• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2020

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Events used to have a single quest, either you did it or you didn't.

Since the game developed aspects that are era dependent (like the tavern). You get a choice so that it can be done in any era,even though one option is much longer (and sometimes harder)

Remember when you had to scout to complete a quest with no alternative?

New players have no idea how hard things used to be :D

DeletedUser113278

This event is the bomb for active players who patiently bide their time checking in more than occasionally to strike when the odds are well in their favour.

Slaughter fest atm... a few are just plain unlucky and cost a lot of spins (but I still rather that Goldie than the 16 doubloons it cost), but the amount of low ones easily make up for them bringing the avg way down...I gave up counting the avalanche of golds I was after, easily going to surpass other events if this keeps up... so hoping neighbours stay interested :D

As I sift through the worlds I feel like I’m fishing, when I see the wheel spinning (they’re biting), and I know I got to be ready to yank it in lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm..... I suspect the sudden wave of attacks on my city has something to do with the Summer Event challenges. Today I am presented with "win 6 battles or in a production building finish a 24-hour production 5 times." I guess some people are going for the battles, and neighbours are usually an easy target, particularly if they're not very advanced.
Everyone likes an easy target, especially if it says win x battles without losing :)

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Disapointing when it tells you have won a "Ballista", and the wheel is spinning and you're thinking "come on wishing well"
When the event started I too was eagerly anticipating what prize I might win, thinking I could influence the roll with the stop button and enjoying the success when I thought I'd 'forced' a good prize.
Then when I found out it's pre-determined, the stop button has no real effect, and you can see what you've won the second you spin the wheel, I felt a loss somehow, there wasn't as much fun in it, the animation of the wheel a pointless visual that once got my hopes up but not any more.
Now I just robotically gather the doubloons, spin the wheel without caring what comes up, and wait to use the resulting compass on the map to get the 'horizon prize' there.

When the event started I too was eagerly anticipating what prize I might win, thinking I could influence the roll with the stop button and enjoying the success when I thought I'd 'forced' a good prize.
Then when I found out it's pre-determined, the stop button has no real effect, and you can see what you've won the second you spin the wheel, I felt a loss somehow, there wasn't as much fun in it, the animation of the wheel a pointless visual that once got my hopes up but not any more.
Now I just robotically gather the doubloons, spin the wheel without caring what comes up, and wait to use the resulting compass on the map to get the 'horizon prize' there.
Yes, as it's already been said here, the wheel and the stop button are "just for show". There's really no point in trying to hit "stop" at the right time to get the reward you want. The reward was already chosen when you clicked "spin".

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Yes, as it's already been said here, the wheel and the stop button are "just for show". There's really no point in trying to hit "stop" at the right time to get the reward you want. The reward was already chosen when you clicked "spin".
Then I have to ask what is the point of having the stop button?
Why have the game animators create the spinning wheel giving a false illusion of control, or the false anticipation of the prize.
Might as well have a text box that comes up when you hit spin saying "You've won xxxx" in a dreary font

Why have the game animators create the spinning wheel giving a false illusion of control, or the false anticipation of the prize.
Might as well have a text box that comes up when you hit spin saying "You've won xxxx" in a dreary font
Yes, could do without all the animation and just have one button that instantly tells you what the reward is. A bit boring though maybe.
Why do we have a stop button? To stop the animation faster :lol:

DeletedUser113278

Yeah, I’ll go look at a cardboard box for a few hours of fun over the weekend.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Well kinda disappointed in this thread. Was looking forward to reading the usual comments on how you can time the wheel to stop on gold, how many golds players have won using these methods. After so many years of summer event now people just accept it's already decided without a drawn out debate.

This used to be one of my favourite events but cant help feeling it's got a little stale this time around and it's probably the first time I've looked at the wheel and honestly can't decide on what's supposed to be the good prizes. Couple of small buildings for attack/def for attack but theres really nothing that's jumped out as a decent prize this time around.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Well kinda disappointed in this thread. Was looking forward to reading the usual comments on how you can time the wheel to stop on gold, how many golds players have won using these methods. After so many years of summer event now people just accept it's already decided without a drawn out debate.

This used to be one of my favourite events but cant help feeling it's got a little stale this time around and it's probably the first time I've looked at the wheel and honestly can't decide on what's supposed to be the good prizes. Couple of small buildings for attack/def for attack but theres really nothing that's jumped out as a decent prize this time around.

Except for one of the best buildings in the game, the crows nest, along side one of the best main prizes ever, the villa.

:P

But honestly this event is just like the carnival in a way, its entirely reliant on how active or how smart your hood is. Top hoods thrive. middle hoods are ok, bottom hoods could be empty and much less rewarding. My hoods semi active so been fine, not as fun as I hear from the top hood though! I hear the wheel spins wildy daily up there! :)

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Oh yes. I won a Crow's Nest. Very excited to see what it will spit out at me! A bit like a wishing well, but without the chance of diamonds?

Its just a bigger version of a wishing well that gives guaranteed fps/coins and then an extra thing more fps, medals etc like a WW. it does give a chance to pay diamonds out if you can get it to lvl 8.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Ar! BUT! You're not a newbie!

For once my inexperienced voice is relevant!

The prizes on the wheel are FANTASTIC for newbies! The Governor's Villa, brilliant! Wishing Well, troops, boosts, medals.....

Yes, perhaps to someone who's been playing for a long time, and maybe has a diamond farm of 20 wishing wells the rewards are insignificant, but trust me, if you've been playing less than a month or maybe longer, and you're still in an era before the High Middle Ages, and you don't have Great Buildings, or even just have maybe one or two at low levels, then this event is WONDERFUL!

I'd go even further and say it is worth investing in buying doubloons for the prizes.

The wheel seems to stop pretty fairly at each position, with equal chances of winning the "gold" prize as say a 10% supply boost or frame house, based on my own numerous spins (ahem :blush:)

Dare I say it but it used to be better for new players and lower era players. There used to be a lot more premium buildings (supply/residential) prizes and none of these boost packs. Also chances to win barracks of your era even if you hadn't researched them yet. As I said its getting very old and prizes are getting reduced each year to less needed decorations, boosts etc. It used to be my favourite event.

For newer players I wouldn't be wasting space on the villa I would be using that space for trying to win enough upgrades for the lvl 8 crows nest as they are handy early on with the chance to collect a lot of medals for expansions.

Crows nest doesnt mean so much once you have no use for goods/medals and tbh fps dont really have that much value. So only good for diamonds and then it's not worth the space it takes.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Oh yes. I won a Crow's Nest. Very excited to see what it will spit out at me! A bit like a wishing well, but without the chance of diamonds?

And the Villa, which is easily upgraded, becomes very useful very quickly to us newbies. Even at level 1 its useful to a newbie! By L7 it is FANTASTIC!

Sorry, I'm rather enthusiastic about this event, it really gives new players a genuine chance to build their city and army.

Yeah, as for main buildings, this is easily one you want in every single city, gives you everything for everything in the game.

As for the crows nest, at max level 8, 5% chance at diamonds, high chance at tons of goods, 20 fp, or thousands of medals. Great at any level, awesome at 8