• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

I am wondering about two things
1. it is released before the update will be released to the other languages
2. it is released but on beta they said they are deciding if the bonus will be changed because of players feedback

so
@Lady Marlena
1. is the day really correct ?
2. are the information about the GB in the announcement final. which would mean there won't be any changes. or could the bonus change after it goes live ?

DeletedUser116872

The only people who complained about TVP were those that invested a lot in defense. I can already kill 99% of players in my hood without it but it would be a nice addition just for fun really.

The way this has been handled and communicated is very poor. The "announcement" is a short message from beta forum staff buried in pages of a feedback thread. No mention of when it would take place but implied it might take place after Mars release. This change was met by heavy criticism in the same thread but there was no further response by staff. No clarity in the live announcement either and clearly it's not been well communicated internally as we're still waiting for an answer.

Stingy

Private
Your special event buildings can be upgraded to SA:M and will provide you with SA:M goods!
Your SA:M goods buildings will be located on your colony, not in your town. So no previous age goods are required to produce those.
To produce SA:M goods in your colony, you will need to find Mars Ore. THAT is required to produce SA:M goods!
Now, for all those that don't see any use for the Star Gazer GB when entering SA:M - you are right, but you will need it to produce SA:M goods when going into SA:CERS (next era), as your Mars colony will become redundant and you won't have anymore access to it... What if... the tech tree will require SA:M goods to complete a or several tech(s)? ...
The Virgo GB is absolutely of no use in my opinion. And yes, I placed both in my Beta town in order to test these and make an (informed?) opinion about their use on the live servers

DeletedUser96901

when going into SA:CERS (next era), as your Mars colony will become redundant and you won't have anymore access to it... What if... the tech tree will require SA:M goods to complete a or several tech(s)? ...
then you must produce it in your city

because InnoGames already has the solution for this situation

it is called "Mars Goods Synthesizing and is the first tech of SA:CERES

:rolleyes:

Stingy

Private
then you must produce it in your city

because InnoGames already has the solution for this situation

it is called "Mars Goods Synthesizing and is the first tech of SA:CERES

:rolleyes:
That is indeed what that states, but if that will be the solution? Wait and see, shall we...

DeletedUser113093

Now, for all those that don't see any use for the Star Gazer GB when entering SA:M - you are right, but you will need it to produce SA:M goods when going into SA:CERS (next era)

The Star Gazer becomes redundant for anyone with a high chateau because they will have already stockpiled enough Mars goods for the 6-12 months before CERES comes out. Especially if the complaints about the GBs are reflected in the uptake of the 2 new GBs when MARS goes live. Seems to me we are revisiting history.... when AF came out goods were unwanted because not many wanted to build the gaea statue.... or Oceanic because not many wanted to build Atlantis....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113093

• 6 new expansions (3 new diamond expansions, 1 new campaign and 2 new research expansions. 1 victory expansion has already been added to the game prior)
Has anyone else noticed the maths

You need to ignore the victory expansion as we had it a long time ago, shortly after VF part 3 was released.

DeletedUser96901

as they said "6 new expansions"
not "6 expansions"

because 3 new + 1 new + 2 new + 1 old are definitely not 7 new

:lol:

DeletedUser107692

Lol, negotiating with a rock.

Looks really awesome though. Can't wait to play it, too bad I'm still stuck in arctic future. It takes forever to get through.

I guess I might as well tear down my Ritual flames and defensive GBs soon though. What's the point of buffing my units when they get killed instantly anyways? And it's not like the remaining units will stand a chance against an army of rogues anyways.

DeletedUser96901

I guess I might as well tear down my Ritual flames and defensive GBs soon though. What's the point of buffing my units when they get killed instantly anyways? And it's not like the remaining units will stand a chance against an army of rogues anyways.
on beta they announced that PvP will be excluded
so the Virgo won't kill your units

Deleted member 109369

I am wondering about two things
1. it is released before the update will be released to the other languages
2. it is released but on beta they said they are deciding if the bonus will be changed because of players feedback

so
@Lady Marlena
1. is the day really correct ?
2. are the information about the GB in the announcement final. which would mean there won't be any changes. or could the bonus change after it goes live ?

The day is correct and will go to all servers on May 28th.
As most of you know from playing beta, one of our game designers did indicate the GB would be changed to remove PvP. That post was only made this past Friday and did say expect to hear more in the coming weeks. This means that yes, they will go live as is, and any changes will come later. The beta post. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...go-project-stargazer.10335/page-10#post-81455

Also, for the curious on the already released expansion. This was released with the 1.45 update. The victory expansion was released then for a cost of 950,000 medals.

Deleted member 109369

The second one. I had thought it hadn't been released but it has been, so the first was my error. :)

DeletedUser107692

on beta they announced that PvP will be excluded
so the Virgo won't kill your units

As most of you know from playing beta, one of our game designers did indicate the GB would be changed to remove PvP. That post was only made this past Friday and did say expect to hear more in the coming weeks. This means that yes, they will go live as is, and any changes will come later.

That is good to hear. PvP is already broken, no need to make it worse ;)

Forwandert

Major-General
Is it going to indicate when building the GB that it's going to be adjusted?

There are many players that don't visit the forum and by releasing the GB on live with that information missing players will spend diamonds getting the bps and wont be aware they are about to get a nerf.

There will be some unhappy players if they invest in the game to build up a GB in the first few days as they do, for it to get nerfed within a couple of weeks when the information is being discussed outside of the game.

DeletedUser112017

The day is correct and will go to all servers on May 28th.
As most of you know from playing beta, one of our game designers did indicate the GB would be changed to remove PvP. That post was only made this past Friday and did say expect to hear more in the coming weeks. This means that yes, they will go live as is, and any changes will come later. The beta post. https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...go-project-stargazer.10335/page-10#post-81455

Also, for the curious on the already released expansion. This was released with the 1.45 update. The victory expansion was released then for a cost of 950,000 medals.

No, many players do NOT KNOW about that intent. Not many read forums at all (nor they have to), they will only see what GB offers when it's release and act upon that knowledge.

Get a grip guys, this is a clear cut fraud you're doing here, you KNOW a nerf will come to otherwise somewhat appalling in-game item that money will be spent on (at least for missing prints) which will become a space waster afterwards.

Deleted member 109369

Which is partly why I provided a link to the post. I think its also a good idea to add something to the announcement as well, so I will do that at some point today.

DeletedUser116872

@Lady Marlena why is this update going live if fundamental changes to the GBs are planned alter? The feedback to the post you referenced has been met with overwhelmingly negative response from the beta community too. It's a huge risk now to put any investment into new GBs if there is a high probability of significant changes. If something isn't right, why wasn't it addressed on beta first? What is the point of beta if it doesn't form a useful test/feedback/change cycle?