• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Battle) Red v Blue Fights (Friendly Fights)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:

The basic proposal is to allow red v blue battles within a Guild and/or with Friends.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes, can't find anything similar, but my search chi may be bad, so sorry if this has been posted before.

Reason:

At the moment, if I want to test a new strategy, or develop tactics against different army types, there isn't an easy way that I'm aware of outside of entering PvP battles or fights of the World map (which has limited applicability and no further applicability once it is finished). Similarly, if new players are trying to build up their knowledge and skills, they learn in real fights without an ability to 'exercise' their troops and armies.

Also, if I am trying to develop defence strategies against particular neighbours, the only current way is to suffer attacks and losses in order to learn.

However, all military forces throughout history practiced their strategies and tactics in exercises with friendly troops. This proposal is along the lines of introducing the same historically accurate approach used by all military forces; and which at the same time allows me as a player to develop my ability to fight in game.

It will be particularly useful for newer players in the upcoming guild wars (like many, I'm sure they will arrive sometime and am hopeful for this summer).

Details:

Allow players to attack other members of their Guild and their Friends (and also be attacked by other Guild members and friends).

However, the battles would contribute no ranking points, would not count as fights in the fight statistics and would not result in any loss of troops (everything would automatically regenerate at the end of the fight).

This would basically create a risk free 'military exercise' environment where players can setup forces of different types and face friendly opponents. Different strategies and tactics against different forces could be developed and experience gained in facing the AI.

Guild members and Friends could arrange different defensive forces to allow members to gain specific experience, which could help players build defences (or attack strategies) against attackers in their neighbourhood. Currently if a player in a neighbourhood is being regularly attacked, there is only a limited number of ways other members can help (and no military approaches if they aren't in the same neighbourhood).

Visual Aids:

None required. This would require some additional code in the game to allow friendly, no-harm battles, but no extra visual aids.

Balance:

No change to the current situation. Everyone in a guild or with friends would be able to exercise their troops without risk.

Abuse Prevention:

None required. No points, battle stats or loss of troops would occur to anyone.

Summary:

Provide a red v blue fight environment to allow friendly battles within a guild or amongst friends that allows players to develop their fighting skills and knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1

I really like this idea and had in fact planned to post a very similiar idea when I had finished the last details. There's some things that differs between our suggestions, I'll just list them below so you can take them into consideration if you'd like to :)

• To start a training battle you shouldn't "attack" the other player (guildmate/friend), but instead send a request to a training duel.
  • The training battle would be real PvP (Player-versus-Player). This means that when you've sent the request to start a training duel, it must first be accepted by that player (guildmate/fiend).
  • A special chat room or something equal should be aviable during a training battle to be able to discuss relevant things.
  • It should be possible to to choose between all units when setting up your army for a training battle. For instance, a player on iron age should be able to use field guns for the training battle only. This would allow to try out different strategies before building any military buildings, it would also help to be able to simulate battles with all kinds of units, and not just the ones a player currently holds.

DeletedUser2029

@ peterst6906

sure, why not, +1. nice job on the restrictions.

@ falcon93

2 is supposedly on the way (for some time now), 3 would be cool but with the troubles they had with chat, I seriously doubt it, 4 is just overkill, maybe on the zz server, but definitely not in real game.

DeletedUser1983

Good idea... However, there is another way approach for this that could be considered. Since this is a battle game, it would help if we have simulators, kind of like what we have in Tribal Wars.

DeletedUser16927

+1 from me as I would like to test strategies against certain types of troops. Anyway brilliant idea

DeletedUser15432

I have only just come across this idea, yet I visit the forum every day, this is a very nicely laid out and well thought out idea, and with the amendment suggested in the second post would be very workable, therefore, a +1 from em as well

DeletedUser96901

Abuse Prevention:
None required. No points, battle stats or loss of troops would occur to anyone.

so I don't see a need for it

and if you want to learn how to fight (offense or defense) a training room would be much better:
you set attacking & defending units, bonus of each site
and then you can move one, both or no side (and the rest is done be the AI)

DeletedUser

+1
First time i have had an idea, and managed to find a thread already proposing it. :)

DeletedUser

I love this idea - +1 !

Maybe there can be created an other option:
The whole guild can fight in teams - this will be a great way to learn new tactics just before you enter the GvG map !

DeletedUser

Those people who vote with "-1" are stupid ! The idea is good !

Very good is the idea with the chat during battle and the possibility tо use units form higher than your age !

DeletedUser99588

Those people who vote with "-1" are stupid ! The idea is good !

Although you may not agree with those that vote minus one for an idea it is their choice as it is yours to vote +1.

I'm neither for or against this particular idea. I guess it would be nice to have but I don't see it as a priority. From the developers point of view it may encourage more to participate in GvG if there was a training map that guilds could use which in turn could lead to more diamond sales.

DeletedUser106348

+1 It would be very useful. Though personally I don't do much fighting, only defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.