• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.60

DeletedUser

Hello Kings and Queens,

The update to 1.60 will take place on Thursday, September 17th. This update will not introduce any big changes, but we have done some smaller improvements, especially to the social bar.
There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience.

Full changelog can be found here!

DeletedUser5180

2nd gb for tomorrow era..... NOPE

gb balancing..... NOPE

social bar improvements..... i await the bugs that produces with interest

i also await the mandatory 'thanks' from the usual suspects

DeletedUser2989

Almost not worth the update it's that small. Only thing for me to look forward to is the check-mark fix and even then it's a very minor thing. :(

DeletedUser99363

How about put Reset back to evenings, that is a quick change like they did blindly at 4pm GMT time on friday afternoon just before all Inno team goes home for weekend, and hope for the best, great job Inno, You are correct on 1 item you mentioned in a an update a few back, you now have tools to introduce changes faster(umm i mean bugs or bad ideas)

DeletedUser96901

better you don't say thanks before you know what new bugs will come with the update :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5180

what 'usual suspects' really meant was someone within the INNO ranks and yep..... it didn't take long

Well you might be right but I'm still thankful for this little upcoming update.

can i ask which part of the update you are thankful for, ie which part will make a difference to your gaming experience

better you don't say thanks before you know what new bugs will come with the update :rolleyes:

very true

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12400

what 'usual suspects' really meant was someone within the INNO ranks and yep..... it didn't take long
can i ask which part of the update you are thankful for, ie which part will make a difference to your gaming experience

I'm thankful for improvements, changes and bug fixes that INNO makes and it's not mandatory. Of course they also made some unpopular decisions but that does not change the fact that i'm not grateful for this update even if its small and visual.

DeletedUser100555

Just checked on beta, the social bar is still broken. That kind of bug shouldn't have made it to beta. Please don't roll that bug out on the main servers or aiding will be impossible.

Does Inno want a project manager who can actually organise this stuff ? I'm available as it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

A general reminder that while players that have registered for the Beta server can experience this update ahead of time can you please not post your experiences from that server here, such comments belong on the beta forum as things may change between there and here (Yes I know it's not often but it's in the rules to not discuss other servers). Beta players should provide their feedback on the Beta forums first (as that will be the only server with the changes active) and if they are concerned about something going through to live unfixed that too should be voiced along with their feedback as that would be the best chance of stopping any changes before they get here.

Otherwise for players that aren't on the Beta server the best we can do is hope that the update goes as planned and that anything found on the beta server is fixed (again I know there are cases where things aren't "fixed" between beta and live and even cases of new errors but all that isn't actually known till the live update is implemented). Of course once the update goes live we'll need everyone to keep an eye on the features that changed for anything going wrong with them.

DeletedUser100555

I thought that not discussing beta was now abandoned ever since a main server message encouraged us to go look at beta.

I still can't get my head around fundamental problems even hitting beta. On the main servers we had the social bar fly-back after plundering which was a major error that shouldn't even have left the developer's desk.

For the scale of operation, either Inno developers should run their own regression tests or just build it into an automatic source code repository test. Many companies automatically run regression tests on module or system changes overnight. The test code needs writing once and works out cheaper than loads of manual testing.

DeletedUser99588

A general reminder that while players that have registered for the Beta server can experience this update ahead of time can you please not post your experiences from that server here, such comments belong on the beta forum as things may change between there and here (Yes I know it's not often but it's in the rules to not discuss other servers). Beta players should provide their feedback on the Beta forums first (as that will be the only server with the changes active) and if they are concerned about something going through to live unfixed that too should be voiced along with their feedback as that would be the best chance of stopping any changes before they get here.

Otherwise for players that aren't on the Beta server the best we can do is hope that the update goes as planned and that anything found on the beta server is fixed (again I know there are cases where things aren't "fixed" between beta and live and even cases of new errors but all that isn't actually known till the live update is implemented). Of course once the update goes live we'll need everyone to keep an eye on the features that changed for anything going wrong with them.

