• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Special battlefield traning

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date

DeletedUser109385

What you are proposing is the ability to effectively "learn", in an extremely short space of time, with no unit losses, what most players have learned through hundreds if not thousands of battles using their own troops and often losing them. You have said this does not make the game easier because it was not possible to do this before; it is not possible to do this BECAUSE it makes the game easier.

By "making the game easier", we mean something that gives an unfair advantage or can be abused, or something that provides an unnecessary shortcut to progression in the game. This has been explained to you before. There is no unfair advantage in the ideas you have quoted, they are simple game improvements.
But what does it mean by abused and give an un unfair advantage? I always wondered about that.

DeletedUser97166

It gives an unfair advantage because that means players can practice fights against a line up they need to fight in the Cont Map, and work out the right combination then, whereas other players have used countless tries and units to get this done.

Vesiger

Monarch
What about the idea of a 'practice arena' where you lose real troops but still get to select the difficulty of the battles, then? Say on a scale of 1 to 10 relative to your current army, with the computer randomly generating the opposition, so that you can't possibly use it to figure put a way of defeating the AI in any given 'real' battle?

Because at the moment it's actually pretty hard to learn how to use your troops effectively by fighting on the world map, simply because you don't get enough practice before the opposition gets ramped up to unfightable levels. That has been one of the major benefits of the guild expeditions for me - the chance to practise some actual strategy in easy fights, equal fights, and fights that are just slightly too difficult... and then have them reset the following week. Previously I'd pretty much given up on fighting because everyone I met was vastly much better than I was.

DeletedUser109385

What about the idea of a 'practice arena' where you lose real troops but still get to select the difficulty of the battles, then? Say on a scale of 1 to 10 relative to your current army, with the computer randomly generating the opposition, so that you can't possibly use it to figure put a way of defeating the AI in any given 'real' battle?

Because at the moment it's actually pretty hard to learn how to use your troops effectively by fighting on the world map, simply because you don't get enough practice before the opposition gets ramped up to unfightable levels. That has been one of the major benefits of the guild expeditions for me - the chance to practise some actual strategy in easy fights, equal fights, and fights that are just slightly too difficult... and then have them reset the following week. Previously I'd pretty much given up on fighting because everyone I met was vastly much better than I was.
It's a nice idea but I am not too sure about that.

DeletedUser109385

needing one freaking attempt in GE or one battle in world map :rolleyes:
and that for every real battle
and not because you are good (you sure aren't because then you wouldn't need this idea) but because you trained it 100 times

and that the is against the concept of the game
you should fail and need time to recruit units again

or else you would get the sector even if you have lost the battle

so do it like all in the last 4 years
learning by failing. not learning by doing fake battle without losses
I am actually really good at battling and I did not understand a word you said

DeletedUser109385

needing one freaking attempt in GE or one battle in world map :rolleyes:
and that for every real battle
and not because you are good (you sure aren't because then you wouldn't need this idea) but because you trained it 100 times

and that the is against the concept of the game
you should fail and need time to recruit units again

or else you would get the sector even if you have lost the battle

so do it like all in the last 4 years
learning by failing. not learning by doing fake battle without losses
And calling me a fool was really insulting as I was having a sensible conversion and you just call me a fool which is real life aggressive.

DeletedUser96901

if you would be smart you wouldn't quote the same thing twice to answer it
you would edit the first posting :rolleyes:

btw:
where is the word "fool" in my quoted messge :rolleyes:

and 2nd btw:
didn't you say that you ignore my postings :?

DeletedUser109385

if you would be smart you wouldn't quote the same thing twice to answer it
you would edit the first posting :rolleyes:
That doesn't mean I am not smart

btw:
where is the word "fool" in my quoted messge :rolleyes:
upload_2016-8-12_17-37-42.png

and 2nd btw:
didn't you say that you ignore my postings :?

And yes I did say that

DeletedUser108379

If someone insults one, I do not see a fault in mentioning this fact and saying that one feels insulted.

But, what I find strange and a bad Idea, is to do so some days after the fact. Something like that should either be mentioned directly or - especially as it has been removed - one should keep mum. So, now, days after the incident it looks more like you are looking for something to fight about. I think, I do not like that attitude.

DeletedUser109385

If someone insults one, I do not see a fault in mentioning this fact and saying that one feels insulted.

But, what I find strange and a bad Idea, is to do so some days after the fact. Something like that should either be mentioned directly or - especially as it has been removed - one should keep mum. So, now, days after the incident it looks more like you are looking for something to fight about. I think, I do not like that attitude.
You do have a point, I should have said this on the day of the incident.

DeletedUser109385

Seriously veering off-topic guys.

Trying to get back, isn't this idea similar to this one: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/red-v-blue-fights-friendly-fights.22097/
Not exactly the same, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a friend who has the units you want to verse?
True it's actually quite similar to my idea..but then if it's similar to my idea than why is the idea getting a lot of positive reviews while this one is getting a lot of bad reviews? Seriously this idea did not get even a single +1!

DeletedUser96901

True it's actually quite similar to my idea..but then if it's similar to my idea than why is the idea getting a lot of positive reviews while this one is getting a lot of bad reviews? Seriously this idea did not get even a single +1!
those where all before GE was introduced
so at the time of their voting they couldn't argument against it with a reduce of the amount of attempts players in GE would need with the idea

btw: I gave a -1 there