• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

DeletedUser96901

if it is set to do only motivation it will be great ;)
because a motivation is always good for the other unlike an useless polish

if people needs more happiness they should build more cultural buildings or deco :p

Furthermore, when the nest Easter event comes out, this "Aid" attachment will seriously jeopardise those people who want to collect prizes from the Easter Event or donate eggs to other peoples cities, therefore can we please have some feed back on what the actual intention of this feature is and whether we can turn it off for our own cities
you can still go to other city and do an action manually
so donating an egg is still possible (if deco is available)

DeletedUser97349

This kind of panic and misconception is the very reason we request players not to discuss BETA on the live servers. There is currently an issue affecting mot/pol quests which cause the motivations to register as polishes. This has been forwarded to be fixed, however it is likely the cause of the belief that there is a bias towards polishing. Having run some tests and observed the results in the tools I have seen only an even split between motivation and polishing, and no bias towards decorations.

DeletedUser99588

Apologies, I have removed my post that referenced my actions in beta.

DeletedUser101042

hi
I don't post many messages on the forum as I prefer to lurk in the background but I just want to say this is one of the best updates to come out in a long time and so many player who are in the same guild as me on houndsmoor are also well happy about this update and there is just one question I would like to ask.
when I have quests that ask me to motivated/polished a certain number of players will the new AID button also count or will I have to still use the old m/p buttons?

thanks
zero2013

DeletedUser1081

This kind of panic and misconception is the very reason we request players not to discuss BETA on the live servers. There is currently an issue affecting mot/pol quests which cause the motivations to register as polishes. This has been forwarded to be fixed, however it is likely the cause of the belief that there is a bias towards polishing. Having run some tests and observed the results in the tools I have seen only an even split between motivation and polishing, and no bias towards decorations.

Starzaan, I'm not talking about pol/mot quests (and I've edited my post to remove references to you-know-what). Would you be able/willing to ask the design/development teal for a full list of the priorities the "aid" gizmo is supposed to have, and also ask them the following questions, please and thank you kindly?

Does the design/development team understand that if the "aid" gizmo isn't set to give the lowst priority to decorations , they will be pressuring us all to eliminate decorations from our towns (starting from the latest ones) and to avoid acquiring new ones (including diamond decorations and specials that used to be treated as attractions, such as the "mobilith", palm trees, that hot-dog thing when FoE won a prize, etc etc)? Is that really what they want? If so, can they explain why, please?

It would also be good to understand why they're rushing the "aid" gizmo through to the regular servers. Aren't we in a Shining New Era of greater responsiveness to customer feedback?

DeletedUser6065

' . . . . If decs are coded to be the lowest priority then this will be a great feature and gets a massive +1 from me . .
. . . I'd have hoped that priorities for the aid button would all have been coded BEFORE release as too often new features require fixing AFTER release, but i agree it might get the lazy gamers supporting their guild mates more :)'.

Careful here, is Scarecrow is a decco (no road)? Tree of Love and Festival (Christmas Tree) are also deccos and also give more than some culturals you may have laying around.

@Star - equal to distribution among buildings is exactly the weakness of this feature. Many (call it very many) don't want 'equal' distribution. 'Polish biggies then motivate' (or something quiet similar) is a fairly common profile statement. Don't you read the profile statements of your own Guild? Wouldn't it be nice if your guildies could get the same rewards consideration from their neighbors for the quick visit? Would certainly make them happier, I should imagine. Have you thought of possible benefits to your guildies that far ahead?

What is needed is for the city owner to have a menu that they can access/update that will give preference to what gets hit and when. And, naturally, the menu will have to allow specific buildings - for example: SoK before Oasis. Both give dual results, so a weakness, especially for those with multiple SoK's for example. Actually anyone with multiple anythings (that is pretty much everyone if I'm not mistaken) will gain little (maybe it will 'hit', maybe it won't) without owner control menu. How about 'Polish my Farms first then other supplies? Polish graveyard only? At least with a choice menu the owner will have some control over what they receive. And - attn:Mr.(?) akbhoy67 - this will go further too also progress your very reasonable insight as non-frequent guild participation in an even better way. After all, why settle for a random, 50/50, maybe they want it, maybe they, don't visit from a 'little' participator when we can get the 'little' back in the game and actually provide what is needed/wanted?

Hey people, how about a system that may generate more Pol/Mot and may produce benefits you actually want?

And, not to mention the fact that the 'equal distribution' sounds suspiciously to me like the random blueprints/rewards from Wishing Well algorithms. Star,you're indicating this is a 'random generator', and I for one am not convinced that random should be the first (make that only) choice.

-1 (a big -1). Not well thought out (equal distribution - gimme a break) and [guaranteed?] unintended consequences. This requires a well thought algorithm and non-spaghetti like coding to avoid future unintended consequences, and the unconditional willingness to listen to gamer input and make necessary adjustments.

History here tends to argue against any (let alone all) of these things happening.
. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98465

Makes no difference to me, i take the view that you should just be thankful someone bothers to even think about clicking a button to mot/pol you. Yes I'm happier if certain things are done first, but I don't go out of my way to complain about the 'what' but rather the fact that someone has or hasn't. From a decoration point of view I have very little and don't see a huge need to use them anyway. Plus for most people the amount you receive may increase and as has been said previously, the volume of friends/guild members will far outweigh the number of buildings.

