• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Smallest City

• Thread starter DeletedUser5647
  • Start date

DeletedUser103515

Mine: Jaims
nHntmxX.jpg

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Nice! :)

You might be able to create a little more space by moving the LoA into the top corner (where the Roperys are) and only have a road piece from your town hall to touch it. As it is now there are roads touching two sides of it.... just a thought :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser103515

yes, you are right but for now I reserve this place for a future 4x5 building.

DeletedUser5647

Here is my latest change:

TheSmallestCity07.jpg

The LoA is now level 11 giving 21 goods per day and I am always happy when the Treasure Hunt rewards are goods. I am currently overflowing with coins and even supplies are now more than sufficient for future growth. The skill tree is currently stuck at about halfway up Progressive Era waiting for enough goods to open skills to move on. My army is made up from Treasure Hunt rewards so I have a fairly good defence, all things considered. The clockmakers wanted a party so I had to build a brewery for them, and also to satisfy the needs of a quest.

As soon as I have opened the Council House skill I shall be changing all the housing and I might have to build a goods building. I get attacked every day and in earlier ages I found that I could never gather goods as they were plundered before I got home from work. Maybe with the new android app I can change that. I know that once I get to Modern era I shall have to have a ME goods building as there will be no other source for that age goods other than trading at a huge mark-up for them. That is a problem for another day, though.

DeletedUser15432

Pteropto, you can get current age goods from the treasure hunt, therefore you can avoid the installation of a goods building

DeletedUser106685

I love this idea, so I've decided to join the party.

Here's my little village on Arvahall:

LMA-small.jpg

Goods were obtained from treasure hunt, recurring HMA quests, and neighbors.
Summer Event should bring in some much needed wishing wells, as well.

Let's see how far we can take this ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105028

How did you zoom so far out to capture this? i always want to see my city from a farther view

DeletedUser106685

I have a rather large monitor ;)

Mouse wheel down zooms you out as far as it goes. After that, it's up to screen size.

DeletedUser106685

Summer Event has been kind.
My little city is now filled with prizes from the event.
I'm very happy with how it turned out: :)

tuttipizze.jpg

When I've saved up enough coins and supplies, I can sacrifice a spice trader and a ziggurat, and put a rifleman and a jaeger to continue fighting in the provinces.
So that Statue of Zeus will have some use in the near future :)

Disclaimer: no diamonds were purchased to obtain these items. That wouldn't be a challenge, now would it? ;)

DeletedUser653

guys we need some updates on these dinky citys. massive challenge as you go on and very interested in comparing your solutions.

DeletedUser106685

In a few days I will be entering the progressive era. My little village still looks the same. I only replaced the LMA palace with a tobacco plantation. I haven't been stuck in the tech tree yet, so the goods are coming in at the right pace... for now.

DeletedUser102241

This thread was really fun to read. Look forward to more updates about these mini cities.

DeletedUser103515

UPDATE
(jaims)

9uDbHrg.jpg

I used this screenshot for the 2015 winter competition

DeletedUser97688

This is the first time I have ever seen these cities...and they look great. The idea is to try and progress using only the original grid, right? I might start up a city like this to work on casually in the slow periods in other worlds...

DeletedUser106685

Good going ilspinoza, looks awesome. Your choice for Habitat and Dresden, I love it :)
Just make sure to take your screenshot in 'build mode', with the grid visible, so everyone can see you're not 'cheating' :P

@Rowan47, you should do it. It's very rewarding, trust me :)
It's a lot of fun, and at the same time, it teaches you to optimize city design to not waste a single square.
A skill which will benefit you a lot when planning your main world(s)...

DeletedUser106685

Meanwhile, the Modern Era has come to Smallville, and gathering goods to keep progressing increasingly becomes a challenge.

Babel Tower has reached level 10, so the city can now support two proper goods buildings, which receive enough rough materials to keep on producing.

The Winter Event has brought some renovation kits to give the queens a much needed makeover, as well as some other buildings that might be useful in a future redesign, which are safely stashed away in the inventory.

We're lucky to also have semiconductors as a bonus, so even entering the next era will not bring many changes to Smallville - until the Contemporary Era comes, or the 8 million supplies run out that have been saved up.

In the mean time, unattached troops won from winter event, quests and treasure hunt are active in the continents. We've just reached North America, so there will be no expected losses of troops before we set sail for Europe... where the first real challenge awaits :)

smallville-me.jpg