• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Some statistics regarding military buildings and their units

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1782

Movement cost

As far as I got behind this, the number really shows the movement. It's just that plain grass takes two away. Trees/bushes take around 3 and swamps/hills like 4 or something like that...
Also it seems that just being "in turn" costs 2 points. For expample a unit with 14 movement minus 2 has 12 movement when in turn, thus walks 6 fields on plain grass. Or maybe the "in turn" penalty ist kept for attacks and expires if not used.

I believe that's pretty accurate. I count the ratios as follows: if Grass costs 1, then Woods/Bushes 1.5, Hills 2~2.5, Rocks ~2.5, and Swamp 2.5~3. Also, to make this work right, divide the unit's Range by 2. What this means for your tactics, is that your ranged units should hide behind swamps and/or rocks, and melee units should be placed to block the narrow passages between these obstacles. Just don't forget that an archer standing ON a rock can still be melee-attacked from any adjacent hex like plains or woods, so make sure you put him behind the costly terrain - not ON it.

DeletedUser1081

thank you Vanguard!

I believe that's pretty accurate. I count the ratios as follows: if Grass costs 1, then Woods/Bushes 1.5, Hills 2~2.5, Rocks ~2.5, and Swamp 2.5~3. Also, to make this work right, divide the unit's Range by 2. What this means for your tactics, is that your ranged units should hide behind swamps and/or rocks, and melee units should be placed to block the narrow passages between these obstacles. Just don't forget that an archer standing ON a rock can still be melee-attacked from any adjacent hex like plains or woods, so make sure you put him behind the costly terrain - not ON it.

well but an archer on a rock gets an attack bonus, right?

the ranges seem to me to be measured in hexes, unlike the movement, so i don't understand what you mean by "to make this work right, divide the unit's range by 2"

DeletedUser176

He's talking about movement (-range), not attack range. ;)

Archers get +1 Attack on rocks, but if they can be hit ignore the bonus and take a step back. The archer is more useful that way because alive. ^^

DeletedUser

Catapult (EMA)
Cost per unit: 0 coins + 350 supplies.
Unlock 4th slot: 12,300 coins + 9,500 supplies.
*Forgot to take note of unlock cost for the 3rd slot.

Berserker (HMA)
Cost per unit: 200 coins + 200 supplies.
Unlock 3rd slot: 5,400 coins + 4,500 supplies.
Unlock 4th slot: 14,500 coins + 12,100 supplies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Does anyone else think the stats for the Mounted Archer are low? They are worse than those of the Archers from the previous age. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, but doesn't it seem weird.

BTW Great job on this thread and the updates :)

DeletedUser

Does anyone else think the stats for the Mounted Archer are low? They are worse than those of the Archers from the previous age. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, but doesn't it seem weird.

BTW Great job on this thread and the updates :)
Yup, trading attack for movement, bad bad thing, skip directly to crossbows

DeletedUser176

Catapult (EMA)
Cost per unit: 0 coins + 350 supplies.
Unlock 4th slot: 12,300 coins + 9,500 supplies.
*Forgot to take note of unlock cost for the 3rd slot.
4,600 / 3,600 for the third slot.

DeletedUser

Updated the table a bit and added some more info regarding the LMA medals. Thanks for the numbers guys, keep 'em coming ;-)

DeletedUser1081

mercenaries: 4 hour training time; unlocking the 4th slot costs 4900 gold & 3800 supplies
heavy cavalry: unlocking the 3rd slot costs 3700 gold & 2900 supplies; 4th slot: 9800 & 7600

thank you again and again for this great chart

DeletedUser1782

He's talking about movement (-range), not attack range. ;)
Archers get +1 Attack on rocks, but if they can be hit ignore the bonus and take a step back. The archer is more useful that way because alive. ^^
Yeah, sorry about that. Also, did anyone notice that the computer can get more movement out of any unit than YOU can? I have. I can move my ballistas only 2 hexes on plain terrain, but the computer can move them 3 hexes! Same for short-range units - I can only get 5 movement out of my archers, but the computer can often get 6. [br][br] No offense to the developers, but I guess the units' AI is so bad that they had to give them more movement. P.S. How do you insert line breaks in these posts? Please help!

DeletedUser

Yeah, sorry about that. Also, did anyone notice that the computer can get more movement out of any unit than YOU can? I have. I can move my ballistas only 2 hexes on plain terrain, but the computer can move them 3 hexes! Same for short-range units - I can only get 5 movement out of my archers, but the computer can often get 6. [br][br] No offense to the developers, but I guess the units' AI is so bad that they had to give them more movement. P.S. How do you insert line breaks in these posts? Please help!

yah it's been a reported common bug - much like roaches, and line breaks? press enter :D (or is it some other break? :p)

DeletedUser1782

...line breaks? press enter :D (or is it some other break? :p)
Yeah, you'd think something that simple would work, right? But it doesn't work for me. Maybe there's a BB-code for a line break though.

DeletedUser176

Update for the medal section: There seems to be a current maximum of 10 medal-expansions. Starting with the fifth, which costs 1000 already, the costs add up by 1000 per step, reaching 6000 for the tenth.

Archers recruiting time is reduced to 2 hours now, probably all of the iron age units.

DeletedUser2101

I want to point out that soldiers still take 4 hours. I am playing a world that isn't version 0.10 yet so I can be wrong that the times will be 2hour only once the world has been updated.
I will edit this post tomorrow once the update is complete.

DeletedUser

I want to point out that soldiers still take 4 hours. I am playing a world that isn't version 0.10 yet so I can be wrong that the times will be 2hour only once the world has been updated.
I will edit this post tomorrow once the update is complete.

archers only take 2 hours to train as of 0.10.0

DeletedUser

Updated.
And please dear Lord, don't have HMA troops now take 8 hours to recruit, pretty please! ;-)

DeletedUser

This information was added on June 6th

Unit building times (NEW*):
- All iron age unit training times were reduced from 4 to 2 hours. NEW*
- The Catapult, Trebuche and Cannon building/training times were reduced from 8 to 4 hours. NEW*
- The stonethrower building times were reduced from 2 to 1 hours. NEW*

more fresh training time info

Status
Not open for further replies.