• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

DeletedUser97603

min. and max. age/era settings must be implemented quickly.
I dont like random age BPs.

DeletedUser653

Since i play in this other world and have tried it its not too bad, yes if you have lots of decorations they will get polished but polish rates will go up. so if you get rid of most decorations you will still be better off with the increased potivation even with a few decorations polished.
You can if you want to still go to the city and manually chose the building to be polished so theres no random BP's if you stay manual as today.
so for all those worried please stop. You can still potivate as today or for quickness (3-4 mins for 80 players) you can click the aid button

DeletedUser99588

I think sometimes it would be better if the developers explained the reasoning behind certain functionality. For instance autofight isn't as good (i.e. you lose more military units) as manual fighting. Well this could be considered as auto polivating and as such won't be as good as taking the time to visit each city manually.

How good it should be I guess is open to debate but I think it helps if everyone understands how it is supposed to work and then they can judge it accordingly.

DeletedUser97349

I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it BUT if it was going to be released differently on en it would be tested in that format on Beta first so we can say with near enough 100% accuracy that they way it currently works there, is the way we will get it on Wednesday (perhaps minor bug fixes will be done) but the functionality will be the same.

Also what you are saying in regard to it being a compromise or addition to polivating rather than a substitute is correct. I guess we wait till wednesday, do some analysis and then draw conclusions

The problem is that sometimes the bugs can affect the perception of how the feature functions, such as in this case where it appears that there is a higher percentage of polishing than there is in fact.

The best option is, as you say, to observe how it functions in practice on the live server :)

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Since i play in this other world and have tried it its not too bad, yes if you have lots of decorations they will get polished but polish rates will go up. so if you get rid of most decorations you will still be better off with the increased potivation even with a few decorations polished.
You can if you want to still go to the city and manually chose the building to be polished so theres no random BP's if you stay manual as today.
so for all those worried please stop. You can still potivate as today or for quickness (3-4 mins for 80 players) you can click the aid button

Its not what we can do to others But i think the main worry is what others will end up doing in our city with this new feature... Since its going to be so very easy most of the players would just click on this new Aid Button instead of taking the trouble of visiting cities and if the Aid button has got its priorities wrong then the receiver will not be benefited by the M /P ...

I also play on the server-that-cannot-be-named ... My city has decos from stone age till my current age (HMA) ... today everything was polished including all my stone age decos which I have got quite a few littered in my city over there ... Only a Few HMA buildings were motivated... Now my question is Why would it skip motivating the current age buildings and instead polish stone age decos??? Doesnt it look by this that polishing is given more preference over motivating and not the building's age ??? Why would this new feature need to have polishing of deco's in the first place ?? The biggest problem of this new feature can be solved in a simple way just by making this Aid button to ignore all decos before releasing it on the live server ... Why does it need to be rushed job always?? just one week trial and immediate releasing on the .en server next week ...

I know this is too early to say anything about this new feature without actually testing it here on the live server ....but going by the past record Not much changes from the server-that-cannot-be named to when it reaches .en server ... Hopefully this time i sincerely hope there are positive changes in this feature from what we are seeing over there by the time it arrives on this server...

regards

ddevil

Andrew420

Major
All I know is after this update what used to take 1 and half hrs to do I can now do in less than 15 minutes
A couple of useless pol/mot is a small price to pay for all that saved time
I don't now what value other players place on their time spent on here but to me mine is worth more than any amount of diamonds I could purchase

DeletedUser101999

I'd rather have it not random, and following a table that always motivates then polishes in a specific order such as:

1. Motivate Event items first from current age to oldest
2. Motivate all buildings from most supplies / coins given to least
3. Polish items from highest happiness given to least

DeletedUser5180

Its not what we can do to others But i think the main worry is what others will end up doing in our city with this new feature... Since its going to be so very easy most of the players would just click on this new Aid Button instead of taking the trouble of visiting cities and if the Aid button has got its priorities wrong then the receiver will not be benefited by the M /P ...

I also play on the server-that-cannot-be-named ... My city has decos from stone age till my current age (HMA) ... today everything was polished including all my stone age decos which I have got quite a few littered in my city over there ... Only a Few HMA buildings were motivated... Now my question is Why would it skip motivating the current age buildings and instead polish stone age decos??? Doesnt it look by this that polishing is given more preference over motivating and not the building's age ??? Why would this new feature need to have polishing of deco's in the first place ?? The biggest problem of this new feature can be solved in a simple way just by making this Aid button to ignore all decos before releasing it on the live server ... Why does it need to be rushed job always?? just one week trial and immediate releasing on the .en server next week ...

I know this is too early to say anything about this new feature without actually testing it here on the live server ....but going by the past record Not much changes from the server-that-cannot-be named to when it reaches .en server ... Hopefully this time i sincerely hope there are positive changes in this feature from what we are seeing over there by the time it arrives on this server...

regards

ddevil

your observations is what most players are worrying about. if releasing a new feature, get it right so it actually benefits players.

still, lets wait till wednesday and see what happens

DeletedUser914

I'd rather have it not random, and following a table that always motivates then polishes in a specific order such as:

This would be a disaster for me, with 16 kings from progressive era and a bunch of graveyards, it takes a long time before the condomiums are motivated.

DeletedUser97166

This is great until a person needs polish first like I do in my main world. Everyone is different about what they prefer so there is no set order that would make everyone happy.

