• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Nidwin

Sergeant
I'm experiencing the same as Arch1e on my main and my 8 WW/FoY cities. 1 up to 3 500 footballs on all 9 cities the first week and over the past 5-6 days nothing except 20 balls drop once a day or every 2 days. I think I had less than 5 100 balls drop all my cities together over the past 5-6 days while they dropped regularly during the first week.

Just a remark and may be it's just Arch1e and myself having run out of incidents goodies lucky drops.
It doesn't matter to me of course as P2W player so no whining on my side, knowing I'll end with 15K+ progression and have already all I wanted + more.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Screenshot_20230904_084818_Samsung Internet.jpg

I asked about this wording a couple of days in, completely got ignored and it's wrong. ALL of the players are locked in place by netting at the start. It's probably time someone with a full understanding of the mechanics starts writing these as they're becoming less clear and more ambiguous this year. Mainly as they're written to pretend certain rewards are more obtainable than they are but in this case just the writer had no clue how the game is played.

I only played to gain epic soccer kits, If I had played properly Gold kit would have been easily obtainable. but the actual mechanics of the game are boring and repetitive, literally reskinned nonsense from a previous boring and repetitive event. The colours are horrible, an occasional graphic of a football doesn't make an event anything remotely to do with football. It takes too long to play these events when you already have multiple things to attend to ingame (I dropped quite a few game mechanics but still found myself having to find additional time to do the event when they used to be quite fast), rewards like the 20 bp are incredibly annoying. Upto 20 pop ups, who thought anybody would appreciate that? I'm guessing the attention to detail is that low these days that nobody even noticed what would be the outcome of someone winning those.

All in all not enjoyable and lacks any imagination to copy and paste yet another thing in FOE.

I too haven't collected any incident footballs since way before the weekend probably Tuesday/Wednesday as I don't collect incidents unless there's an event on its quite noticeable when I'm wasting my time for nothing, before that roughly 600.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

I'm experiencing the same as Arch1e on my main and my 8 WW/FoY cities. 1 up to 3 500 footballs on all 9 cities the first week and over the past 5-6 days nothing except 20 balls drop once a day or every 2 days. I think I had less than 5 100 balls drop all my cities together over the past 5-6 days while they dropped regularly during the first week.

It is something players experience on about every Event where incidents can give you Event currency. Players never share their fortune, but always their bad luck. You have 8 WW/FoY cities. Do you get the same amount of diamonds every day, or are there days you get nothing and other days that you get more than you expect? Have you ever thought the chance of getting diamonds from your farms has been nerfed?

Deleted member 127677

Have you ever thought the chance of getting diamonds from your farms has been nerfed?
I don’t think we are comparing like for like here. I have a set number of wells across my five dime worlds, there is an average number of dimes I should get per day, and that is broadly correct, over time. I can track that, there is a publicised percentage, and it holds roughly true.
By contrast, when an event pays out 1-2 incidents worth of event currency daily for 8 days but then there is suddenly only the equivalent of 1 incident for the next three days, I have nothing to compare with, except what happened the first days, and to some degree, the game track record of suddenly changing things without announcement as I mentioned earlier. Which was also acknowledged to have happened only once players started asking. In this particular instance, I have also not heard anyone saying just how many incidents they are still getting, even among my guildies who would be the first port of call for this, and who happily chatted about what they were getting early on in the event. All I for one am asking is, did something change. And all I want to know is, yes or no.

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
Assuming the incidents are set in the same random way regardless of what's going on, the only way you'd ever really know something was a miss, was if an 'Event' lasted several months, allowing you to compare the frequency of things appearing. Your 'Wells' are always there, so you know what to expect from them.

Nidwin

Sergeant
It is something players experience on about every Event where incidents can give you Event currency. Players never share their fortune, but always their bad luck. You have 8 WW/FoY cities. Do you get the same amount of diamonds every day, or are there days you get nothing and other days that you get more than you expect? Have you ever thought the chance of getting diamonds from your farms has been nerfed?
No Ice, it's actually the way around. What I was experiencing is an unusual drop of footballs through incidents during the first week, while now since it may have been adjusted it feels like the usual event drops.

Sometimes I get that feeling when my first three farms don't drop a single diamond or only one but its just a feeling, I also have that when I don't get a single FoY out of my 8 farms Level 3 GE but here too, just RNG at work.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I like the actual game mechanic, it makes you think how best to merge units to achieve a clear board...
HOWEVER, when you have multiple cities or loads of footballs to use up, it does get long-winded to trudge through board after board.
A style that would suit perhaps just one Event in a year...

The 'random' spawn generator definitely takes into account what you have in the bank.
Time after time after time, if I need a certain colour to spawn, I'll get 5, 6, 7 or more of the other two colours first. It's glaringly obvious.
And I'm someone who likes RNG, I like the surprise!

I agree that the visuals of this Event have very little to do with 'soccer'.
And what's with all the winter-based prizes?

All in all, although I like aspects of this Event, I think it should return to the old style.

Knight of ICE

Sometimes I get that feeling when my first three farms don't drop a single diamond or only one but its just a feeling, I also have that when I don't get a single FoY out of my 8 farms Level 3 GE but here too, just RNG at work.

