• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2020

Another new learning issue. Quest 20, scout a province - apparently does not mean send your scout to a province, they have to actually be there. So 23 and half hour wait for the scout to get there, means I have a day of no more Event quests can be completed until he reaches that place. Oh well, guess I get a break. Will have to remember this next time I ever see this, and start the quest in advance. So for now, might as well get the 24 hour productions underway, so I can collect them after the scout gets there.
Quest 20: Scout a province OR Defeat this large army
Why wait a day for a scout when you can defeat an army in less than one minute?

Same with the 24h production quest. The alternative quest is to win a few battles.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

New player here, mid-Bronze age. Does the Governor's Villa upgrade as you advance through to the Iron and Medival ages? or does it stay forever as a Bronze Age GV? thanks
Don't build till end of Event.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Actually, the battles were the alternate option in Quest 22 which was x battles or x 24hour productions. The alternate to the Scout a province was try to somehow defeat a Large army
Large armies are easy.
If you can't even scratch them, then you need to work on your military boosts. (ie: Zeus + CoA + CdM for starters.:P)

My HMA is heavily lagging in the military boosts department, sitting at only 70-something atk% boost, and yet it's still more than enough to readily handle even a 'defeat this very large army' quests.
Rogues can be gotten by various means, and once you have even a handful of them, fighting becomes borderline cheating. ;)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Ah, ok. Have you tried manually fighting? Do you have rogues? What era?
I absolutely hate the manual fighting. I joined this game for something relaxing and to build. I do plenty enough fighting and killing in real life, that if i do it in a game, it is only specific games I will do fighting. Otherwise, I relax and create. I think it is just bad coincidence, or poor design, to have a high level fight paired against a long time quest such as scouting a province. Since I joined Modern Era just after the Soccer Event, I am all researched and have full Modern Troops, which cannot autofight anything after half of GE1. And since I hate the fighting aspect of this game, I have learned to do the costly negotiation for my GE and Battlegrounds. I have level 10 Zeus now as well as level 4 CoA - so spending my GB time on that and then CdM once I reach level 10. When CoA and future CdM are at least level 10, I figure then I will be about to do autobattle a bit more, at least on GE, so maybe I am not spending so many goods.
Far as I am concerned now - games like this are meant to be relaxing, and if they are causing irritation or stress, then it is the wrong game for me.

Emberguard

Legend
I have level 10 Zeus now as well as level 4 CoA - so spending my GB time on that and then CdM once I reach level 10. When CoA and future CdM are at least level 10, I figure then I will be about to do autobattle a bit more, at least on GE, so maybe I am not spending so many goods.
There's the problem then. At least as far as being able to autobattle goes. If you have all three GBs at lvl 10 you should be able to easily beat the Large Army in Modern Era

Powe

Brigadier-General
I don't need an event as an excuse - I'll happily go and collect some "unplanned donations" from my 'hoodies every day. :)

I mean, letting your 'hoodies have goods sitting around doing nothing, it's just being a good, friendly neighbor putting those goods/fps to a proper use.
...speaking of which, just scored myself a nice 7fps + 18 goods from an unloved Hippodrome!:P
I scored 9 FPs AND 21 goods!

Forwandert

Major-General
Good Summer event, no need for diamonds unless you are in a hurry.
Not sure yet how far or what level the governor's villa will achieve doing only the quests with the extra free daily doublon.

It was rebalanced on beta so the later quests gave 2 doubloons. If it's been kept the same for here should be ok to get to max without worrying too much about incidents and just from collecting the daily doubloon and completing all the quests.

DeletedUser

Actually, the battles were the alternate option in Quest 22 which was x battles or x 24hour productions. The alternate to the Scout a province was try to somehow defeat a Large army
I can't remember that far back, lol.
Actually I had that for last of the Main Q-Line, I think...
Another Doubloon making 4 and expecting more, I do like this Event, very generous.

Last edited by a moderator:

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I'm happy for you....<grrrrrr> STILL not found a doubloon in an incident. Lots of supply boosts and baobob trees on the wheel, however. And that silly ship thing. No damned use to me, thankfully I've unlocked the Antique Dealer now, so guess where the ship's sailing to on the evening tide?
I like to keep at least one of everything in my inventory (bit of a hoarder/collector) and sell duplicates of items I really know I won't use/need ever.