EDIT: Actually I just realised, is 'Aid' applicable to neighbors. I quite frequently 'attack' so it's open to potential misclicks if that's the case.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Aid - I personally am polishing or motivating buildings that i am chasing blueprints for - could/should there be a setting that can be set allowing user to specify what age they want to polish/motivate? - that would further cut down my time spent trying to find an unpolished/motivated building of an ERA i need.

On the receiving end, I would like to mark(prioritize) my buildings to be P/M -d ! Or at least the first 5 ?!

DeletedUser

Hello devs,
What do you think about improvement of the "Aid" feature for laziest players in the future?

3 buttons are enough:
- "Aid all guildmates"
- "Aid all friends"
- "Aid all neighbours"

Or only one button for really lazy players:
- "Aid all"

:cool:

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Does the design/development team understand that if they don't set the "aid" gizmo to ignore decorations, they will be pressuring us all to eliminate all decorations from our towns and avoid acquiring new ones (including diamond decorations and specials that used to be treated as attractions, such as that mobilith, palm trees, that hot-dog thing when FoE won a prize, etc etc)? Is that really what they want? If so, can they explain why, please?

It would also be good to understand why they're rushing this through to the regular servers despite the distressed pleas on beta to rethink the way it works. Aren't we in a Shining New Era of greater responsiveness to customer feedback?

Agree, this just came on on the beta server and it clear that deco's and frame houses get P/M -d a lot. This will just turn into people deleting decorations and won't build 1h housing, then they will change it again. Could they not work it out before?! And even incorporate such as a list of buildings I want to be polished first?! Could've should've ......

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Hello devs,
What do you think about improvement of the "Aid" feature for laziest players in the future?

3 buttons are enough:
- "Aid all guildmates"
- "Aid all friends"
- "Aid all neighbours"

Or only one button for really lazy players:
- "Aid all"

:cool:

Agree. There is a delay in pressing those buttons anyway, so it's not as fast as people think. You have to wait for the server to respond before you can go to the next one. Simply was a one direction decision and we discuss it after the fact, like usual.

DeletedUser97349

Discussing the feature and what your opinions are is fine, however please do not discuss its current functionality on the beta server; this is subject to change, thank you.

Mink, I have requested the information you've asked for; as it is now the weekend it will be Monday before I am able to follow this up, and I cannot guarantee what information will be available, but such as I can obtain I will pass on.

I would also like to remind everyone that the feature is not intended to replace mot/pol for everyone; it is a means for those who cannot polivate for performance reasons or lack of time to still be able to aid their friends and guildmates. Thus the feature was not intended to be a perfect replacement for polivating; it is a compromise.

DeletedUser6065

'...I would also like to remind everyone that the feature is not intended to replace mot/pol for everyone; it is a means for those who cannot polivate for performance reasons or lack of time to still be able to aid their friends and guildmates. . . . '.

I am of the opinion that there can be a city-owners menu specifying preferences and still achieve the results. Do you agree?
. . . . mk

Decoder

Warrant Officer
So .... we shouldn't discuss how it works on Beta, because they don't finish the testing on Beta before they release it on the main servers.
Sad.

DeletedUser1081

Mink, I have requested the information you've asked for; as it is now the weekend it will be Monday before I am able to follow this up, and I cannot guarantee what information will be available, but such as I can obtain I will pass on.

Thank you. You're a Star!

I would also like to remind everyone that the feature is not intended to replace mot/pol for everyone; it is a means for those who cannot polivate for performance reasons or lack of time to still be able to aid their friends and guildmates. Thus the feature was not intended to be a perfect replacement for polivating; it is a compromise.

I'm pretty sure most of us grasp and appreciate the idea of the gizmo, but it needs to take the aid-recipients' point of view into account in order to be fit for purpose. Giving decorations the lowest priority (or ignoring them completely) would be a huge improvement and can't be that difficult to program.

DeletedUser5180

Discussing the feature and what your opinions are is fine, however please do not discuss its current functionality on the beta server; this is subject to change, thank you.

I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it BUT if it was going to be released differently on en it would be tested in that format on Beta first so we can say with near enough 100% accuracy that they way it currently works there, is the way we will get it on Wednesday (perhaps minor bug fixes will be done) but the functionality will be the same.

Also what you are saying in regard to it being a compromise or addition to polivating rather than a substitute is correct. I guess we wait till wednesday, do some analysis and then draw conclusions

Decoder

Warrant Officer
You can discuss how it works on beta on the beta forums ;)

I guess my point was that if they are ready to release on the main server, the current version on beta is the same... and of cause we are not talking about graphical problems, but major characteristics of a feature....but we can wait another week and write all this down, we are just Canaries :)

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it BUT if it was going to be released differently on en it would be tested in that format on Beta first so we can say with near enough 100% accuracy that they way it currently works there, is the way we will get it on Wednesday (perhaps minor bug fixes will be done) but the functionality will be the same)

I see you take it from here.... :)