That's it. It is a feeling, nothing more. You accept it as that, but when it comes to Events people always think there is something wrong. You make the first week your benchmark instead of saying, hey, it's just the RNG at work.

I would like Inno to explain why some players are getting close to none footballs from incidents, like myself in the past 5 days, and others are still getting regular footballs from incidents? Are just some players nerfed on this? The best thing Inno can do is to eliminate this random stuff from events entirely and just place more currency in the event milestone rewards. Last event i bought the gold chest because it was worth it and got quite a few nice buildings, but now i will definitely not buy anything as i don't see how i'm going to compete with those that have like 500-1000 footballs extra in the span of a few days. Another disappointing event which doesn't deserve our attention and time. Honestly, if Inno would put more though and time into creating events that differentiates the players by skills i would be a lot more interested, but this stupid random chances are just that...random and not worth it.

Deleted member 127677

Did a quick poll of guildies and it’s (very unscientifically) 20% still getting regular footballs, 60% getting none for days (and feeling it dropped off after the last update) and 20% having seen one just now/yesterday. Irrespective, it looks very odd and for me just makes me coast the last days of the event since I already got what I needed out of it.

Tellx

Private
I'm certainly seeing a lot less event currency than I was. It seemed like it dropped when I finished the rush quests and caught up on the daily quests (around quest 40). Almost as if the incidents are returning a percentage of quest currency earned that / previous day.

Can't see any reason why something like that would be programmed so I'm putting it down to RNG. Only problem with blaming RNG is that it is the same on all my cities, and surely 1 would buck the trend of the others.

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
I just wonder one thing: What if we were all being awarded with less event currency during the first week and more frequently there after. Would you still complain about it has been nerfed or will you greatly thank you Inno. I just wonder...

Deleted member 127677

By definition, nerfing means that something is weaker or less effective so unlikely. For me, this is a linear thing. Give more currency in week 1, people overspend, then see they can’t sustain said spending to the end, and have to top up their footballs or potentially see themselves dropping down the leagues. Same if you cleared your board, you ended up overspending by completing the next one. Those who maintained a constant 9 spawned players on the 4 boards a day throughout the event have no issue, any incident extras they got will be a bonus they can spend in the last few days if needed.

Malynn

Corporal
Well as this event finally nears the end (loud cheering). All I can say is, it is one of the most boring and tedious mini games Inno have come up with. The soccer event mini game from the previous couple of years was more fun and much more enjoyable.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Those who maintained a constant 9 spawned players on the 4 boards a day throughout the event have no issue, any incident extras they got will be a bonus they can spend in the last few days if needed.
This tactic only works for F2P or for those spending 25€ to get 2 full event buildings. If you go P2W for 3 or 4+ full (gold upgrade) event buildings you need to finish every board and only use the reset if you truly screw up. I used the reset only once, early during my first set of 8 200 footballs first Day.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

This tactic only works for F2P or for those spending 25€ to get 2 full event buildings. If you go P2W for 3 or 4+ full (gold upgrade) event buildings you need to finish every board and only use the reset if you truly screw up. I used the reset only once, early during my first set of 8 200 footballs first Day.
Oh, totally. But if you paid, dimes or cash, it matters less whether you are getting fewer balls in incidents I would think. I believe you did mention that also in your previous post. Same for me, if I fall short, I will just buy some extra, it’s no biggie. But I’m in gold either way already, so if there is an issue over the last days, I will just sort it then.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
On the topic of getting footballs from incidents:
I had completely forgotten it was possible to get any footballs from incidents until reading this thread reminded me. I haven't gotten any in over a week, and I am not the only one in our guild who has found NO event currency in incidents in over a week. Sure feels like there was a quiet unannounced nerf at some point...

Anyway, now that the event is almost over, time for some feedback:
1) The music during the mini game is TOO LOUD! Much louder than the rest of the music in the game, to the point where I usually turn off the music while playing the mini game.

2) The mini game is TOO RANDOM! This was an issue during the anniversary event, and it was an issue here too. Here are a few examples:
2a)
FoE No Blue Player Spawned1.png

First of all, despite filling all empty space with new players, not a single blue player spawned. Second, look at the LOCKED red players: ONE red and FOUR black. That means only ONE complete red badge, no matter how many more red players I spawn

2b)
FoE 1 Red Player Spawned 1.png

In this case only ONE red player. And again only ONE possible red badge, due to getting only ONE black piece of a red badge, the rest are all red pieces

2c)
FoE 1 Yellow Badge possible 1.png

Look at the yellow players: one black and five yellow. So only ONE complete yellow badge possible, no matter what I do.

Also, I really HATE that particular version of the field.

There were many more such examples, where the players I spawned and/or the locked players were too unbalanced.

It's also extremely annoying when you need 1-star pieces of a particular color, but get none. A single piece of 4 stars can unlock ALL 4-star players on the field; pieces of 1, 2 or 3 stars are limited to unlocking just one piece, and there is no way to DECREASE the star rating of a piece.

Overall I really HATE this mini game and I hope it NEVER gets used again!

Gedrog

Private
Saw the banners for discounts or whatever and seeing as UII will need some extra diamonds in the coming days but when I looked at it closely it is event currency only I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come

Vesiger

Monarch
I got two gold chests out of my last-morning 80 footballs (300FP) - the RNG really is random, but people only ever notice when it is against them..