• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Smallest City

• Thread starter DeletedUser5647
  • Start date

DeletedUser106685

You're going to love skipping all those expansion technologies that you don't need :)
You'll be in Late Middle Ages before you know it.

DeletedUser97688

Update!

Moving solidly into Iron Age ;)
76gXHsk

DeletedUser97688

It makes me wonder what the furthest is that anybody has ever got with a city like this...

DeletedUser106685

My goal is to reach the end of the tree. It's not impossible, just requires a lot of patience :)

My little city has entered the post modern era. Just as long as I can keep supporting 2 goods buildings, I should be fine with progress.
We'll see what the next age makes me do with the layout.

Still a long way to go until CE, but I will post another update when there will be any major changes.

smallville-pme.jpg

DeletedUser106685

Supplies are running low. It will take me at least another month until I've saved up the millions that are needed to enter the Contemporary Era.
The Smallville car factory is running 24/7, so we should be fine, eventually. I will get my Lighthouse up to level 10 in the mean time, which will help speed up the process.

These last few eras will take a very long time to get through, but I'm not in a hurry. Slow and steady wins the race ;)

smallville-pme3.jpg

DeletedUser106685

Removed the semiconductors, and hosted a PME tank factory for about a week.
I used those tanks to (finally) complete the industrial age bonus content, and attached questline.
Now I have two (recurring) quests running simultaneously, which makes a huge difference.

So now I'm baking electromagnets until, what, Halloween? lol
We'll see how long this will take...

smallville-ce2.jpg

DeletedUser109268

Removed the semiconductors, and hosted a PME tank factory for about a week.
I used those tanks to (finally) complete the industrial age bonus content, and attached questline.
Now I have two (recurring) quests running simultaneously, which makes a huge difference.

So now I'm baking electromagnets until, what, Halloween? lol
We'll see how long this will take...

View attachment 10326

wow it looks pretty :)

DeletedUser653

Congratulations, real feat i did not think could be done, pic of city needed at new age time :)

DeletedUser106685

Yes, of course, the next redesign will be when I unlock the T.E. goods buildings.
If you can't wait that long, you can always send me a friend request on Arvahall :P

DeletedUser106685

So here's my solution that should help me get through this era:

smallville-te.jpg

Focusing on goods production mainly, because the tech tree is insanely expensive.

Oases are awesome for me, because they give goods and population.
Witch Doctors add happiness, so that also helps keep the enthusiasm.
The rest of my summer event tickets will go to renovation kits, already preparing for the next era.

- Sacrificed my Statue of Zeus, because there's no more use for it since I've become a pacifist ;)
- Upgraded the Speaker's Corner with a renovation kit, so it gives more population, enough to support two normal goods buildings.
- Upgraded the queens from ME to TE, which doubles their coinage.
- Finally pulled out the Mad Scientist's Lab from my inventory, and upgraded it, for even more free current-age goods.

I currently stand at 95 excess population, and 22 excess happiness. It all fits nicely :)

Next update expected in 6 months I guess... until then, happy farming :P