More often that not updates go ahead with bugs not fixed. Every time a moderator tells us not to discuss it as it could change but it rarely does. Beta is only used to test if there is a critical failure with an update not to actually catch and fix general bugs before going live. Hopefully this update will be the exception and they will fix the social bar before applying update to live server.

DeletedUser2989

I thought that not discussing beta was now abandoned ever since a main server message encouraged us to go look at beta.

Unfortunately it's still part of our forum rules as quoted below:
Please refrain from discussing other FoE servers (language and beta) in our forums. Each site gets updates at its own pace so things may be corrected from one site and not yet the other.

So while we encourage people to try the updates on beta we still have to restrict discussion on content that is only currently active on Beta to the Beta forums.

More often that not updates go ahead with bugs not fixed. Every time a moderator tells us not to discuss it as it could change but it rarely does. Beta is only used to test if there is a critical failure with an update not to actually catch and fix general bugs before going live. Hopefully this update will be the exception and they will fix the social bar before applying update to live server.

I do understand that (as mentioned in my post) and agree with you that hopefully this update will be an exception. Most of the time there just isn't enough time left between beta and the EN update to fix bugs even if they are caught on beta but I'm hoping that we'll be able to see some change this time and get some pressure to hold off implementing things they can't fix in time by directing feedback and delay requests to the Beta forum. In the mean time we are held to the forum rules (quoted earlier) to not discuss experiences of the game implemented on other servers but not here.

I'm pretty sure that we can all agree to say to our CM's "Please don't let broken parts of the update come through" (not sure how much influence they'd have over it...). Hopefully all can be fixed and working by the time it gets here but I'd hope that our CM's are able to hold off any aspects that aren't working. That message though would apply to ALL updates in general and not just this one, hopefully it's not too much to ask and any efforts to that end would be obviously appreciated.

DeletedUser16126

Thank you for this update I'm very happy with it....

Because not much will change, not so much can be broken this time.
We don't need to have experiences from beta to start being afraid of the upcoming change...
The past has proven that too much bugs gets through the beta.
Sometimes by quick fixing something discovered in beta, they screw up something else.
So for these big features it's anyhow better to launch it in beta, solve issues for 2 weeks, and then plan a 2 weeks hardening cycle to make sure it hsa the required quality.

DeletedUser99588

Unfortunately it's still part of our forum rules as quoted below:

So while we encourage people to try the updates on beta we still have to restrict discussion on content that is only currently active on Beta to the Beta forums.

I do understand that (as mentioned in my post) and agree with you that hopefully this update will be an exception. Most of the time there just isn't enough time left between beta and the EN update to fix bugs even if they are caught on beta but I'm hoping that we'll be able to see some change this time and get some pressure to hold off implementing things they can't fix in time by directing feedback and delay requests to the Beta forum. In the mean time we are held to the forum rules (quoted earlier) to not discuss experiences of the game implemented on other servers but not here.

The not enough time excuse is just that as a real beta server would allow time for testing and fixing problems before updating live servers. The fact they launch an update on the beta server with the intention of doing the same a week later on live servers shows they are not intent on actually fixing problems before they hit the live servers. Past experience has shown virtually every update introduces new bugs so you would expect a professional company to change the way they operate to stop this happening or at least minimise it. So many bugs suggests they are not really testing the changes properly prior to hitting beta as if they did things like the social bar would have been noticed. Especially as there have been so many issues with it over the last few months.

I'm afraid there is no excuse for such poor workmanship which is what we experience with these updates.

DeletedUser100475

I hope this doesn't include the new messaging system. From what I saw on beta it is an awful system.

DeletedUser2989

I hope this doesn't include the new messaging system. From what I saw on beta it is an awful system.

There has been no changes to the announcement here so any new messaging system changes on Beta shouldn't come through on this update. Probably a good chance that it'd be in the next 1 or 2 updates given the small hint at the bottom of the 1.60 announcement.