• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Some statistics regarding military buildings and their units

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Apparently, you do not get points for coins/supplies that you receive for selling buildings anymore. I have corrected the chart accordingly.

DeletedUser1979

this chart is useful, ive copy pasted it and refer to it before most battles.:)

DeletedUser

Please stop spamming this thread, there's a lot of useful information in most posts, but nobody is interested who repped why and when and what for.

I updated the chart with new numbers.

DeletedUser

1339186707-clip-63kb.jpg

had 3rd already unlocked

DeletedUser1782

Do injured units fight worse than healthy ones? Or is it just me?

DeletedUser1081

Injured units do indeed fight worse than healthy ones.

It seems to me that our injured units fight worse than the AI's injured units, but a friendly developer stopped by the forum and said that's not true. He did confirm that injury takes its toll, but he swears it's the same for the AI as it is for our units.

DeletedUser1782

Got another question. Is there any way to choose your units' formation before the battle? For instance, I got 4 ballistas and 4 archers. I want them to go like this, from top down on the battle screen: 2 ballistas, 4 archers, 2 ballistas. In what order do I put them on my Army screen?

DeletedUser

We all wish there was but unfortunately, the setup can't be changed by human.

DeletedUser2869

Good work.
Quick question: Do your troops still remain after you sell it's own military building?

DeletedUser

Good work.
Quick question: Do your troops still remain after you sell it's own military building?

No, once you sell the building that you trained the units in, the units will disappear. It does not really reflect real life, but it does make it to where you really have to think before you sell a military building if you still plan to attack AI, and it makes it to where you have to keep the buildings on your map if you want to keep the units. It is all about the strategy of what you can fit in your city.

DeletedUser2869

Thanks dude. It's just I don't have enough expansions to keep everything, so I was wondering if I could get away with leaving just my troops.

DeletedUser

Updated - interesting that you get medals for 6th place in the LMA tournament. Maybe even for 7th and more. I'll stay on it.
******edit: 7th and 8th get medals. /end edit

The picture is complete now, thanks to everyone supplying me with the numbers!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do we want a column that lists the battlepoints gained for each defeated unit type? After playing for 7 months, I do have already 5 numbers, so this could be a task that will never be completed....

DeletedUser4113

I've experimented a bit with bronze age units and movement and found some pretty consistent rules.
If taking the movement value as it stands; grasslands cost 2, hills, bush and forest 3, rock 4 and swamp 6. There is one caveat, might be a bug or a "feature". If you make a partial move and enter a hex from which you will only be able to move one more hex and wouldn't be able to attack after that movement, your unit's turn will end automatically.
This can be tested, for example, by moving a movement 12 unit 5 hex over grassland. Notice that the unit initially( or during the move if you're making multiple partial moves) will be able to cover six hex, but upon entering the fifth hex the units turn will end.

Please comment if you find any inconsistencies using this.

Robertflatt

DeletedUser176

You always have to substract 2 movement points before calculating further. Maybe it's kept for attacks (attacking requires some movement after all), and the movement shadows are calculated in the same way.
It's been this way since I started playing, so I would consider it a feature.

DeletedUser

Great thread!
Good to see the co-operative way that people have contributed.
The information certainly helps. If only we knew more about total hitpoints and actual damage calculation.
We cant always have everything.
Cheers.

DeletedUser

Added a new graphic containing battlepoints, medals and expansions.

Edit: I think I'll have to re-check Berserkers, the number doesn't seem right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.