DeletedUser96901

or simply only the 2nd point
"Motivate all buildings from most supplies / coins given to least including event buildings"

because: the best coin building for motivation is:
surprise the regular 1 day house (condominium) from contemporary era
it also gives more than the Haunted House from the same era :eek:
(per house not per square ;))

so why should be event buildings preferred if they give less :confused:

DeletedUser101999

This is great until a person needs polish first like I do in my main world. Everyone is different about what they prefer so there is no set order that would make everyone happy.

Unless they script a way for you to choose what to have prioritized, I'd prefer to have motivation at the top of the list with polishing secondary. There's always ways to get the polish needed, you could find fellow people who need polishing and friend them or start a message thread with all your guild members asking for a manual polish.

or simply only the 2nd point
"Motivate all buildings from most supplies / coins given to least including event buildings"

because: the best coin building for motivation is:
surprise the regular 1 day house (condominium) from contemporary era
it also gives more than the Haunted House from the same era :eek:
(per house not per square ;))

so why should be event buildings preferred if they give less :confused:

True, that does make sense. I wouldn't want my outdated 2x2 event items motivated before my newer 1 day houses. I would want to keep point 1 though, but have it reduced to the special event items that give more than coin / supply like Oasis, Shrine of Knowledge and Hall of Fame.

So revised, instead of random building aid should in my opinion polivate in this order

1. Motivate event building with special bonus (Hall of Fame / Shrine of Knowledge / Oasis)
2. Motivate coin / supply building from highest value to lowest
3. Polish building from highest value to lowest

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

You can ask people to polish you in person instead of using the "aid" thing.
And they *can* safely set it to ignore decorations without distressing anyone.

DeletedUser99588

Maybe if it works as it has been described when it hits the live server it won't be so bad. At the moment we are judging the beta effort and I know the odds are that is what we will get but you can live in hope this time will be the exception.

DeletedUser11899

imo, maybe there is one important fact that we're leaving aside: the great increase of 'Aids' that a player will receive daily and I'm for sure that this increase will happen.

Besides guild mates, much other ppl (friends and pacific neighboors) that currently almost never visits your city, will begin to press the 'Aid' button of your avatar more frequently, probably many of them will do it daily.

By the other hand the large number of daily visits that you will be able to do in a few minutes will provide you a lot of BPs, saved time and some extra coins. A lot of lazy players will realize this very quickly.

Your city will be almost always full polished and motivated permanently so you should'nt have to worry about any preference or whish list

Obviously the guild and friend list size is important, if you are in a guild with few members or your amount of daily visits that you are current receiving is too low the 'Aid' system will be a bad feature in your case.
So each guild will have to examine, discuss and choose what will be the best option for them in a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14394

@Starzaan , I asked this question already, but got no answer. So thought to mention it again.. When will be the big sized troops size in Battles are going to be fixed.. I lost many units coz of unable to find the exact unit.

Thanks..

DeletedUser98465

The best option is, as you say, to observe how it functions in practice on the live server :)

I know this is too early to say anything about this new feature without actually testing it here on the live server ....but going by the past record Not much changes from the server-that-cannot-be named to when it reaches .en server ... Hopefully this time i sincerely hope there are positive changes in this feature from what we are seeing over there by the time it arrives on this server...ddevil

your observations is what most players are worrying about. if releasing a new feature, get it right so it actually benefits players.

still, lets wait till wednesday and see what happens

No, No, No.

Seems to me that people and Inno seem to forget the whole purpose of 'beta testing'.

This frustrates me more than anything, a complete and utter lack of willing or understanding on how test cycles are performed and how to address defects. You don't release it to live unless you are 100% sure it meets customer requirements/expectations.

DeletedUser101779

This is simply the BEST news, since I joined this game. Thanks are due!

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
No, No, No.

Seems to me that people and Inno seem to forget the whole purpose of 'beta testing'.

This frustrates me more than anything, a complete and utter lack of willing or understanding on how test cycles are performed and how to address defects. You don't release it to live unless you are 100% sure it meets customer requirements/expectations.

Well we all have the same frustrations... My post of which only the last part is quoted in your comment, if actually read in full has the same questions asking Inno ... But we are only saying that we will wait for it to arrive on the live sever to comment anything further about it is bcoz

1) its already been announced that the new feature will be brought on to the .en server this coming Wednesday inspite of a lot of players having issues with it on the server-that-cannot be-named and i do not think Inno will ever go back on whatever has been already announced ...

2) Our own CCM Starzaan has been telling anybody and everybody who's complaining about this feature based on what they have seen on the server-that-cannot be-named, is that we should wait for it to arrive on this server before deciding / commenting on the usability and defects it has before complaining about it ... Which can only mean that maybe just maybe Inno will do some changes that suits all the players requirements before its brought on to this live server ... I know it doesn't normally happen that way...never happened in the past .... but All we can do is hope it will be different this time atleast

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser97349

To clarify, there are a couple of bugs affecting the feature currently on beta which may colour players' perception of how it functions; my comments are to encourage people to judge the feature on its merits once these have been ironed out. They have been reported, but whether or not they will be fixed before Wednesday I cannot say at this point.

Whilst I understand the desire for a wish list or a polish toggle, this is not something which is planned for implementation at present. The intention of the feature is not as a perfect replacement for regular polivating, as I said its a compromise for those who can't or won't polivate in the present way, and as with all compromises there are downsides. But with the overall increase in mot/pol that each player will receive should you have active guilds and friends lists, you are unlikely to suffer negative effects from the feature, unless of course your city is made up mostly of current age decorations, in which case some replanning may be needed.