• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.70

DeletedUser5180

• Some small improvements to the tutorial have been introduced in order to improve new players experience.
the tutorial was cover in previous updates, how many improvements are needed.?
  • Player context menu has been added to the Event History window. You can now directly interact with other players from your Event History.
Not needed, we can interact from 3 different social bars and also global ranking
  • Animation was added to the completed quests checkmarks.
Another thing to slow down city activity
  • We've made some technical changes to improve the performance of the game (and we plan to do more of these in the nearest future!).
What specific parts of the game performance will this update improve?

DeletedUser16026

What specific parts of the game performance will this update improve?
We can check on Monday, at this time we can't give a more detailed answer, sorry.

ETA: The improvements are highly technical - general background cleanup, code smell removal, changes to system requests, etc. Thus they're also general improvements and do not necessarily affect specific parts of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

• Player context menu has been added to the Event History window. You can now directly interact with other players from your Event History.
Not needed, we can interact from 3 different social bars and also global ranking
Actually, I like this change alot (though it's mainly for other worlds). When you send friend requests, if a player accepts it while you're offline, it's hard to find him to aid him in the social bar, so now I can immediately visit them from that event in the event history. Likewise for any new member that joins your guild. Additionally, there are times I would want to message a member that left the guild in which these menus will make it easier to message than searching their name on global.

DeletedUser5180

Actually, I like this change alot (though it's mainly for other worlds). When you send friend requests, if a player accepts it while you're offline, it's hard to find him to aid him in the social bar, so now I can immediately visit them from that event in the event history. Likewise for any new member that joins your guild. Additionally, there are times I would want to message a member that left the guild in which these menus will make it easier to message than searching their name on global.
I see where your coming from and while one player (me, in this case) may not think there will be any benefit to them it may be a great feature to many others.

I personally wish that ALL new features were suspended, including tutorials, bronze age buildings, animations, messaging etc etc and the devs gave 100% of their time to fixing gvg issues, mainly the lag which makes it unplayable sometimes.

DeletedUser5180

I see where your coming from and while one player (me, in this case) may not think there will be any benefit to them it may be a great feature to many others.

I personally wish that ALL new features were suspended, including tutorials, bronze age buildings, animations, messaging etc etc and the devs gave 100% of their time to fixing gvg issues, mainly the lag which makes it unplayable sometimes.
Loading times are incredibly slow since the update with many attempts to play freezing at 67%

BUT I have not changed anything on my Lappy and gvg seems to have improved especially the first few minutes after reset

DeletedUser105304

Having loading problems as well - Win10, Firefox, Flash up to date. Cash cleared etc etc

I read an article once which said web sites that were having bandwidth problems could alter the number of login attempts required before you got access to the site - ??

Also having graphic problems eg - motivating in some cities mot stars show before buildings appear, game can lock when trying to add FP to a GB etc

DeletedUser5180

im needing at least 2
reloads to get past the 67% hang then scrolling in my city where the roads have not even loaded is next to impossible without another reload... so after 3 or 4 load attempts its finally off the the map, and a freeze there means going through the same
thing all over again

DeletedUser12400

Exactly!

DeletedUser

Forge of empire always freezes, but it's more down to the web browser people use.

DeletedUser97018

yes, it must be...
not like i could fight on GvG few days ago and had to refresh "only" after 17th fight or so
now i can't fight even in my hood coz after my aprox 3rd move game freezes
good thing i can take my time there
coz after each refresh i need to wait for what seems to be ages, as the game is stuck somewhere between 67%-70%
but you're right, i must've changed my browser and my internet provider and probably using worse pc then before and nevest update has nothing to do with my NEW problems....
oh yes, forgot about missing roads too - so you wait for minutes then it finally loads, then if it bothers you that you can't see the roads (yes, it bothers me), you need to reload again and probably at least once again... until you decide to fight and then...................
edit: just to let you know i went to open G world on the begining of writing this post, and once done thought it to be finished
it took me at least 3 mins to do this in a nice and polite way and it is still stuck on 69% :rolleyes:
and yes i know i should reload again, but do i really need to reload several times just to start playing?!?
oh and guess what? no roads loaded

