• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Smallest City

• Thread starter DeletedUser5647
  • Start date

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Can I join if I just use 16 x 16 in my city and delete the rest? I mean delete all buildings except GBs (I only have Zeus, LoA and Babel anyway) and just build on 16 x 16

DeletedUser

Can I join if I just use 16 x 16 in my city and delete the rest? I mean delete all buildings except GBs (I only have Zeus, LoA and Babel anyway) and just build on 16 x 16

That sounds like a good idea, and then anyone could do it regardless of what they have done on that world before. I have a city in East Nagach which is already over the initial 16 x 16, but could be restricted to that for a new challenge.

DeletedUser

Yes, a good idea but he doesn't want that.

Oh well.

Well, that doesn't mean it can't be done as a challenge by other people, just that it's not quite the same as his challenge. I don't want to start another world to do that at this time, but might decide to see what I can fit into 16 x 16 at some point. I've already destroyed everything in East Nagach as I was considering Surge's Critical Failure thread, and am also intrigued by the idea of doing the smallest city. Maybe we need a 'City Challenge' thread?

DeletedUser5647

Latest Growth

Here is the latest development of The Smallest City

TheSmallestCity05.jpg

I shall be replacing both of the Early Middle Age Military buildings with their later versions as well as upgrading the houses to provide the needed employees. This is getting to be my most fun city as the challenge gets tougher to keep up the momentum. I really want to be able to get through to Modern Era where the goods requirements may end the run. If I forego military at that stage it may still be feasible. We shall see.

Batty

DeletedUser5647

One of the reasons I post the picture in Build/Move mode is to show I have not used an expansion at all. I heartily applaud anyone who decides to go the shrink-to-16x16 route as it takes a lot to start yet another city for this challenge. For those of you who want to take this particular challenge add your screenshots in this thread. Good luck and have fun with it.

One definite requirement is an active and forgiving guild (I can't do much to support GvG in an age different from my own).

DeletedUser

I'm having a go at the smallest city challenge too. I want to negotiate through the map, so am aiming to make as many goods, supplies and coins as possible. This is my BA city so far:

BA 16 x 16 City.jpg

DeletedUser

looks like you have a lot of disconnected buildings there. Why is that?

Houses don't have to be connected for population, just for coin production. I need a high population for the goods buildings, but not that many coins.

DeletedUser653

Shame you can't make it function properly.

I do the same with my cities that have finished the tree and map, when you have 10 millions of coins its only the pop thats needed and if you can get an extra 1 or two houses by disconcerting a few then its good game logic and I think a 16x16 will have to use that logic from time to time.

DeletedUser653

Mr Beef, are you expecting an invasion from the south? But nice looking village.

We need to keep check on 16x16 from the start villages and cut down to 16x16 villages so we can compare apples with apples. I am seriously thinking I just might start a 16x16 as theres 2 worlds I am not in yet. Maybe maybe.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I kept getting plundered..... so I won a few PE units from the spinny wheel thing and bided my time....then I put down all the WF and the new units in defence... and the next day, instead of logging in and seeing an event history of totally red it was all green thumbs up - a most satisfying sight :)

DeletedUser5180

Are the 2 wishing wells good value for the space they take up, as i imagine every single tile is precious.?

DeletedUser7719

They help a lot with goods :) (Probably will be a different story when you hit the Modern Era)

DeletedUser14782

Probably, because you can get gold, supplies, goods, etc from it, so its almost (almost) like several buildings in 1

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Three WW in fact.... I'm a ways off ME but I've got approx 7 mill of both coins and supplies..it's just a fun little city..nothing more