• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.60

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
The question is why did it get implemented when they knew about the problem in Beta?

This is not in fact what happened. The truth is even worse.

There was a bug reported on Beta where all bars kept resetting to the player every time you aided, except if the bar had been scrolled to the far left. This bug was fixed. That version of the code was fine and ready for live release, but we never got it. Instead, shortly before the update went live, there was a change on Beta which broke a different part of the friends bar, and they released that instead of the version they had debugged. That bug was only reported after it was already live. It had never been detected during testing, because the new version where it was introduced was not tested at all before release.

In short, instead of giving us a version that had been properly tested and fixed, the developers replaced it at the last moment with a completely untested bugdate. It is not that they would not fix bugs - they don't even bother trying to find them.

DeletedUser

it is no problem for all who aid with the event history ;)

and that aid is much better than using the social bar:
you only aid players who aid you back

True, but if somebody goes on vacation for more than a couple days, then an endless cycle of not aiding each other is created, lol.

DeletedUser7719

True, but if somebody goes on vacation for more than a couple days, then an endless cycle of not aiding each other is created, lol.
The way I aid would be to aid everyone if you ever miss more than 5 days (since that's how long the event history lasts). I also have a tendency to aid two rounds (if I aid 08:00 on Monday, 10:30 on Tuesday, I will aid until 08:00 Monday the next time I aid, then until 10:30 Tuesday the next round/day, etc.), just in case I accidentally skipped someone the prior day, and I aid everyone twice within 5 days before kicking any friends who don't return the favor.

DeletedUser5180

at the end of the day we should not have to look for alternative ways of aiding. as the social bar is there for a reason and aiding is one part of its function

the update was going to improve it

BUT the update made it worse

sadly, this is the usual standard of update we get foisted upon us these days

no amount of bluffery from those that trot out the party line can hide the fact that we are now playing a game that deteriorates constantly in its quality and ease of gameplay.

surely even the die hard happy clappers can see this.?

DeletedUser

yeah, the game has bigger lag issues for me. i can barely get to 10 battles on GvG without having to refresh, sometimes it freezes before i even get to 10. on top of all that, you have reintroduced the social bar issue. every time there is a new update announced i just cringe. it is almost like they say, hey everything seems to be going smoothly, let's introduce a new update so we can frustrate all our players a bit further. What, is this some sort of experiment being done on us to see how much someone will take.

DeletedUser5180

Another important reason for using the social bar for aid
Is collecting goods from the DT gb.

It makes sense to aid those with mainly TE buildings first and using event history gives a far more random age / era of goods collected.

DeletedUser96901

aid and DT gb ?
no time for mot/pol manually the get only TE goods ?

and the bug is only in the friends bar
so you can visit your guild members for DT first ;)

DeletedUser99588

aid and DT gb ?
no time for mot/pol manually the get only TE goods ?

and the bug is only in the friends bar
so you can visit your guild members for DT first ;)

You haven't thought it through testament. Not all guilds have lots of TE players so for many aiding them for TE goods is not an option. Using the News Event to AID means it is difficult to know who is from friends list and who is a neighbour. If you do a lot of PvP you could end up aiding cities that you would have preferred to attack later. You may say do your attacking first but sometimes with limited number of troops you have to space them across the day.

Bottom line is it should never have been broken and it is a relief it has been fixed today.

DeletedUser2989

Finally able to Aid all my friends with no frustrating jumping, I'm thankful for the quick fix but also disappointed that with something so quickly fixed that it couldn't have been delayed till just the next update.

At least I can now consider this update to be an improvement, just needed more time...