• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser117370

ok so my question is as follows:
since mars ore is only available on the new global map will players who have advanced to SA:M have access to it even if they have not finished the VF global map?

DeletedUser113901

is there a new GvG map ?
wait no ...of course not ...
= total underwhelm again .
There won't be anymore because of the reasons given in the GBg announcement. Only question I ask myself is why list cartography as a problem when there is still Antartica for AF/OF/VF and then each space age can host its own GvG map on its (dwarf) planet?

DeletedUser14704

This Great Building has the ability "Missile Launch", which gives you the chance to kill half of all enemy units at the start of a battle. Additionally, the building also produces coins for your city. It is planned to remove the ability to use this bonus in PvP, however there is no date set for the change at this time.

Set it now !

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
The day is correct and will go to all servers on May 28th.
As most of you know from playing beta, one of our game designers did indicate the GB would be changed to remove PvP. That post was only made this past Friday and did say expect to hear more in the coming weeks. This means that yes, they will go live as is, and any changes will come later. The beta post. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...go-project-stargazer.10335/page-10#post-81455

Also, for the curious on the already released expansion. This was released with the 1.45 update. The victory expansion was released then for a cost of 950,000 medals.

Isn't it BAD that Inno releases something and they know that they will change it, what will happen to all those ppl who are not on the forums and build the darn thing and then later on the gb is nerfed? Makes me wonder of all the times e.g. Terracotta fps being increased etc...if inno knew that they are going to change...but just went ahead and released it anyway.

Agent327

Overlord
@Lady Marlena why is this update going live if fundamental changes to the GBs are planned alter? The feedback to the post you referenced has been met with overwhelmingly negative response from the beta community too. It's a huge risk now to put any investment into new GBs if there is a high probability of significant changes. If something isn't right, why wasn't it addressed on beta first? What is the point of beta if it doesn't form a useful test/feedback/change cycle?

Are you new?

This is how it always works. Beta is only to see if new things work. Player feedback does not matter.

DeletedUser14484

Are you new?

This is how it always works. Beta is only to see if new things work. Player feedback does not matter.

This is not always true. In this case, the VP has been nerfed because of players's feedback on the Beta forum. :)

DeletedUser96901

This is not always true. In this case, the VP has been nerfed because of players's feedback on the Beta forum. :)
will be nerfed
in a few weeks

but it will be released in the original version next week

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Isn't it a shame when some people only come to the boards to ridicule other people's posts and not to add anything constructive to the debate. I guess it makes them feel clever.

In my opinion releasing stuff on beta that could be nerfed in the future is fine.; that's what beta testing is all about. It should be rare to have to make changes once something has been released on the live servers, and releasing something which is known to be wrong should never happen.

Am I new? Far from it.

DeletedUser14484

Isn't it a shame when some people only come to the boards to ridicule other people's posts and not to add anything constructive to the debate. I guess it makes them feel clever.

In my opinion releasing stuff on beta that could be nerfed in the future is fine.; that's what beta testing is all about. It should be rare to have to make changes once something has been released on the live servers, and releasing something which is known to be wrong should never happen.

Am I new? Far from it.

Beta CM has confirmed that the VP will be nerfed, not might be or could be.
If there is a reason why Inno is still releasing SAM knowing that a building (and especially a GB) will me modified, I would like to know it.
And I must thank CM @Lady Marlena for her positive quick feedback. Compared to other servers, here we are not left in the dark like mushrooms ;):hide:

DeletedUser111428

Ok, so that begs another question - what good are AF goods in Space Age Mars, given you now need Mars Ore to be able to create Mars Goods?
Arctic Future Goods will be used to send the Arctic Harbor Ship to collect Promethium, which is also needed as a Special Goods for some of the Space Age - Mars Tech Tree (oh and you will also need AF Goods to repair your Arctic Harbor ship as well when it gets damaged) :)

DeletedUser111428

With the confirmation that the Virgo Project will be "nerfed" so that it cannot be used for PvP, I could personally only see its value on the Campain Map (for some difficult fights for some FoE players) or for some Guild Expedition Level IV fights...still, because of its random feature and limited number of attempts (5 when you bring it to Level 45) I doubt that people will be rushing to get Blueprints for it, as we have seen it recently for the Terracotta Army and the Himeji Castle!

The fact that the Star Gazer GB does not provide a second Bonus will also impact its "popularity" once SAM is released on few days; any player with a highly leveled Chateau Frontenac can easily produce LOTS of current Era Goods from recurring Quests before jumping to a next Era. For instance, I am ready to go to SAM era next Tuesday and, despite trading TONS of Virtual Future Goods with Guild Members and FoE Friends, I have now put aside at least 15k of each VF Goods, so I can easily complete all SAM Tech Tree Researches requiring VF Goods and even use them for some needed Negotiations (such as the ones from Daily Challenges) so, for players in a similar situation as myself, the Star Gazer is not appealing without a second bonus.

The good news is that advanced players will then be able to use their Forge Points for existing Great Buildings within their cities and to complete remaining Research Tech Tree :)

Deleted member 109369

@Lady Marlena why is this update going live if fundamental changes to the GBs are planned alter? The feedback to the post you referenced has been met with overwhelmingly negative response from the beta community too. It's a huge risk now to put any investment into new GBs if there is a high probability of significant changes. If something isn't right, why wasn't it addressed on beta first? What is the point of beta if it doesn't form a useful test/feedback/change cycle?

Why it's going live first is not something I have an answer for unfortunately yet. Based on that thread, it appears the decision was made late to change it. The Envoy's post was only made last Friday. Beta feedback is just that. Feedback. I think its pretty valuable myself. I've seen several instances where player feedback on beta has had an impact and things get changed or re balanced. I have also seen that happen here. There will be times of course when even though players want something, it won't happen for a variety of reasons, some technical, some cost etc. In this case a change is being made. The issue for players is not that feedback wasn't listened to so much as why the changes aren't being made first. I also agree it should have been in the announcement and I've added it. As to why, I've asked the question and will hopefully have some further answers on Monday.

DeletedUser114160

Will any goods be of use from previous era's? I have several special buildings producing goods. Will they become useless?

Agent327

Overlord

It isn't. It will still go unnerfed to the live servers. After that it will be nerfed. Players that do not know that are in for a nice surprise.

Deleted member 109369

Will any goods be of use from previous era's? I have several special buildings producing goods. Will they become useless?

Previous era goods will still of course be needed for GE for example. If you upgrade your special buildings such as a Terrace farm, to Mars age they will produce mars age goods,

DeletedUser14484

It isn't. It will still go unnerfed to the live servers. After that it will be nerfed. Players that do not know that are in for a nice surprise.

Ah ok... I see what you mean and I agree with you that it is wrong that the VP will modified AFTER the SAM is released.
Where I disagree with you is when you say that Player feedback does not matter. In this case, the decision was made following precisely players' feedback on the Beta Forum. There are instances when our opinions have been taken into consideration.