• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.60

DeletedUser14704

I hope this doesn't include the new messaging system. From what I saw on beta it is an awful system.

It could well be, but as above, the forum rules prevent you from saying so, even if the thing is so hideous there's no excuse for it ever leaving alpha. :/

DeletedUser15501

Great now the same annoying bug with the social bar that was plaguing the beta server with this update has now been brought to the live servers.. you'd think beta exists to iron out these bugs before bringing them here.

DeletedUser

They have re-introduced the annoying bug where you aid someone in your friends list and then it immediately sets you back to the start of the list everytime. Apart from that....really disappointed that there is still no word or fix for the year-long problem of GB balancing.

DeletedUser105544

Aaaah...good old social bar bug...I started to miss the damn thing.

bilboman

Corporal
Great now the same annoying bug with the social bar that was plaguing the beta server with this update has now been brought to the live servers.. you'd think beta exists to iron out these bugs before bringing them here.

Agreed - why have Beta if you don't fix major bugs before rolling the new version out?

DeletedUser99588

The social bar underwent refactoring - a few glitches were removed and overall performance of the bar was improved. We also removed unused activity indicators on the players' avatars.
The entire social bar experience should now be much more smooth, fast and reliable at the same time.

I think they got this the wrong way round and should read:

A few glitches were added and overall performance has been reduced. The entire social bar experience should now be much more difficult, slow and unreliable at the same time.

Enjoy our handiwork and thanks for playing you bunch of mugs,

FoE Developer Team.

DeletedUser104719

Unfortunately, yes, the social bar experience will suffer until it no longer resets to #1 every time you click on it. Please fix this; it almost entirely cancels out the benefit of the aid feature!

DeletedUser96901

it is no problem for all who aid with the event history ;)

and that aid is much better than using the social bar:
you only aid players who aid you back

DeletedUser1094

Just a shame, that all the other players do the same... ending up with no-one aiding each other, because everybody expects the other one to aid first.
Stop being so selfish and hit that Aid-button no matter what. (cause I'm doing that Event-aiding too) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6065

'it is no problem for all who aid with the event history ;) . . .

This is not true if you 'visit' your friends to aid what they may wish, not what the aid algorithm aids for you.
That's what friends do, I should imagine.

And . . if you are real quick, after actually going into a city, you can click on another portrait. The bar will return to the first position, of course, but the selected city will show and you can aid that one before you are forced to troll through the list again.

. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

it is no problem for all who aid with the event history ;)

I don't AID from event because I can't tell who are neighbours and I may well want to pay them a different kind of visit :)

DeletedUser5180

social bar improvements..... i await the bugs that produces with interest

i also await the mandatory 'thanks' from the usual suspects

see..... what did i tell ya'll as soon as the update was announced

those usual suspect that gave thanks in advance..... look rather silly now eh..!!

joesoap

Major-General
considering that the social bar was the only thing mentioned in the 'Improvements and Changes' part of the announcement its a complete disgrace that its so dreadful

DeletedUser6065

'The social bar underwent refactoring - a few glitches were removed and overall performance of the bar was improved. We also removed unused activity indicators on the players' avatars.
The entire social bar experience should now be much more smooth, fast and reliable at the same time.'

They are so full of it, their eyes are brown.

. . . . mk

DeletedUser100832

bug-adding updates... so should this really be called a down-date?

DeletedUser5180

considering that the social bar was the only thing mentioned in the 'Improvements and Changes' part of the announcement its a complete disgrace that its so dreadful

'The social bar underwent refactoring - a few glitches were removed and overall performance of the bar was improved. We also removed unused activity indicators on the players' avatars.
The entire social bar experience should now be much more smooth, fast and reliable at the same time.'

They are so full of it, their eyes are brown.

. . . . mk

bug-adding updates... so should this really be called a down-date?

a very small update to ensure everything went smoothly

oh wait.................

DeletedUser100555

Just checked on beta, the social bar is still broken. That kind of bug shouldn't have made it to beta. Please don't roll that bug out on the main servers or aiding will be impossible.

Does Inno want a project manager who can actually organise this stuff ? I'm available as it happens.

Can anyone with a channel through to Inno tell me how this major bug actually hit the live servers ? Anwar I am sure would not approve. The last 2 'updates' have infuriated GvG players and now yet again added bugs to the social bar.

DeletedUser2989

I've noticed that the guild social bar doesn't seem to be negatively impacted which I'm thankful for as it's the most important of the 3. Still disappointed that an update that has done so little has broken so badly. Even if all the social bars worked like the guild one it's a minor improvement and it would have been nice to see this update skipped and added to the next one. Disappointed :(

DeletedUser99588

I've noticed that the guild social bar doesn't seem to be negatively impacted which I'm thankful for as it's the most important of the 3. Still disappointed that an update that has done so little has broken so badly. Even if all the social bars worked like the guild one it's a minor improvement and it would have been nice to see this update skipped and added to the next one. Disappointed :(

The question is why did it get implemented when they new about the problem in beta?

Have the developers given up on even attempting to be professional?

Where is there pride in the quality of their work?

There aren't many jobs where you could get away with producing such poor work and still be employed. So whoever keeps making the poor decisions to implement these updates before they're ready needs to be shown the door. Instead they should be focusing on getting the programmers to do their job properly and produce updates that improve the gaming experience with changes the playing community desire.

DeletedUser108243

or as the major person has sadly parted the people left don't know backsides from elbow
and now flapping around cos they don't know what to do