• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Made Gold on the last day by using all my currency and players for one final chest with 30 seconds to go,, This is a crazy way to play an event were it comes down to complete luck with 30 Seconds to go to determine a successful Event or not after 20+ days playing

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I actually left almost 2K balls unused I hated this mini game and hope it never returns

no money or diamonds from me this event - feedback - try harder to make a more enjoyable minigame next time please Inno

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I have/had thousands of unused balls as well. And, just happened to notice in my emails, still had the email notification from Inno with the free currency that I never activated! lol
I thought that the anniversary Event was a very poor event - never would have believed that the Soccer Event would be even worse. Same general mechanics, but overall worse mechanics.
And, if you go around and look at the Cities of your neighors, or just decided to go and plunder whoever you can - watch and see how many of those cities that have multiple Event buildings - do not have the Anniversary or Soccer Event buildings. That in a nutshell is a very visual notification of the multitude of players that chose not to participate in these 2 events.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Graphics were shocking, Gameplay was terrible, Length of Events way too Long, Lack of any Ideas from the Developers pretty shocking also, but actually the rewards were quite good IMO..

Knight of ICE

And, if you go around and look at the Cities of your neighors, or just decided to go and plunder whoever you can - watch and see how many of those cities that have multiple Event buildings - do not have the Anniversary or Soccer Event buildings. That in a nutshell is a very visual notification of the multitude of players that chose not to participate in these 2 events.

I did as you suggested and the only conclusion I can come to is that it has nothing to do with the Events you mention, but more how fanatic players are and how much time they want to spend. With a lot to gain in buildings this Event, it was worth the effort, even if the mini game was absolutely not my thing. My biggest complaint is that the mini games have nothing to do with the Events anymore. They are nothing more than a repetition of a concept. Maybe the old games are no longer possible because of game code used, but we used to have real soccer games where you could take shots at a goal and win a trophee. I woud say, if you have an Event about soccer make it about soccer. What on earth does a Greek theme have to do with soccer?

My biggest complaint is that the mini games have nothing to do with the Events anymore. They are nothing more than a repetition of a concept. Maybe the old games are no longer possible because of game code used, but we used to have real soccer games where you could take shots at a goal and win a trophee. I woud say, if you have an Event about soccer make it about soccer. What on earth does a Greek theme have to do with soccer?
It's lazy. Too easy. Retro games wrapped in new theme based skins. Wonder if they use mindless AI to generate these monotonous copy/paste games.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
With a lot to gain in buildings this Event, it was worth the effort, even if the mini game was absolutely not my thing.

This was the only reason I took any time playing this event. I'm sure there's many others too.

I didn't enjoy it at all but the prizes, even the secondary prizes where strong. 200 era goods, 100s of fps. Normally your lucky to get 50 and 10. Usually not bothered about any of those but the figures made it so if you didn't win the daily special the reward was still worth it mainly because SATs quite new and goods are still welcome to a degree.

The epic soccer kit helped me finish a section of my city that although slipping into obsolete I've been building since the first soccer event.

I ended up with two of the gold upgrades, followed no system of x amount of fields per day, didn't do more than 5/6 daily challenges for the extra badges, didn't collect the double points daily special rewards daily till 10 days in, so the event was way beyond easy and gave decent prizes.

Sadly the concept and delivery of it made no sense with the theme and it was a chore, just happened to have a reasonable return on the time needed. Usually you can just disregard the event completely if you don't like it but value wise for a FOE it was worth playing.

Vesiger

Monarch
I thought this mini-game was far more interesting than the random spin on a wheel/pull matchsticks from a box/hop from lilypad to lilypad ones - likewise the St Patrick's Day event, and even the archaeology one. I'm all in favour of games that actually require you to learn some mechanics and make some strategic decisions as to gameplay,
I agree that it had nothing to do with any discernable football mechanic, though... which is odd, because the Germans are very keen on football! If it had been from an American company I could have put it down to cultural blindness..