• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.72

DeletedUser4727

Please find the full announcement here.

We hope you enjoy the update and its changes!

DeletedUser5180

After visiting a player's city through the contribution list for a Great Building, upon returning to your own city, the global ranking page was open. You'll now have an unobstructed view of your city.

this is much needed, hopefully it will also be an end to the many game crashes when returning from another players gb

the link on the announcement to this thread gives a '404 not found' error

Last edited by a moderator:

joesoap

Major-General
The Trumpet Icon in the panel on the right side of the screen will now disappear once a notification has been read, as long as the player has confirmed their email address.

if i had to pick 1 then i would rather keep the trumpet & get rid of the announcement message in my inbox once i have read it

tashinsha

Private
Looks like some nice updates. Thanks. Though I find the wording of the one update a bit humorous: "Sometimes during the day, the connection to the chat server would be lost. You will now be immediately reconnected". I think it was faithfully every 4 hours, not just sometimes :). But good to know its being fixed.

Vesiger

Monarch
The notifications for neighborhood merges were missing. You'll now be informed again when new neighbors arrive.
I've never seen a notification about a neighbourhood merge - how long has this been 'missing' for?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Want to know what else is going on? The upcoming historical Event about Yuri Gagarin has already started on Beta and we'd appreciate your feedback to give it the final polishing.

Upcoming event? Are we not currently in a Easter event

how many events xD

I want a break D:

DeletedUser99363

Foe announced a while back moer 1 week 10/11 quest type events coming more often to keep peeps going between ages, it wil not happen at same time as easter, they never run more then 1 event at a time. For me i am fine with more bring it keeps me doing something.

IF you don't like them then simply skip them

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
next update, please buff the Shrine of inspiration, it's really the worst shrine cause of it's size and 2 day wait

all it gives is one bp, that's nothing

DeletedUser2989

if i had to pick 1 then i would rather keep the trumpet & get rid of the announcement message in my inbox once i have read it

Same thought I had, at least there is a little bit less "duplication" of announcements...

how many events xD

I want a break D:

I have to admit I'm feeling a bit similar, so many events have come that I'm a bit worn out doing them lol. I guess I haven't "needed" to finish these extra historical ones but 2 things drive me to do them, I like reading the "story" that the quests provide and I compulsively try to finish as many quests as I can. :)

Oh and the possibility of winning some few diamonds from the odd event quest helps... But still we've had so many events that I've missed 2-3 and not cared.

Overall not much to say about this update, nothing to complain about and nothing that gets me excited for it.

DeletedUser106696

how many events xD

I want a break D:

Well, if that new event goes live the way it was in Beta, you'd be spending between 100 and 200 goods (negotiate a secor) for the pleasure of receiving a single victory tower at the end ...LOL !!!
Somehow I'm grateful to Inno that this has such a rubbish prize, so there's no penalty in skipping it.

DeletedUser6065

Goremise: The last bit of info from Inno (hee hee), is that a planned 6 historical events are planned (we have done 2). Figure in the other 'regular' events (Valentine/Easter/Summer/Halloween/Winter), and 2016 will see ~1 event per month.
. . . . mk

DeletedUser106696

Goremise: The last bit of info from Inno (hee hee), is that a planned 6 historical events are planned (we have done 2). Figure in the other 'regular' events (Valentine/Easter/Summer/Halloween/Winter), and 2016 will see ~1 event per month.
. . . . mk

I think we have done 3 already (Columbus, MLK, and Leap)... or do you mean 6 per year?

DeletedUser108379

I think there are too many events now.

And please, the quests of an event should not force the player to buy a sector, it should at least always give the possibility of fighting for it. (The fighting could also be obligatory)

DeletedUser6065

I think we have done 3 already (Columbus, MLK, and Leap)... or do you mean 6 per year?
I'm gonna say Columbus doesn't count, as was last year. Also, look at the wallpaper for these event announcements to discern the 6 areas that will be touched upon.
Hopefully, this will be the only year they do this many events. (My opinion).
There have been past years where a special event has snuck in (ie: Soccer Event for last World Cup in 2014), but never this many.
. . . mk

DeletedUser653

Well, if that new event goes live the way it was in Beta, you'd be spending between 100 and 200 goods (negotiate a secor) for the pleasure of receiving a single victory tower at the end ...LOL !!!
Somehow I'm grateful to Inno that this has such a rubbish prize, so there's no penalty in skipping it.
Sorry Wife but i really like my victory towers and got my beta one already :)

DeletedUser106696

Sorry Wife but i really like my victory towers and got my beta one already :)

Well, if you have lots of them, fair enough ;) But keep in mind that in this event we talk about a single tower as prize.

I suppose it also depends on game style, i.e. whether you engage in PvP and/or GvG. In my main world a single victory tower would be approx. 3-4 % of my weekly medal haul, paid for by 60 PME, 60 ME and 60 PE goods (acquire sector peacefully). To me that's just too expensive to be worth considering.

DeletedUser1094

I'm unable to enter any world after the update!
Loading stops between 51% - 55% at all worlds.

After a refresh & restart following error occur : ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
when trying to connect to en.forgeofempires.com