get it. Wait until you try to fight with it. Chasing troops around that top selection screen ... arrgh
View attachment 25366
I agree this change is a nightmare. I fight with 2 Grenadiers & 6 rogues, now they are all mixed up & i cannot easily see if the grenadiers are healthy or even still there. This is awkward & slow.

Deleted member 127677

Now got this on iPad after that update. Trying to race GbG with normal setup of 2-3 troops and rest rogues results in more losses of troops, as you have to forget the damaged ones (or you just miss them) when switching, just to get at least some filled troops into the selection. I’ve also hit fights with only rogues several times. The change is awful!

=CRS

Private
With my visual disability I just replace my two troops on the far left, but my Hoovers are arranged by health so when I think I am replacing a rogue I am actually adding a rogue and then two and then my army is dead,after many full armies disappeared I found some help from a friend and we finally figured out what you have done to me. We can’t find a toggle on/off switch for this! Hopefully they come out with a fix for people that have a handicap of being visually impaired. I have written support and waiting for a response but already know what the answer will be. Hope for the best 2024

Gorroth

Private
To me, the most annoying part is the announcement: "We heard your feedback and made some adjustments to the way units are displayed in the army management".

I don't know what the devs heard or if they heard anything. Many people complained about this in beta but they still brought it to live. Now, many people complain about it, both on the forums and in-game, but it'll likely remain as is.

Why the devs keep on wanting to reduce the enjoyment people (still) get out of this game is beyond me. You'd think the poor SAT units, GBG changes and tiresome events would be enough for this year but they had to add an extra layer of misery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blizzard23

Private
every passing day inno insists on making the game worse and worse. roll back the army stack update pls.

To me, the most annoying part is the announcement: "We heard your feedback and made some adjustments to the way units are displayed in the army management".

I don't know what the devs heard or if they heard anything. Many people complained about this in beta but they still brought it to live. Now, many people complain about it, both on the forums and in-game, but it'll likely remain as is.

Why the devs keep on wanting to reduce the enjoyment people (still) get out of this game is beyond me. You'd think the poor SAT units, GBG changes and tiresome events would be enough for this year but they had to add an extra layer of misery.
i wish there was a dislike button for all these 'great' changes inno pushes down our throats. what even in the name of feedback.

Galechade

Corporal
Just have a look at how many devs there are. Those working on Raids are not working on other game parts at the moment.
That's my point. Here we all sit waiting for Raids, and yet it still hasn't even hit Beta for testing. Maybe they need to get everyone working on Raids to provide the product they said was coming. Will testing even begin before the end of the year? Shall we make bets on whether that even happens?

Exactly whose feedback was listened to that Inno made some adjustments to the way units are displayed in the army management? Every server I have access to, and Beta are all complaining about this change and wanting to be able to turn it off. Its a total joke when changing maps in GVG. But I know, I know, GVG is getting killed so nothing matters there any more. Just another aggravation to us long time players that Inno doesn't care about. Maybe they should have created a better mobile app so they could put GVG on it before they released it. Now there's a bizarre thought.

Absinthia

Private
Everybody's feedback on the subject.

Nothing strange there. Those that do not like it are much more likely to react than those that do.

just because people does not complain does not mean that they do like it.
you have gotten feedback on the subject right in this here thread, so what are you going to do about it!?

Absinthia

Private
It does not mean they don't like it either. It works both ways.

Forward the feedback. Nothing more I CAN do about it.
THIS is why FOE is getting less and less enjoyable, critique being stonewalled by unsubstantiated assumptions. one might wonder what message is actually being forwarded. obviously i was asking what the dev team are going to do about it, not YOU!

=CRS

Private

And this implemented after they brought forward the ability to stack units.. but only healthy units, you still annoyingly have to look at half dead troops for whatever reason. There is a bigger picture we have not seen yet, nothing is done now that won’t generate the possibility of more diamonds being spent. I am thinking that in the confusion of trying to find troops switch troops, where are my troops, people are hitting the heap button more. I expressed that I have a disability with eyesight but they have no default , no toggle back to the way it was. I Hope for the best in 2024

Absinthia

Private
Nothing unsubstantiated about it. I can show you messages where people state they made a forum account just cause they did not like the changes made. Can you even show one message where people say they joined the forum just to say how much they like the change?

Nobody here can answer you that. We will know when and if an announcement on the subject is made.
i was referring to your expressed assumption that those who do not complain are just as likely to approve. but you are bringing us way of topic, so lets stop this now.

Deleted member 127677

What I said was that those who like it are less likely to react than those who don't
I am replying to this one rather than the several of same content I saw above. It is utter nonsense for mods to assume that just because people voice a negative opinion, they are in a small minority. Exactly like it is utter nonsense to think that if someone voices a positive opinion, they are in a minority. Now please check that assumption, because it does read like ‘you said something negative so you’re just here to do that, most other people are happy so we went with their (unstated) opinion since they are not here saying anything’. All you needed to do was go to the newly created Discord where I said the same thing as I did here, and surprise, there were some saying they liked it, but a majority didn’t. It was forwarded as feedback within an hour. Of the 10k people who supposedly registered as users, some further people have spoken up since, and it’s not an overwhelmingly positive addition, nor is it much more negative either. It is simply that, mostly negative feedback, with additional issues for players. All you need to do is say, will forward this. Don’t take issue with people.

Deleted member 127677

View attachment 25402

Juber: "You have to keep in mind, that way more come to the forum to complain than to praise something
Knight: "Those that do not like it are much more likely to react than those that do."

Spot the differences.
I know he said that. And maybe you should have read my response as well. More importantly, maybe you should have seen what he also said about this upgrade - it wasn’t going to break the game, so they saw no issue letting it go from beta to live. Again, not exact quote, since I don’t remember the exact words. But either way, he admitted that they either did not forward the feedback given on beta or It was ignored. And before you remove this post because it mentions any moderation anywhere, do please note that you brought it up above yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_2763.jpeg
    IMG_2763.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 24