DeletedUser5180

yes, it must be...
not like i could fight on GvG few days ago and had to refresh "only" after 17th fight or so
now i can't fight even in my hood coz after my aprox 3rd move game freezes
good thing i can take my time there
coz after each refresh i need to wait for what seems to be ages, as the game is stuck somewhere between 67%-70%
but you're right, i must've changed my browser and my internet provider and probably using worse pc then before and nevest update has nothing to do with my NEW problems....
oh yes, forgot about missing roads too - so you wait for minutes then it finally loads, then if it bothers you that you can't see the roads (yes, it bothers me), you need to reload again and probably at least once again... until you decide to fight and then...................
edit: just to let you know i went to open G world on the begining of writing this post, and once done thought it to be finished
it took me at least 3 mins to do this in a nice and polite way and it is still stuck on 69% :rolleyes:
and yes i know i should reload again, but do i really need to reload several times just to start playing?!?
oh and guess what? no roads loaded

that sums up exactly how it works (or doesn't work) for me atm

perhaps you should edit your signature and add on......... (after a few reloads)

Forge of empire always freezes, but it's more down to the web browser people use.
nonsense, i'm using exactly the same EVERYTHING as before the update and was not suffering the loading problems, no roads and constant freezes previously that i'm getting now.

DeletedUser5180

so this morning I was in the process of donating a large amount of fps to a players gb where my total investment would have seen me make a loss of only 20fps to gain 5 bps.... I will say now that I reloaded just before starting to donate.

during donating which is a very simple process the game froze so had to reload, after the usual couple of attempts to reload and hanging at 67% i finally got to my city, had to wait at least a minute to do anything and when I got back to the players city find another player has now donated the amount I was intending to donate (this player was not even on the donaters list when I started)

I'm now down 120 fps due to the game freezing which is a total joke. this update was supposed to improve game performance but has made it far worse. Previously the main issue for me was gvg lag, now simple tasks are near impossible making this game a total joke.

what is the point in developers spending all their time on tutorials, jazzing up bronze age and fooling about with animated green ticks on quest givers when the new players they are trying to entice will soon give up playing due to the sloppiness of the actual game performance.

this post will be repeated on the inno youtube tv page as its about time these issues became public

EDIT: as stated above this post has been put onto the current youtube tv issue with some additional content

I was going to do the same on the FoE blog found here but notice the comments are turned of on the latest offering

why have a blog and turn comments off unless of course there is players criticising the games performance and inno do not want this public.

Censored Social Media to disguise a shocking level of customer service is as low as it gets

DeletedUser99170

No not censoring, but guiding the blog readers questions into a new feature called: Ask Rangu. FoE blog quote:

You can submit your questions here: ask-ragu@cm.innogames.com

Note: Please submit you questions only via email and in English.

DeletedUser5180

No not censoring, but guiding the blog readers questions into a new feature called: Ask Rangu. FoE blog quote:

You can submit your questions here: ask-ragu@cm.innogames.com

Note: Please submit you questions only via email and in English.

I do not want to ask ragu a question, sending an email will not achieve my post being available for public reading, I want to post on the blog on the most recent entry which is January 1016 and not the next previous one which is almost 8 months old from July 2015 and will not be read....
as previously posted I am unable to do this as the comments are turned off

anyways, I contacted support and was told this may be a minor bug which they are unable to replicate.

so the mod who answered me can play the game without it ever crashing and can load the game at will without it ever hanging at 67%..... either that or having a support team is pointless as they cannot admit to the games problems

UPDATE: a further reply from support has told me its all my own fault for not clearing my cache.

I wonder how countless other (far more complex programs) manage to run on my system without me constantly clearing my cache.? Still the mod who answered my ticket has followed inno policy and blamed it on the player so its pat on the back for a job well done on their part and move onto the next ticket where a standard 'clear your cache' reply will suffice also.

no wonder the game does not improve when player concerns are not taken seriously

a typical login is as follows............

attempt 1 - freeze at 67%

attempt 2 - freeze at 83%

attempt 3 - success, perhaps wait one minute for city (minus roads) and event history to load.

click on close in event window and get taken to the players city whos profile on the social bar is below the close button (alternatively I can click the X at the top right and open the great building that is behind the X button.

once I return from the players city I didn't want to visit or close the great building I didn't want to open i'm ready to play (thanks inno for collecting the supplies from behind the event window that I perhaps didn't want to collect yet)

now I have a look at the message icon, not flashing.... that's good, no messages so I can do whatever I want to do....... I go to the gvg map for a while then return to my city and the message icon flashing..... open up the messages and find a heap of unread messages from before logging in and any important ones were not read earlier because of a dodgy message icon not flashing.

now i'll go to my town hall and check the gbs I donate to..... I visit one on the list and empty my fp bank into it, click close and then return to city, except now the game crashes and its back to the top of the list and login attempt 1 etc etc

but none of this is down to game performance / bugs / bad programming - its all my fault for not clearing my cache before playing