• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Special battlefield traning

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
A special battlefield in which you can train with any units of your choice

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Couldn't find any
Reason:
Every player should get the chance of training themselves with their units to improve their fighting skills
Details:
The units that are used in this special battlefield training will automatically be resurrected and healed just like defending armies, they will not gain any points or reward by doing training, they will just practice with their units. The players will be given options of all units from all ages to pick from so they can practice with the armies they are having trouble with defeating, the players will also be able to pick any battle boosts for their enemy army.
This will not make the game easier because it wasn't already easy to train with the defense you wan to beat and the idea is not giving away any benefits but improving the game play of the player.
Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
I have nothing to say about this.

Abuse Prevention:
Nothing

Summary:
As always please give a reason(more than one word) if you do not like the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

would make the game easier
trying 50 times to find the correct strategy against a GE defense and then using 1 attempt and minimum losses

Balance:
I have nothing to say about this.
why not ?

how do you want to balance no losses and one attempt per GE sector with many losses and and many needed attempts ?

and minimum losses in world map fights without needing hours to recruit more units because they have failed (especially in the early part where players don't have an Alcatraz)

Abuse Prevention:
Nothing
sure
being successful in every first real fight because you tested it 100 times don't need an abuse prevention :lol:

Reason:
Every player should get the chance of training themselves with their units to improve their fighting skills
as in the past 4 years:
every player can learn improve their fighting skills in real fights with real losses and real recruiting of units :rolleyes:

DeletedUser109385

would make the game easier
trying 50 times to find the correct strategy against a GE defense and then using 1 attempt and minimum losses

why not ?

how do you want to balance no losses and one attempt per GE sector with many losses and and many needed attempts ?

and minimum losses in world map fights without needing hours to recruit more units because they have failed (especially in the early part where players don't have an Alcatraz)
It's not making the game easier, read the details again, it wasn't already "easy" to train with the defenses you wanted and not giving any benefits away as well but just improving a player's game play. This idea will make the game easier for some players who are clever than other but really is it that much of a big deal? The player will still get loses.

DeletedUser109385

that is a lie

it gives the benefit of not losing units or attempts in GE
So you are saying when someone fights they will be invincible by using this idea:lol:? Not at all just improving their gameplay

DeletedUser109385

as in the past 4 years:
every player can learn improve their fighting skills in real fights with real losses and real recruiting of units :rolleyes:
It's not worth it, you fight a real battle and end up losing so many units with no benefits at all, and besides you got to wait a certain amount of time before "practicing" in these kinds of battles.

DeletedUser96901

So you are saying when someone fights they will be invincible by using this idea:lol:? Not at all just improving their gameplay
lol

I say if someone train without losses he don't fail in real fights so often and can advance faster (in GE and / or world map)

and that is what people call "making the game easier" :lol:

and besides you got to wait a certain amount of time before "practicing" in these kinds of battles.
thanks for being honest and seeing the benefit of your idea
no need to wait :rolleyes:

btw: you can edit your posts and don't need to make 2 in a row

DeletedUser109385

lol

I say if someone train without losses he don't fail in real fights so often and can advance faster (in GE and / or world map)

and that is what people call "making the game easier" :lol:
That is someone but not all players, you are actually doing something in return to "make the game easier" you are practicing with your units which can be hard quite often to allow this "benefit" anyway I am ignoring your post because of the ******** in the replays of yours.

DeletedUser96901

why not simply ignoring my first post
would have saved us time :lol:

because there is no need to answer to every answer that gives a -1 because you don't like those -1

DeletedUser103052

-1. I agree that you should work strategies out as you go, if you can do infinite battles with no risk then it makes the game easier in that you don't have to face the loss of units in order to improve your strategy.

DeletedUser109385

-1. I agree that you should work strategies out as you go, if you can do infinite battles with no risk then it makes the game easier in that you don't have to face the loss of units in order to improve your strategy.
But what if you want to practice battling a particular army that you never met?

So what if I tweaked the idea that you can practice battling with an army you have never met and you do face the risk of losing your units? Will that make it less easier?

I actually totally disagree with making the game easier, so you lot are saying it was already easy to figure out a strategy without facing the loss of units? I don't know about you lot but I have seen many ideas that make the game easier and none is accusing of those ideas making the game easier? What is this? I can give you the links to those ideas if you like.

Like this one: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...hlight-player-in-ge-contribution-lists.32165/
And this one"
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/renovation-kit-upgrade-information.30694/

DeletedUser

So what if I tweaked the idea that you can practice battling with an army you have never met and you do face the risk of losing your units? Will that make it less easier?
Why would anyone want to potentially lose units for the sake of a 'practice' battle? :rolleyes:I'd rather have a crack at the real one and take my chances!
As others have said, players simply form strategy from previous battles over time. This is called experience and there should be no shortcut to that. You still do not seem to fully understand the concept of 'making the game easier'.

DeletedUser109385

Why would anyone want to potentially lose units for the sake of a 'practice' battle? :rolleyes:I'd rather have a crack at the real one and take my chances!
As others have said, players simply form strategy from previous battles over time. This is called experience and there should be no shortcut to that. You still do not seem to fully understand the concept of 'making the game easier'.
I do not indeed, can someone then explain to me the concept of making the game freaking easier? ? Like what does it EXACTLY mean by "making the game easier"?
The point of this idea is to practice challenging an army you want to challenge but you can't find that particular army, it wasn't already easy to do this.

DeletedUser

What you are proposing is the ability to effectively "learn", in an extremely short space of time, with no unit losses, what most players have learned through hundreds if not thousands of battles using their own troops and often losing them. You have said this does not make the game easier because it was not possible to do this before; it is not possible to do this BECAUSE it makes the game easier.

By "making the game easier", we mean something that gives an unfair advantage or can be abused, or something that provides an unnecessary shortcut to progression in the game. This has been explained to you before. There is no unfair advantage in the ideas you have quoted, they are simple game improvements.

DeletedUser96901

Like what does it EXACTLY mean by "making the game easier"?
needing one freaking attempt in GE or one battle in world map :rolleyes:
and that for every real battle
and not because you are good (you sure aren't because then you wouldn't need this idea) but because you trained it 100 times

and that the is against the concept of the game
you should fail and need time to recruit units again

or else you would get the sector even if you have lost the battle

so do it like all in the last 4 years
learning by failing. not learning by doing fake battle without losses

DeletedUser103052

Neither of those ideas linked make the game easier, they make the interface simpler to understand, but what 'Making the game easier' means is making the actual content and progression easier to achieve.

DeletedUser109697

Endless combat practice runs for free sound like short cut, one that replaces hard fought and costly lessons and sounds like a bad idea.

But maybe a special GB that provides/enables the player a limited number of combat practices is acceptable.
Practices runs measured in x (GB level) practices per week perhaps?