• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.70

DeletedUser108179

The last two changes have made the game worse. freezing is common feature, GvG becomes a nightmare, the 70% bug is back, even "System error main cannot load" (?!?), everything is ages slower than before.
And NO, it is not my internet, same at 100 Mbps dedicated office connection, at home, and mobile WiFi. Even using multiple networks simultaneously does not help. This is not only a coding issue, it is server capacity as well. At peak times when EUR or US "wakes up", don't even try to open the message board. Turning circles and shield/swords everywhere to stare at.
The best game and graphics don't help - if the game can't be played. Your developers should play, no "Inhouse" via LAN cable to server. They should face the music and waiting time from elsewhere - then they would know. Maybe they can figure then that players don't want to stare longer at loading screens rather than being able to actually play the game.

DeletedUser5180

The last two changes have made the game worse. freezing is common feature, GvG becomes a nightmare, the 70% bug is back, even "System error main cannot load" (?!?), everything is ages slower than before.
And NO, it is not my internet, same at 100 Mbps dedicated office connection, at home, and mobile WiFi. Even using multiple networks simultaneously does not help. This is not only a coding issue, it is server capacity as well. At peak times when EUR or US "wakes up", don't even try to open the message board. Turning circles and shield/swords everywhere to stare at.
The best game and graphics don't help - if the game can't be played. Your developers should play, no "Inhouse" via LAN cable to server. They should face the music and waiting time from elsewhere - then they would know. Maybe they can figure then that players don't want to stare longer at loading screens rather than being able to actually play the game.

posts like this need to be put out into the public domain, if inno see players coming out en masse in public to complain they must surely act as it will be detrimental to them in their current strategy of 'lets take the easy route, ignore the many problems,forget the loyal existing players and attempt to entice new players'

joesoap

Major-General
we are now getting announcements ingame & thats not really a bad thing but why do we need a message taking up a space in our inbox & an icon on the right hand side

DeletedUser

we are now getting announcements ingame & thats not really a bad thing but why do we need a message taking up a space in our inbox & an icon on the right hand side
Yes; if we are to be subjected to yet another thread which we cannot delete, can we please at the very least get rid of the trumpet icon in the buffer bar, especially when the message has been read? Stupid.

DeletedUser6065

When I hovered over it in East Nag, it said it was the Eternal Tree of Love.
** I am not making this up.**

The announcement itself is pretty funny -
'We removed some annoying bugs!'.

. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The announcement itself is pretty funny -
'We removed some annoying bugs!'.

. . . . mk
Hahahahaha :D You know, the irony was lost on me until you mentioned it! Brilliant.

Also, I have the announcement in one world and not in another... do you only receive the announcement once depending on where you login? That's potentially less annoying but seems too intuitive to be intentional for Inno game designers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106918

I can only agree that not being able to delete the message is stupid. I assume it's automatically removed after some time, but really, it's just taking up space until then. I don't need it after having read it. Let me delete it when I want to.

Also, the message itself is absolutely useless. Just...
  • We have introduced several improvements to the game interface
  • We removed some annoying bugs!
Thanks a ton for this incredibly informative change log. Sure is worthy of that message slot.

DeletedUser2989

Yes; if we are to be subjected to yet another thread which we cannot delete, can we please at the very least get rid of the trumpet icon in the buffer bar, especially when the message has been read? Stupid.

I'd actually prefer it the other way around, get rid of the "Announcement Message" in the message center and keep the trumpet icon in the bar. I don't mind going to that bar and clicking on it (that actually grabs my attention faster than the one in the message center which is important for announcements to do) and find that having it duplicated in the message center over the top. I know that would probably be harder than dropping the icon and just keeping the message center one but to me would work better.

It was a nice change, just not as good as it could have been in my opinion. :)

DeletedUser99438

I'd actually prefer it the other way around, get rid of the "Announcement Message" in the message center and keep the trumpet icon in the bar. I don't mind going to that bar and clicking on it (that actually grabs my attention faster than the one in the message center which is important for announcements to do) and find that having it duplicated in the message center over the top. I know that would probably be harder than dropping the icon and just keeping the message center one but to me would work better.

Aye it'd be really nice if you could stop adding fixed messages to our messaging system, unless we have a choice as a guild to remove them!

DeletedUser

Yes, I agree, ideally the Announcements would not be in our message centre at all and it would be an elegant change if it could just be accessed from clicking on the trumpet icon in the buffer bar; but at the same time, the trumpet would need to disappear once you have read the announcement and not left lingering there. My point was I think it should be a notification and link to an 'unread' announcement, not a permanent redirect to the announcements. That wouldn't belong in the buffer bar.

DeletedUser106918

It also makes the inbox flash after every login, signalling new messages, even if there aren't any new actual messages.

DeletedUser5180

I can only agree that not being able to delete the message is stupid. I assume it's automatically removed after some time, but really, it's just taking up space until then. I don't need it after having read it. Let me delete it when I want to.

Thanks a ton for this incredibly informative change log. Sure is worthy of that message slot.

should it not read......
  • Which has created some annoying bugs!

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

Thanks for your feedback about the new announcement feature. I've already fed your comments and requests back about the ability to remove the icon from the buff bar/message center, as well as the possibility of the message center being expanded, so the announcement thread doesn't take up valuable message real estate.

Thanks also for this. I'll look to try and make the announcements a little more informative in future. In truth, one of the main reasons the announcement tool was used was for us to test the functionality across our live servers, not just the Beta where it has been for a couple of weeks. The announcements themselves will always be 'short and sweet' in nature, but I agree that more information could have been imparted with this particular announcement.

Thanks,
Richard

DeletedUser108179

should it not read......
  • Which has created some annoying bugs!
How about
  • We have attempted few game-worsening changes to the interface
  • Which we succeeded with by having increased the number of bugs

DeletedUser97018

Can we have a visible (i.e. not tiny and faint grey) motivate/polish star back too?

can we please?
(also those Zzz are just meh, but at least they're visible!)

also while you're at it, do smtn about browser issues, ie. loading to 100% without needing to wait 5 mins at 67%, not freezing during the battles - esp now that you made it as the most important part of the game for getting some points, get that sensitivity to lower level - it was almost fine before...
with all these new changes, i really appreciate the game how it used to be
how sad is that? :(

DeletedUser96745

In truth, one of the main reasons the announcement tool was used was for us to test the functionality across our live servers, not just the Beta where it has been for a couple of weeks.

Welcome to forums, I know you are new around here, but bolded word should not be mentioned here :)

DeletedUser16026

Welcome to forums, I know you are new around here, but bolded word should not be mentioned here :)
The forum rules were changed a while back to allow mentions of beta. :) Especially when it comes to game changes and bugs, it's informative to point out that it's already been implemented/fixed there.